Shouting and roaring

Started by seafoid, December 16, 2016, 11:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: lenny on December 16, 2016, 11:27:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 16, 2016, 01:31:24 PM

I think he's saying - I'll say the first decade of the rosary, then we'll alternate until we get the full rosary said.

To which the reply was: Amen MotherF........
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: hardstation on December 16, 2016, 11:30:55 PM
What about Effin & blindin or buck leppin?

Good idea but a short thread. What do you say after Seamus Darby?

magpie seanie

It doesn't really work any more. Used to be a useful tool, if not overused, in the past but nowadays I think lads would just laugh and someone going buck mad shouting and roaring.

Played in a relegation match for our second team one year and we were 7 or 8 points down at half time. got a serious revving from the manager at half time and it lifted us (plus the row that happened 30 seconds into the second half). Lost by a point or two unfortunately but it definitely lifted a good few of us.

Jinxy

It doesn't really work with the first team anymore, but it's effectiveness increases the further down the grades you go.
At junior B level you'll still have a few lads who have their eyes on a first team spot who'll turn their nose up at this type of thing.
It can be a thing of beauty at junior C level though, when you can fully unleash your inner barbarian.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2016, 03:10:45 PM
It doesn't really work any more. Used to be a useful tool, if not overused, in the past but nowadays I think lads would just laugh and someone going buck mad shouting and roaring.

Played in a relegation match for our second team one year and we were 7 or 8 points down at half time. got a serious revving from the manager at half time and it lifted us (plus the row that happened 30 seconds into the second half). Lost by a point or two unfortunately but it definitely lifted a good few of us.

And yet how often do we hear - 'What did you say to them at halftime?' style interviews minutes after a big game ends. Most managers look awkward when asked this.

A Year Till Sunday gave a great insight into a half-time dressing room in an All-Ireland Final. No ranting and raving or things being thrown against the wall.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

It doesn't work on fancy dans anyway.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2016, 03:49:07 PM
It can be a thing of beauty at junior C level though, when you can fully unleash your inner barbarian.

Is not the entire point of Junior C football being the freedom to fully unleash your inner barbarian ?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 04:44:55 PM

And yet how often do we hear - 'What did you say to them at halftime?' style interviews minutes after a big game ends. Most managers look awkward when asked this.

A Year Till Sunday gave a great insight into a half-time dressing room in an All-Ireland Final. No ranting and raving or things being thrown against the wall.

If I remember correctly JOM did a fair bit of shouting at half-time in the final against Kildare. Didn't f**k anything against the wall right enough.

Like a lot of things it can work as long as you don't overdo it and pick your time and place. Too much of it and players will just tune it out.

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 21, 2016, 07:36:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 04:44:55 PM

If I remember correctly JOM did a fair bit of shouting at half-time in the final against Kildare. Didn't f**k anything against the wall right enough.

Like a lot of things it can work as long as you don't overdo it and pick your time and place. Too much of it and players will just tune it out.

I thought he only spoke to the squad for a short time and spent most of the time speaking one-on-one to Ja Fallon. It is a long time since I saw it though.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Jinxy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jinxy on December 29, 2016, 06:26:53 PM
What a sc**bag.

That is unreal!! We've all got clubmen like that but certainly not as filthy tongued as that!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Those videos do my head in. Staged, the lot of them.