Stephen's Day charity matches cancelled by GAA

Started by laceer, December 24, 2016, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Hypocrisy - they have no problems letting the club championship drag way past Stepnens day...
Basically the message is ye can't enjoy yereselves if there's no money in it for us...
Add this to the club players agenda
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Link

Does this affect the Ulster minor club championship games?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on December 25, 2016, 08:36:47 AM
I wonder how much the GAA's insurance costs.
They could probably get more extensive coverage if they shopped around.

The ban on pitch invasions probably has nothing to do with insurance.
It's an injury fund, not insurance for players

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 25, 2016, 03:51:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 25, 2016, 08:36:47 AM
I wonder how much the GAA's insurance costs.
They could probably get more extensive coverage if they shopped around.

The ban on pitch invasions probably has nothing to do with insurance.
It's an injury fund, not insurance for players
Maybe they could insure it and have the premiums invested to get a decent return say 5% and cover stephens day
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laceer

Eammonca and Rossfan - my headline may not be worded correctly but I stand over my point. It's the spirit of the thing- send a note out 2 days before Christmas with the sole intention of stopping people playing a game of football. That's not right.

rrhf

Quote from: hardstation on December 25, 2016, 11:36:25 AM
Yeah, they're very choosy when it comes to insurance cover.
The Kellogs Cul Camp thing is the biggest joke.
What s that 

AZOffaly

Quote from: laceer on December 26, 2016, 05:56:55 AM
Eammonca and Rossfan - my headline may not be worded correctly but I stand over my point. It's the spirit of the thing- send a note out 2 days before Christmas with the sole intention of stopping people playing a game of football. That's not right.

With the sole intention of advising them they are not covered.  If you play a soccer game are you covered.

redzone

Quote from: hardstation on December 26, 2016, 10:42:16 AM
Quote from: rrhf on December 26, 2016, 06:44:23 AM
What s that
The GAA will not cover clubs for running summer schemes etc unless your club runs a Kellogs Cul Camp in the same year. A feckin racket.

Kellogg's cul camps are the same as our summer camps. Not sure when the gaa started them but we have been running ours since the 90s.

DuffleKing

Quote from: hardstation on December 26, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
Quote from: redzone on December 26, 2016, 10:52:37 AM
What s that
The GAA will not cover clubs for running summer schemes etc unless your club runs a Kellogs Cul Camp in the same year. A feckin racket.

Kellogg's cul camps are the same as our summer camps. Not sure when the gaa started them but we have been running ours since the 90s.
Our club has run one since the 80s. We now have to run a Kellogs Cul Camp in order to run the club one.

Have some imagination HS. You haven't got a club summer camp - it's just that all of your underage teams are training every day for a week...

naka

Quote from: laceer on December 26, 2016, 05:56:55 AM
Tbf
Is it not the insurance company who are calling the shots

moysider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 24, 2016, 05:42:30 PM
Should go ahead as long as the clubs indemnify the GAA as a whole of any risk if a player breaks a leg and is out of work for an extended period.

Could go ahead but the organisers would be liable as it would be a private event.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: rrhf on December 27, 2016, 08:59:12 PM
What s that
That is a racket alright. Who are the directors of cul camps and how much do they earn?
Sponsors call the shots now

Everything has to be run past them

rrhf

Still don't get the reasoning for the insurance withdrawal on summer schemes conditional to their participation in local cul camp. Assume that the GAA own cul camps!

JimStynes

The cul camp one is a joke. We could easily get a load of our own club t-shirts and school bags and get the children to pay for those instead of the cul camp money. At least they would be wearing our own gear around the parish.  Could we run the cul camp at Easter? or does it have to be during the summer?

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on December 28, 2016, 01:09:59 PM
The cul camp one is a joke. We could easily get a load of our own club t-shirts and school bags and get the children to pay for those instead of the cul camp money. At least they would be wearing our own gear around the parish.  Could we run the cul camp at Easter? or does it have to be during the summer?

You can run a camp anytime you want, we always run two every year both at the start of the summer and then a week or two before they start back school. Armagh ran an official Cul camp as well in between sending down a few county players to justify the extortionate prices they charge the children. (think it is £40 or £50 for the week per child)

Summer is usually the best time to run them as it's usually better weather (i say that lightly) and with parents needing their kids minded for a few hours whilst they run for a latte or work for a few hours they'd do anything to get their heads showered for a few hours.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch