Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

AVG free has always been grand for me.

Malware bytes should be downloaded and spybot. Run them every once in a while.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on May 17, 2011, 10:34:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 17, 2011, 10:31:07 PM
I'm back in business. Did an old system restore, rebooted modem and router and I'm back online.

Cheers.

Thanks for wasting everyones time.
Screw you. Was BK after you earlier? Jokeman was ringing to say thanks for the prize.

tbrick18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 17, 2011, 10:34:04 PM
What is the best anti-virus, protector against malware, Internet security application out there? Any of these freebies like avast any good?

Avast is very good....its also a lot less memory intensive than AVG.

anportmorforjfc

Lads, laptop was working fine this morning. Went to turn it on there now again and it won't turn on. It's fully charged, anyone know what the problem is? Tried taking the battery out didn't work.

lurganblue

i'm having some trouble with my laptop at the minute.  It constantly loses connection to our home WIFI.  There is def nothing wrong with the WIFI as other devices run ok.  The laptop connects for a while then says there are no networks available.  I try to diagnose the problem and it says it cannot find a problem?  When the laptop is charging it cannot connect at all.  any suggestions?

Don Johnson

Something is up with my browsers these days.

Firefox is constantly crashing on me for some reason. Same happens though if I use Safari or IE too.

I downloaded Chrome but it isn't loading pages.

When I open Firefox I can only really go on Facebook, if I go on any other site it crashes.

Though sometimes, like now, if I disconnect my external hard drives and close a lot of other running programs it lets me in?

I dunno what's wrong with it. Think it could be time for a new laptop.

on the sideline

Lads hoping someone can help!  My computer has lost sound/has no volume coming from any internet sites, ie youtube, facebook, radio 1 etc, but i can still play music through i tunes or watch matches using my p2p and the sound works grand.  Anybody any ideas as to why or what i needa do to sort the problem? Thanks

mylestheslasher

Quote from: on the sideline on August 06, 2011, 11:55:38 AM
Lads hoping someone can help!  My computer has lost sound/has no volume coming from any internet sites, ie youtube, facebook, radio 1 etc, but i can still play music through i tunes or watch matches using my p2p and the sound works grand.  Anybody any ideas as to why or what i needa do to sort the problem? Thanks

Try downloading your browser again (chrome, IE explorer) and do a reinstall and see if that helps.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: on the sideline on August 06, 2011, 11:55:38 AM

Check your volume settings for IE. What OS are you ising? Windows 7? It would have a volume control for each application, so the one for your browser may be turned down.

on the sideline

Thanks for the advice lads, finally got it sorted but to tell u the truth i couldnt explain how!

Square Ball

my sons laptop wont connect to the internet, it was working when he went to bed and the next day it wasnt. states that it cant find any networks when there are.the other laptops all work as do the phones.

I have disabled it then enabled it, repaired it and all that.

any ideas.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Orior

Quote from: Square Ball on August 14, 2011, 12:16:04 PM
my sons laptop wont connect to the internet, it was working when he went to bed and the next day it wasnt. states that it cant find any networks when there are.the other laptops all work as do the phones.

any ideas.

Did you try sticking in a cable, instead of using wireless?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

My   laptop         is          running like a dog            today. A very                slow dog, with       three legs,              pulling a sleigh, on grass, not              a greyhound.

If I find any of you have               infected my laptop with                some beastly thing, then I will                 seriously kick your shit in.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Quote from: Orior on August 23, 2011, 12:32:29 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 14, 2011, 12:16:04 PM

any ideas.

Did you try sticking in a cable, instead of using wireless?
Yip, it works when i do that, still diesnt work,done a restore as well. Looking like a complete restore
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

extra time

i can only get avg free for 30 day trials. is this the norm or can you get it for a longer period?