The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

I have to say the young lad taking what seems like an enternity to dance a jig around Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa and Kuyt before curling it in was great to watch and all except Kuyt stood like hypnotised tree-trunks! 

J70

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 04, 2009, 11:10:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 04, 2009, 11:08:00 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 04, 2009, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 04, 2009, 10:57:30 PM
Honestly couldn't give a f**k about being out of the FA cup.

Happy with a loss then J70 in the merseyside derby are we?? ::)

Not happy, just indifferent. All that matters is the league.

And what if the league falls through and then the Champions League??  Another year without a trophy and the same boys will be moaning at the end of the season.  Its like a business, its better to have a large customer pool as opposed to a small one, ie stay in as many competitions as possible, increasing your chances of success.  Thats my view anyway

It would just be papering over the cracks. Personally I would take little satisfaction in an FA cup win if they finish well adrift of the league winners again. Most premier league teams could win the FA cup, given a favourable draw. The league is the only meaningful test and the benchmark that Liverpool under Benitez have yet to show they're anywhere near capable of reaching.

peterquaife

And what if the league falls through and then the Champions League??  Another year without a trophy and the same boys will be moaning at the end of the season.  Its like a business, its better to have a large customer pool as opposed to a small one, ie stay in as many competitions as possible, increasing your chances of success.  Thats my view anyway

with the exception of the league cup I agree. The effort Alonso put in to win tonight shows how much beating Everton and staying in the cup meant to him. Fantastic player with bucketfuls of character.

Mountain of pressure on Torres for the remainder of the league campaign and the CL. Signing Keane from Spurs to take some of the responsibilty off the young Spaniards shoulders would be an idea if the transfer window wasnt shut

PQ

Armamike

Strangely i don't feel anything after getting knocked out of the cup there.  A league defeat would feel much worse. Everton deserved it clearly, so good luck to them. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Have to say although disappointed by tonights result, the Cahill (****) goal at Anfield hurt me a hell of a lot more than tonight.

Don't get me wrong it would be great to be still in it but a free wkd here and there could help us.

Plus Lucas is suspended...happy days.

Am I the only one in thinking that little south african fecker should have been off?

Hound

Yeah pretty much everything went Everton's way on the night, they got the goal so deserved the win. I was far more disappointed when Cahill scored in the league.

Lucas - 1 match ban for 2 yellows, 9 match ban for gross stupidity
Proved again that even when he plays alright, he's a liability.

There's no way Gerrard will be 100% fit come Saturday and I doubt very much he'll risk him so, especially as if he doesnt play he likely won't have to go on international duty. Rooney is back fit and training but I wouldnt be surprised if he has a "recurrance" before the weekend to avoid playing for England.

Massive game on Saturday now, important for the likes of Kuyt and Yossi to really step up to the plate with Gerrard out.

full back

To be fair a lot of the posters here dont seem to mind being out out of the cup by their neighbours ;)

What would be a lot more worrying from a scouse point of view would be the Torres/Gerrard situation.
The scousers cant afford to be without Stevie G for any games. Torres didnt look fit (perhaps after the clash in the first half) & he looked totally dis-interested when Gerrard went off.
Keane would have been a decent replacement for Gerrard, but then he doesnt suit Liverpool's style of play..

In Rafa we trust.........................

girt_giggler

How awful was Dossenna last night, particular in his attacking play.  Any of his crosses staying in field would have been a success.

As others have said, more worried about the Gerrard/Torres situation than the actual result.  Was a scrappy game but Liverpool were just beginning to build a little momentum before Lucas was sent off.  Stupid foul to give away knowing you are already on a yellow. 

Thought Skertel in particular & Carragher were excellent, as was Jagielka (spelling).

Still baffled by the sock throwing, but it's sure to bring about an FA charge.

Anyway........the show must go on.

Norf Tyrone

Only popping in as you are sensitive souls on here. Agree with DD12. I hate hearing people state that the FA Cup is not important. Maybe it's just that I grew up unaccustomed (As a Chelsea fan) to the success that Mancs and Scousers had, that I am not as spoilt in the glories achieved elsewhere. I got fecking annoyed when Chelsea dropped points in the last game or two of the season after they'd captured the league a few years back.
To me EVERY game is important, and although there is some pecking order of trophies, I WANT to win every single one of them especially as we have gone a season without silverware already.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Joxer

Its great being a United fan watching the pool play with a half fit striker up front and have nobody to replace him.  As someone said Rafa is papering over the cracks big time!  I would say he greatly regrets coming out slabbering now!

Abble

Quote from: full back on February 05, 2009, 08:26:32 AM
To be fair a lot of the posters here dont seem to mind being out out of the cup by their neighbours ;)

What would be a lot more worrying from a scouse point of view would be the Torres/Gerrard situation.
The scousers cant afford to be without Stevie G for any games. Torres didnt look fit (perhaps after the clash in the first half) & he looked totally dis-interested when Gerrard went off.
Keane would have been a decent replacement for Gerrard, but then he doesnt suit Liverpool's style of play..

In Rafa we trust.........................

at the end of the day it doesn't matter who has put us out of the cup, we are out, that is that. it was always going to be a game where the hungrier team wanted it more. the whole game was nothing to write home about, but it was enjoyable just to watch 2 teams going at it for whole game plus extra time, with everyone sitting on the edge of their seats waiting on penalties, of which I was convinced it would go to after lucas getting sent off, it didnt come to that unfortunately, but I certainly wont be losing any sleep over it.

what i quite enjoyed listening to was the match commentary on itv1. theres no doubt about it but ALL press/media are on liverpools backs. when gerrard went off, minutes later it was "torres looks to be hobbling" , "wheres does this leave liverpool if torres has to go off?" lol....this is all we are hearing now since keane has gone.....they were still going on with the torres/gerrard stuff up until the 25th minute in extra time!
( i would have no doubt he maybe got a bit disinterested when gerrard had to go, this after all is torres' main supply line - he took a few knocks and limped for a few seconds after them alright, but he lasted whole game which was v pleasing, cobwebs well and truly dusted off now i'd think)

out of all the top 5 or 6 clubs in the premiership, liverpool are being absolutely slaughtered by the press......i know how certain teams have reacted before to constant negativity in the press and 9 times out of 10 you see a backlash from that team. i only hope liverpool aren't in the 1 out of 10 category

Lecale2

Why were the supporters throwing socks on to the pitch? Very strange behaviour.

full back

Jaysus Abble, dont start all this press sh1te........

2 things:
Rafa has brought ALL this on himself with his rants & raves. The journalists/commentators know they will get a rise out of him.No-one else to blame

It says a lot when fans are complaining about press/media being on the scousers backs. I would be more concerned about how my team are playing & couldnt give a flying fcuk what anyone else thinks. I certainly wouldnt be complaining about it after getting knocked out of the cup

Goats Do Shave

Quote( i would have no doubt he maybe got a bit disinterested when gerrard had to go, this after all is torres' main supply line - he took a few knocks and limped for a few seconds after them alright, but he lasted whole game which was v pleasing, cobwebs well and truly dusted off now i'd think)

He was disinterested as he was having a stinker! Djimi Traore would have better control than Torres last night! He was lying Ronaldoesque a lot last night also...

I thought Arteta was superb again last night, great little player to watch.

Hound

According to Newstalk this morning, ITV missed the goal. Is that true?