The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2018, 03:02:15 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 15, 2018, 02:41:43 PM
That was a peno for spurs at the end, would've been a travesty if we had not won that game though.

Lamela and Kane incidents from previous spring to mind

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xE1cc22Iv9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8G9dGuNkU

Captain Obvious

Tottenham probably would have got at least a point out of that game if Lloris had played.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Carmen Stateside

Was great to get an easy runout coming back from international duty.  Never looked like Spurs would trouble them.  Milner, Big Virgil and Bobby were immense.  Still think there is a lot more to come from this team.
Great to see United take points of Watford for us too  :)

thebuzz

Quote from: laoislad on September 15, 2018, 03:02:15 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 15, 2018, 02:41:43 PM
That was a peno for spurs at the end, would've been a travesty if we had not won that game though.
These things even themselves out over a season apparently..... ;)
Heard that Firmino's 'offside' goal early on was a legitimate goal so they evened themselves out in this game.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

blewuporstuffed

I thought Gomez was very good again too. Quietly improving all the time with VVD alongside him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 16, 2018, 09:59:41 PM
I thought Gomez was very good again too. Quietly improving all the time with VVD alongside him.

Got caught by Moura for that one chance but has been immense all season. Him and VVD compliment each other well and have the makings of a great pairing back there.

Hound

Quote from: gawa316 on September 16, 2018, 10:02:39 PM

Got caught by Moura for that one chance but has been immense all season. Him and VVD compliment each other well and have the makings of a great pairing back there.
There's mistakes in Gomez, but with a young CB you have to allow for that and hope he bounces back when they happen.

TTA is a clear weakness defensively. You'd hope they are working hard to improve that part of his game.

Ambrose

Always great to beat the Spuds, but the score line didn't reflect quite how dominant we really were. Should have been three up by half time, but the front three just haven't clicked yet. Imagine how good we will be when they do.
Defensively we have looked pretty solid, despite the consolation of the late goal on Saturday. Midfield were immense on Saturday imo, which wasn't really the case before the international break.

Kane was a big loss for Spurs on Saturday.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on September 17, 2018, 08:28:02 AM

There's mistakes in Gomez, but with a young CB you have to allow for that and hope he bounces back when they happen.

TTA is a clear weakness defensively. You'd hope they are working hard to improve that part of his game.

There is a mistake in him alright, but he is young and i actually think there are more potential mistakes in Lovren over a season.
I think both him and TAA will improve alot defensively over the course of the year, they both need games at the top level.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Armamike

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 15, 2018, 03:13:02 PM
Tottenham probably would have got at least a point out of that game if Lloris had played.

Would doubt that.  He might have done better on the corner for the goal but he couldn't do much about Spurs getting pressed all over the pitch and getting caught on the break repeatedly. Tactically Spurs couldn't live with Liverpool in that game.  Spurs couldn't get the time they wanted to get their main men like Erickson into the game and they ended up hitting long hopeful balls.
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2018, 11:43:13 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 17, 2018, 08:28:02 AM

There is a mistake in him alright, but he is young and i actually think there are more potential mistakes in Lovren over a season.
I think both him and TAA will improve alot defensively over the course of the year, they both need games at the top level.

I think they already have improved. Could be wrong but I heard since the 4-1 against spurs last season we've had the best defensive record in the league. Both have played their part in that, and early mistakes that like TTA made against utd & palace have been eradicated. Gomez actually playing in his best position is also helping as well.

Current ages of our back 5 are 25, 19, 21, 27 and 24...potentially they could be playing together for a long time together

brokencrossbar1

23 goals conceded in 35 premier league games since the Spurs 4-1, with 15 clean sheets.  A season is 38 games so a 25 goals against season. Man City has 28 GA last season, previous year Chelsea had 33, Leicester had 36, Chelsea the year before that we're 32, City the year before were 37. That would suggest that we have a League winning defence anyway and even the pundits are seeing that. Allison has only been there for 5 of those games so I'd like to think that level could be maintained.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armamike on September 17, 2018, 03:17:58 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 15, 2018, 03:13:02 PM

Would doubt that.  He might have done better on the corner for the goal but he couldn't do much about Spurs getting pressed all over the pitch and getting caught on the break repeatedly. Tactically Spurs couldn't live with Liverpool in that game.  Spurs couldn't get the time they wanted to get their main men like Erickson into the game and they ended up hitting long hopeful balls.

Tottenham were error ridden throughout that game and none more so than Vorm in goal which was highlighted on the Match of the day.  A better goalkeeper wouldn't have conceded those two goals and Tottenham should have scored twice themselves because that was a clear penalty in injury and interesting it was the same ref that gave Liverpool a very soft penalty against Crystal palace.