Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

As I said, let us know how it works out for you.

amallon

Instead of acting the smart fella Ulick why can't you add something constructive to the conversation.   
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Gaffer

Quote from: Ulick on October 22, 2011, 03:07:37 PM
As I said, let us know how it works out for you.

No bother, Ulick
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Ulick

Quote from: amallon on October 22, 2011, 04:09:47 PM
Instead of acting the smart fella Ulick why can't you add something constructive to the conversation.

Aidan, I've already been described as a buffoon by him on another thread but hey this buffon will offer some free advice anyway for what its worth. Move more than spitting distance away from the reciever  and that device or any other you could buy over the counter will be useless. Even if you a standing next to the reciever it might stream a HD resolution but not a hope in hell of getting a full frame rate or colour depth and forget about any kind of decent audio. Now obviously a buffoon such as myself can't see the obvious logic in paying £100 for a yoke which will only work when placed next to the telly when a £5 cable woud do a better job, but I'm sure there is some.

Gaffer

Who described you as a buffoon, Ulick?

bennydorano

Think I denied a Spybot change earlier today and some of my regularly visited sites have turned to shite- facebook, Gumtree, couple of bike sites.  they are appearing as a series of links (or what I imagine is like the building blocks of a website), like the site's bucked - but it's obviously something I did (or didn't do) any ideas?

bennydorano

Done a System restore to well before it started acting up and no change.  Anyone?

J OGorman

Quote from: bennydorano on October 23, 2011, 05:08:56 PM
Done a System restore to well before it started acting up and no change.  Anyone?

Maybe reinstall / upgrade flash player

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Gaffer on October 22, 2011, 10:31:06 AM
Is there a device where you can show your computer screen on your TV  screen?

Someone mentioned someting about a wireless device you can buy but I can't track down anything anywhere.

This is what I use

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html

bennydorano

Quote from: J OGorman on October 23, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 23, 2011, 05:08:56 PM

Maybe reinstall / upgrade flash player
That's what I ended up doing and it seems to have sorted it ok.

Gaffer

Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 23, 2011, 06:58:48 PM

Someone mentioned someting about a wireless device you can buy but I can't track down anything anywhere.

This is what I use

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html

Thanks for that. How do you find it?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Gaffer on October 23, 2011, 07:03:39 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 23, 2011, 06:58:48 PM

This is what I use

Thanks for that. How do you find it?

It works very well, it works well from my kitchen which is about 15-20 feet away. I also use it for wireless streaming of music from my laptop through my surround sound system via the TV.
When I bought my laptop it had the Intel Wireless Display program already installed, I'm not sure if this program can be installed on an older laptop.  The adapter cost about $100.

tyrone exile

Ive been trying to get some films from my imac onto my external hard drive so i can watch them on my laptop, however my external hard drive must be formatted to windows as nothing from imac will go onto it, does anybody know any way round this, or any other way i could access this stuff from my laptop?

Main Street

Format the ext. drive with Disk Utility  on your Mac, choose the MS dos fat32 option.
When that is done, you can read and write to the ext. drive on the Mac and you can at least read the files from the same drive on Windows.

That's the standard procedure.

bennydorano

Anyone know/link where I could get Microsoft Word free?