All-Ireland Club Championship Fixtures Jan-Feb-March 2017

Started by Ball Hopper, January 03, 2017, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Update with times for this weekend's games...plus a recent change of venue sees double header in Ennis featuring the Kerry and Mayo football teams.

Senior Football
Feb 11:  Corofin (Galway) v Dr. Crokes (Kerry) in Limerick;  St. Vincents (Dublin) v Slaughtneil (Derry) in Newry
March 17 Final in Croke Park

Intermediate Football
Jan 29: Westport (Mayo) v Kenmare (Kerry) in Ennis 2:15pm; St. Colmcilles (Meath) v Pomeroy (Tyrone) in Armagh 2:15pm
Feb 19: Final in Croke Park

Junior Football:
Jan 29: Louisburgh (Mayo) v Glenbeigh/Glencar (Kerry) in Ennis 12:30pm; Dunedin Connolly's (Edinburgh) v Rock St. Patricks (Tyrone) in Armagh 12:30pm
Feb 19: Final in Croke Park

Senior Hurling
Feb 4: St. Thomas (Galway) v Ballyea (Clare) in Thurles
Feb 25: Cuala (Dublin) v Slaughtneil (Derry) in Armagh
March 17: Final in Croke Park

Intermediate Hurling
Jan 29 Semi Finals: Ath Eascrach/Fothaine Ahascragh/Fohenagh (near Ballinasloe, Co. Galway) v Lismore (Waterford) in Tullamore 2:15pm; Carrickshock (Kilkenny) v Robert Emmetts (London) in Portlaoise 1pm

Junior Hurling
Jan 29: Calry/St. Josephs (Sligo) v Mayfield (Cork) in Tullamore 12:30pm; Mooncoin (Kilkenny) v Lamh Dearg (Antrim) in Trim 2pm
Feb 18: Final in Croke Park

westbound

Would it not have made sense to fix the intermediate football & junior football games between Mayo & Kerry opposition as a double header?

Ennis or Limerick would be close enough to half way between the teams (Ennis probably closer to the halfway point).

Especially with Westport and Louisburgh being neighbouring clubs, I would have thought a lot of people would want to go and see both games.

MayoBuck

Quote from: westbound on January 26, 2017, 09:38:37 AM
Would it not have made sense to fix the intermediate football & junior football games between Mayo & Kerry opposition as a double header?

Ennis or Limerick would be close enough to half way between the teams (Ennis probably closer to the halfway point).

Especially with Westport and Louisburgh being neighbouring clubs, I would have thought a lot of people would want to go and see both games.

It is a double header in Ennis. Both games are being streamed live by localstreaming.club as well.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: MayoBuck on January 26, 2017, 06:09:48 PM
Quote from: westbound on January 26, 2017, 09:38:37 AM

It is a double header in Ennis. Both games are being streamed live by localstreaming.club as well.

Change noted...makes sense for once.

From the Bunker

I see that Glenbeigh/Glencar are 1/4 to beat Louisburgh and Kenmare are 1/5 to beat Westport with Paddy Power. Just shows you how weak the standard of Connacht club football is. The standard of Intermediate and Junior Football must be really high in Kerry. I wonder how they manage to have such a high standard compared to other counties?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2017, 07:27:27 PM
I see that Glenbeigh/Glencar are 1/4 to beat Louisburgh and Kenmare are 1/5 to beat Westport with Paddy Power. Just shows you how weak the standard of Connacht club football is. The standard of Intermediate and Junior Football must be really high in Kerry. I wonder how they manage to have such a high standard compared to other counties?
Get over it, or go push for a revamp of the Championships in Mayo to bolster the standard of the lower grades. Galway could do likewise as well, 20 teams in senior is too much.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 27, 2017, 08:43:06 AM
Get over it, or go push for a revamp of the Championships in Mayo to bolster the standard of the lower grades. Galway could do likewise as well, 20 teams in senior is too much.

Mayo have 45 clubs with a 16 team senior , 16 team intermediate and the rest in junior championship. The junior championship is split in A, B and C with 4 groups in each but Junior B and C is mainly reserve teams with only Kilmovee shamrocks, Eastern Gaels in Junior B and Moygownagh in Junior C being first teams of clubs so 11 of the 16 clubs in Junior A are clubs first teams.

Mayo could probably pair down the junior championship to A & B and I think maybe divisional teams in the senior championship should be tried again in some way but I son't think there are too many senior , intermediate and Junior A teams damaging the standard of club football.

Underage coaching in clubs & schools would do more to improve standards than changes to championship structures.

Canalman

Honestly think alot of counties have to reduce the amount of senior clubs in their counties like Kerry ( I think) have done.  Will never happen I know. Think this "Senior B" that some counties have is a nonsense. Should be branded intermediate which is what it is.

Standard of Kerry club football is excellent and that is why they are winning all around them at junior and intermediate levels.

Cannot see Slaughtneil being beaten in the football. Saw them on telly before Christmas and they looked excellent. Very well balanced which is the key at this level.

From the Bunker

Cunny Funt

The trimming Louisburgh got wasnt as surprise as they weren't that convincing in a fairly average Connacht junior championship. I would expect Westport to give a better account of themselves as the Port would give the best Mayo senior clubs a decent game.

maigheo

Kenmare ahead by a point at HT.After a shaky opening Westport have dominated the game and should be a few ahead.

PW Nally

maigheo

PW Nally