The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I'd rather have Milan for health reasons

but a Pool - ManUre final

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Silky

I could hardly watch. Great stuff. Roll on Ac Milan!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: blast05 on May 01, 2007, 10:31:08 PM
I watched it as a neutral - not really being too bothered about soccer.
One thing that struck me is the complete bias of the RTE commentary team and the analysts in the studio apart from Dunphy towards Liverpool.
I would expect more from RTE.

And also, for what its worth, IMHO Liverpool getting to the champions league final (and winning it 2 years ago) devalues the title of "best team in Europe". There is no possible way they can be considered as such regardless of their results in the champions league

I don't think anyone with half a brain in their head would consider the RTE panel biased towards Liverpool. They get stuck into us regularly. They just wanted us to win tonight as we were the better team in general play so in their minds "deserved" to go through.

As for Liverpool "devaluing" the Champions League well that's utter tripe. The European Cup and CL is a knockout cup competition. Not a league. The best team in Europe doesn't always win it. In fact more often than not they don't.

bingobus

GO ON YOU ******* BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS STIRRING STUFF. COULD BARELY WATCH IT.

Need a drink of something very strong....

BLAST05...Blow it out your arse!

The Real Laoislad

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

I went through every single emotion tonight

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

QuoteI don't think anyone with half a brain in their head would consider the RTE panel biased towards Liverpool. They get stuck into us regularly. They just wanted us to win tonight as we were the better team in general play.

As another neutral would agree with most of that except Ray Houghton is very pro-Liverpool but understandable as an ex-player, the other 3 are far from pro-Liverpool if fact they're probably anti-everything. I see Dunphy offered odds on Chelsea of 2/1 just before the penalties..

Congrats by the way lads, better team on the night won it, Chelsea should have put the game away in the first leg but they didn't...
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: blast05 on May 01, 2007, 10:31:08 PM
I watched it as a neutral - not really being too bothered about soccer.
One thing that struck me is the complete bias of the RTE commentary team and the analysts in the studio apart from Dunphy towards Liverpool.
I would expect more from RTE.

And also, for what its worth, IMHO Liverpool getting to the champions league final (and winning it 2 years ago) devalues the title of "best team in Europe". There is no possible way they can be considered as such regardless of their results in the champions league

If your not really bothered about soccer why post such shite  why do you care ::) f**k OFF YOU TOSSER

COME ON THE POOL
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Reina saved 2 from 3 tonight
3 from 4 in the FA Cup Final last night
and in his last season with Villareal - he saved 7 out of 9 in the league

blast05

I don't think anyone with half a brain in their head would consider the RTE panel biased towards Liverpool. They get stuck into us regularly. They just wanted us to win tonight as we were the better team in general play.

Maybe so, i don't watch the Premiership often enough but there is no question that Darragh Maloney and Ray Houghton are Liverpool supporters

QuoteAs for Liverpool "devaluing" the Champions League well that's utter tripe. The European Cup and CL is a knockout cup competition. Not a league. The best team in Europe doesn't always win it. In fact more often than not they don't.

I didn't say that - i said "devalues the title of best team in Europe".  The 2nd part of your line above agrees with this comment.

QuoteTerry and Essien and Makelele were superb.

I thought Makelele was shite

QuoteBlast05, we can only beat what is put in front of us.

I'll never understand the use of the word "we" from people who weren't born into it (my loss i guess). Apologies if you were born into it

QuoteIf your not really bothered about soccer why post such shite f**k OFF YOU TOSSER

True to form insightful analysis and commentary

Good luck to yee all anyway. I'm sure  it would never compare with your county winning the All-Ireland

The Real Laoislad

Im havin a few Milllers 5ive times it's working for me to slow down my heart rate
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

QuoteRay Houghton are Liverpool supporters

Ray Houghton a Liverpool fan no never ::) who would have thought a former Liverpool Legend would be a Liverpool fan ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

If its United in the final then to be honest I dont know who to support. Either way, a scouser will get his paws on the trophy.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magpie seanie

Quotethere is no question that Darragh Maloney and Ray Houghton are Liverpool supporters

Defo. They were cheerleaders not commentators.

Liverpool deserved it on the night. Chelsea are a brave team but didn't have enough in the tank for this hurlde and must really regret no having a bigger lead from the first leg.

bingobus

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 01, 2007, 10:49:23 PM
I was at the 2005 final in Istanbul, that game tonight was much harder to watch, especially the penalties. I couldnt sit down, I was out taking the washing in off the line for the last 5 minutes. Its gonna take me a couple of hours to calm down and get to sleep, but it was worth every single minute of it.

I feel like I had a dozen red bulls, poor fratic at moment, phone flat out as well!!

Jaysus, you go through the ringer with this club.....but you couldn't beat it with a big stick!!!

magpie seanie

BTW the 9/4 that I took on Liverpool going through was sweet. Thanks PP.