Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Square Ball on August 23, 2011, 12:49:39 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 23, 2011, 12:32:29 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 14, 2011, 12:16:04 PM
my sons laptop wont connect to the internet, it was working when he went to bed and the next day it wasnt. states that it cant find any networks when there are.the other laptops all work as do the phones.

I have disabled it then enabled it, repaired it and all that.

any ideas.

Did you try sticking in a cable, instead of using wireless?
Yip, it works when i do that, still diesnt work,done a restore as well. Looking like a complete restore

It will be interesting to see if a complete restore works. The wireless on my laptop at home stopped working. I can still access the Internet by cable.

I tried re-installing the wireless drivers but to no avail, and I have assumed it is a hardware issue. I've a Toshiba Satellite Pro.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ulick

my sons laptop wont connect to the internet, it was working when he went to bed and the next day it wasnt. states that it cant find any networks when there are.the other laptops all work as do the phones.

any ideas.

Yip, it works when i do that, still diesnt work,done a restore as well. Looking like a complete restore

Is the wireless light showing on your router?

Ulick

Quote from: Orior on August 23, 2011, 02:29:54 PM

any ideas.

It will be interesting to see if a complete restore works. The wireless on my laptop at home stopped working. I can still access the Internet by cable.

I tried re-installing the wireless drivers but to no avail, and I have assumed it is a hardware issue. I've a Toshiba Satellite Pro.

Have you enabled wireless on the laptop and checked it's switched on? Should be a button on the front.

Orior

Quote from: Ulick on August 23, 2011, 02:37:20 PM

any ideas.

Have you enabled wireless on the laptop and checked it's switched on? Should be a button on the front.

Yeap, done all that. My work laptop can pick up the wireless at home no problem.

Think I'll get a tape measure and then beat the Toshiba to within an inch of its life.

Square Ball

the router is working as the other laptop can conect to it, in settings the wireless is switched on.

No idea wtf is going on
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

RMDrive

Quote from: extra time on August 23, 2011, 01:47:53 PM
i can only get avg free for 30 day trials. is this the norm or can you get it for a longer period?

You can get it forever! The "free" botton is usually small and dwarfed by the big flashing "buy this now" stuff. Just take your time and you'll find it on the web page.

Radda bout yeee

I have a problem with my microsoft outlook contacts if anyone can help!
I manage some people - however as staff have transferred and some have left the e-mails I get through from them are still coming through with the name of the old employee.

How do I change this or does it have to be changed on their end?

Square Ball

Quote from: Ulick on August 23, 2011, 02:37:20 PM

any ideas.

went for one last look yesterday and downloaded the manual and guess what, found the wireless button and bobs your uncle. :-[
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

NP 76

Does anyone know what would of caused the controls which work the mouse in the middle of the computer to freeze can only work it with a mouse plugged in . It only seemed to happen over night dont know anthing about computers but got a Toshiba Satellite at christmas for the wee girl

amallon

On some laptops there is a button beside the touchpad which you can press to disable the touchpad.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

NP 76

Thanks A Mallon worked 100% havent a clue about laptops can just get it turned on andd the basics . Thanks again the Bridge can rely on my support at the weekend lol

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 25, 2011, 03:01:54 PM
I manage some people - however as staff have transferred and some have left the e-mails I get through from them are still coming through with the name of the old employee.

Anyone any ideas?

amallon

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 07, 2011, 11:34:59 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 25, 2011, 03:01:54 PM

Anyone any ideas?

I'm not 100% clear on what you are asking but what I think you need to do is:

FOR OUTLOOK 2007 +
Open Outlook
Go to tools menu select Account Settings
Double click on the email account you want to change
In the Your name field type the new name.

FOR OUTLOOK 2003 (From memory)
Open Outlook
From tools menu select Email Accounts
Double click on the email account you want to change
In the Your name field type the new name.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Orior

The search button on GAA Board does not work. How is it for everyone else?

muppet

Quote from: Orior on September 07, 2011, 01:13:20 PM
The search button on GAA Board does not work. How is it for everyone else?

It says to contact an administrator.

Contact those CCCC boys.

Oh and start with : 'I'm sorry but.....'
MWWSI 2017