The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2022, 07:18:52 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 16, 2022, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 16, 2022, 02:54:39 PM
Gone. Confirmed
One of the most daft appointments in the history of the Premier league.

Radio 5 saying Steve Bruce or Mark Hughes to take over.
literally nobody is saying those two, you'll get 3 figure odds for either of them taking over.
nil satis nisi optimum

johnnycool

It was bound to happen after yet another poor, flat performance vrs Norwich but the main, fundamental issues still remain when you have an owner going off and buying his own players willy nilly.

once again a good player is let go as he's not in the plans of a manager and then the manager is gone the following week..

Big Dunc and Bains will take over till the end of the season and they'll have their work cut out to avoid relegation.

lurganblue

Glad Villa got Digne signed before Rafa was chopped.

shark

Quote from: johnnycool on January 17, 2022, 08:59:21 AM
It was bound to happen after yet another poor, flat performance vrs Norwich but the main, fundamental issues still remain when you have an owner going off and buying his own players willy nilly.

once again a good player is let go as he's not in the plans of a manager and then the manager is gone the following week..

Big Dunc and Bains will take over till the end of the season and they'll have their work cut out to avoid relegation.

Doubt it. They couldn't have picked a better season to be crap. 34 points almost certainly be enough to stay up. May be as low as 30.

brokencrossbar1

They might get pulled into a bit of a fight but the reality is they are lucky there are 4 teams who are absolutely abysmal in Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley and Watford. 1 of them might go on a run, unfortunately I think it will be Newcastle as I don't want them to stay up, but 3 of that 4 go down.

You never know though. I think the club need to start being honest and stop the grandstanding etc. The whole place is a shambles and the fans have been treated like fools for years. The recruitment policy has been abysmal.

There also needs to be a proper acceptance of where they are at, both among the club owners and the fans. Everton are not a 'big club'. They are an old traditional club but are not a big club. Properly managed from top to bottom they could become one as they are in a football crazy city, with fanatical fans and a solid bedrock but they have financial problems and core issues within the boardroom. Instead of booing the managers the fans should be seeing the owners for what they are and how they treat the supporters

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 17, 2022, 11:23:44 AM
They might get pulled into a bit of a fight but the reality is they are lucky there are 4 teams who are absolutely abysmal in Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley and Watford. 1 of them might go on a run, unfortunately I think it will be Newcastle as I don't want them to stay up, but 3 of that 4 go down.

You never know though. I think the club need to start being honest and stop the grandstanding etc. The whole place is a shambles and the fans have been treated like fools for years. The recruitment policy has been abysmal.

There also needs to be a proper acceptance of where they are at, both among the club owners and the fans. Everton are not a 'big club'. They are an old traditional club but are not a big club. Properly managed from top to bottom they could become one as they are in a football crazy city, with fanatical fans and a solid bedrock but they have financial problems and core issues within the boardroom. Instead of booing the managers the fans should be seeing the owners for what they are and how they treat the supporters

The fans were chanting for the board to be sacked, but I think there's a belief that if it wasn't for Farad Moshiri that the new stadium wouldn't be happening. May be true but he's a disaster if he's calling the shots transfer wise.

Talk of Vitor Pereira being the next man in...

I'd take Graham Potter first, but why would he move to this cluster...

hoynevalley

An interim appointment could be disastrous.

And destabilise the club, further.

There are no obvious candidates. Carlo leaving left us rudderless, Benitez was a terrible appointment.

Zero direction in the club. What style of football are we trying to play from youth teams through to senior squad? Whats the policy on loaning out/in players?

hoynevalley

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 16, 2022, 09:00:38 PM
Gone. Confirmed

You've zero insight to sparky's past history with EFC.

Its gonna be a bleak end to the season

I'd take Stephen Kenny over Martinez.

This all goes back to the appointment of Koeman and DOF Walsh. A brutal manager who didn't want to be at the club and a DOF who spent a fortune to make the squad worse

manfromdelmonte

johnnycool

Quote from: hoynevalley on January 20, 2022, 07:44:48 PM
Gone. Confirmed

This all goes back to the appointment of Koeman and DOF Walsh. A brutal manager who didn't want to be at the club and a DOF who spent a fortune to make the squad worse

I think with hindsight you can't blame either of them as it's evident Morshiri has far too much say in the footballing side of things.

Both Walsh and Brands were highly regarded prior to coming to Everton where they evidently weren't given the freedom to do the jobs they needed to do.

WRT Evertons transfers, yes there's been some stinkers, especially strikers Niasse, Tuson to name but a few but some of the big money signings have been good, Lukaka for one who made the club big money, Stones etc etc. Heck they even made money on Moise Kean.. Iwobi was very poor.

Doucure, Allan, Godfrey, even Sigurdson (footballing wise) and the recent Gray and the free Townsend are fine, Rondon will never get a fair crack with the fans as he'd a very poor start and will be forever associated with Benitez..

imtommygunn

I would agree with a lot of that except Rondon and Sigurdson. Rondon is just a terrible footballer who is not near the level required. Sigurdson is fine when he has loads of space but if it gets physical he doesn't want to know and that doesn't work at all in the premiership.

Strikers are just a significant problem. I honestly think if that could be resolved it wouldn't be *that* bad though central defense could do with tightening and definitely need more pace at full back - especially as cover for Seamus.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 21, 2022, 09:20:42 AM
I would agree with a lot of that except Rondon and Sigurdson. Rondon is just a terrible footballer who is not near the level required. Sigurdson is fine when he has loads of space but if it gets physical he doesn't want to know and that doesn't work at all in the premiership.

Strikers are just a significant problem. I honestly think if that could be resolved it wouldn't be *that* bad though central defense could do with tightening and definitely need more pace at full back - especially as cover for Seamus.

Foreskin!  ;D

shark

Quote from: johnnycool on January 21, 2022, 08:43:30 AM
Quote from: hoynevalley on January 20, 2022, 07:44:48 PM
Gone. Confirmed

I think with hindsight you can't blame either of them as it's evident Morshiri has far too much say in the footballing side of things.

Both Walsh and Brands were highly regarded prior to coming to Everton where they evidently weren't given the freedom to do the jobs they needed to do.

WRT Evertons transfers, yes there's been some stinkers, especially strikers Niasse, Tuson to name but a few but some of the big money signings have been good, Lukaka for one who made the club big money, Stones etc etc. Heck they even made money on Moise Kean.. Iwobi was very poor.

Doucure, Allan, Godfrey, even Sigurdson (footballing wise) and the recent Gray and the free Townsend are fine, Rondon will never get a fair crack with the fans as he'd a very poor start and will be forever associated with Benitez..

Nominally maybe, but not in reality.
If a club buys a player for £20m, then they pay £20m. But not all to the selling club. Raiola is his agent, and will have taken large chunks of both deals.

quit yo jibbajabba

Im just hopin Stevie and Phil make it out of there unscathed. Savages hi

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm sure the lad who constantly cried about Liverpool fans attacking buses will be in here soon enough

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60096907