A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Mickey will make a good pundit when he retires. I guess Sky will have to be the destination though. It's becoming a bit of a northern love-in as it stands.

seafoid

McCarron says in the book that his partner in the video was also straight. Hmmmnn

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on January 08, 2017, 08:51:04 PM
Mickey will make a good pundit when he retires. I guess Sky will have to be the destination though. It's becoming a bit of a northern love-in as it stands.

Really? How do you figure that out?

I remember when the Sky deal was first made, the country went mad. Joe Duffy's phone bounced off the wall, talk shows on radio and TV, newspaper columns, social media, forums. Ex players spoke out about it, saying it wasn't good that youngsters couldn't see their idols play, rural folk would miss out etc... but Mickey in his Irish News column said it has been overwhelmingly positive! Comical Mickey, eh?

lenny

Quote from: BennyCake on January 09, 2017, 11:26:39 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 08, 2017, 08:51:04 PM

Really? How do you figure that out?

I remember when the Sky deal was first made, the country went mad. Joe Duffy's phone bounced off the wall, talk shows on radio and TV, newspaper columns, social media, forums. Ex players spoke out about it, saying it wasn't good that youngsters couldn't see their idols play, rural folk would miss out etc... but Mickey in his Irish News column said it has been overwhelmingly positive! Comical Mickey, eh?

He was really boring as a newspaper columnist and always tried to promote his agenda. He would be terrible as a tv pundit also but at least if he was on sky I wouldn't have to watch him.

Jinxy

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2017, 09:32:41 AM
McCarron says in the book that his partner in the video was also straight. Hmmmnn

You think about this stuff a bit too much.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Is there a movie deal on the table? Oliver Stone perhaps? The story of a sporting hero caught between the black arts and the bookies, who inch by inch claws his way back up to the light via the healing redemptive guidance of Mickey Harte.