club transfers

Started by goldenyears, February 25, 2009, 11:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenyears

Lads am hoping someone can advise me on inter club transfers

What's the ruling on transferring an u16 from one club to a neighbouring club?

Does the lad have to automatically stay out of football for 12 months?

If club he is leaving consents is it automatically granted if his address is near enough to new club?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

RedandGreenSniper

Was talking about this actually tonight and asking the question if the two clubs consent, does a transferring player actually have to live/work in the new parish/club? Because there's lots of instances where this doesn't happen
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

goldenyears

My lad has been told that he can transfer but even though they consent he still has to sit out 12 months.

Surely that can't be right? Would the gaa condone keeping a young lad out of football that long?

DownFanatic

I have offered advice before on these issues and I have always referred people to the 'Loughinisland GFC Club Guide to Transfers.'

Every in and out imaginable is noted down in this book. A great read.

tyrone86

Rule 38

Transfers Within County
(a) A County shall have a Bye-Law governing the transfer of players from one Club to another within the County.
(b) A County Bye-Law may confine membership of a Club to a Catchment Area, which may be a Parish. A Parish for the purpose of this Rule shall, subject to County boundaries, be the district under the jurisdiction of a Parish Priest or Administrator.
A Catchment Area shall be fundamentally based on permanent residence of players, subject to a player being entitled to play with his Home Club.
Permanent Residence shall be defined in County Bye-Law.
A County shall also have the option, within County Bye-Law, to allow a player to play with a Club in the area in which he works.
(c) A player who wishes to leave one Club to join another in the same County must apply to the County Committee for a transfer.
(d) A County Committee has the right, acting within its Bye-Law, to grant or not to grant an application for Transfer.
(e) A County Committee may delegate to a Sub-Committee the authority to deal with applications for Transfer, but a County Committee shall retain the right to make final adjudication on an application.

Penalty: For playing without transfer - 12 weeks suspension.

In my experience, even with 2 consenting clubs, it isn't a given that the transfer will be granted without residency. However, you / the club you want the cub transferring to should be given an opportunity to make an appeal. After that it's up to the committee in charge.

Rav67

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 25, 2009, 11:14:16 PM
Was talking about this actually tonight and asking the question if the two clubs consent, does a transferring player actually have to live/work in the new parish/club? Because there's lots of instances where this doesn't happen

It seems to happen all the time in Down for some reason but not in other Ulster counties without good reason.  In Down good players just move to senior clubs which seems totally wrong.

I would imagine transfers aren't that widespread in Mayo RaGS?

T O Hare

Quote from: goldenyears on February 25, 2009, 11:10:54 PM
Lads am hoping someone can advise me on inter club transfers

What's the ruling on transferring an u16 from one club to a neighbouring club?

Does the lad have to automatically stay out of football for 12 months?

If club he is leaving consents is it automatically granted if his address is near enough to new club?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Ring the Burren secretary, they have written a book on tranfers within the GAA  ;D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Bitta-Banter

In Down whats generally done is that whoever a fella plays for first at U-12,then that is there club for life.Obviousley transfers are sought after this at times,however the reason has to be a good one before consent is given

longball

When is the deadline for a transer to go through?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

naka

Quote from: DownFanatic on February 25, 2009, 11:24:36 PM
I have offered advice before on these issues and I have always referred people to the 'Loughinisland GFC Club Guide to Transfers.'

Every in and out imaginable is noted down in this book. A great read.
every county has different rules re juvenile transfers,you will need to review the county rulebook

centre 3/4s

My 1st thing would be why does he want to leave his club and join a neighbouring club? In my club you would'n even think of it.. Anyone doing this must surely question there loyalty to any club never mind there own. in all my years of football i have seen many young footballers transfering from club to club and not only does the player get a bad name but so does the club accepting him.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Rav67 on February 26, 2009, 12:59:48 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 25, 2009, 11:14:16 PM

It seems to happen all the time in Down for some reason but not in other Ulster counties without good reason.  In Down good players just move to senior clubs which seems totally wrong.

I would imagine transfers aren't that widespread in Mayo RaGS?

Nah, I wouldn't say it happens all the time in Mayo. But I know of instances were the reason for transferring would be dubious enough
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

David McKeown

Ive said it on another thread but for me players particularly underage players should be free to move between clubs in the off season with no requirement for a transfer.  I know there would be a lot of opposition to this but to me its only fair.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

I'd say the deadline has been missed.

In Sligo if an adult wants a transfer within the county they must apply to the county board by a set date (either Feb 1st or Mar 1st - can't remember offhand) or else wait until the next year.

longball

Quote from: tyrone86 on February 25, 2009, 11:28:37 PM
Rule 38

Transfers Within County
(a) A County shall have a Bye-Law governing the transfer of players from one Club to another within the County.
(b) A County Bye-Law may confine membership of a Club to a Catchment Area, which may be a Parish. A Parish for the purpose of this Rule shall, subject to County boundaries, be the district under the jurisdiction of a Parish Priest or Administrator.
A Catchment Area shall be fundamentally based on permanent residence of players, subject to a player being entitled to play with his Home Club.
Permanent Residence shall be defined in County Bye-Law.
A County shall also have the option, within County Bye-Law, to allow a player to play with a Club in the area in which he works.
(c) A player who wishes to leave one Club to join another in the same County must apply to the County Committee for a transfer.
(d) A County Committee has the right, acting within its Bye-Law, to grant or not to grant an application for Transfer.
(e) A County Committee may delegate to a Sub-Committee the authority to deal with applications for Transfer, but a County Committee shall retain the right to make final adjudication on an application.

Penalty: For playing without transfer - 12 weeks suspension.[/i]

In my experience, even with 2 consenting clubs, it isn't a given that the transfer will be granted without residency. However, you / the club you want the cub transferring to should be given an opportunity to make an appeal. After that it's up to the committee in charge.

Does that mean if u serve the 12 week suspension are u then 'legally' transferred
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0