The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2009, 01:11:29 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Happy not to lose but we should really have won that game,A extra game is not want was needed at this stage of the season.
Stevie G was brilliant today,I can't fathom why Keane wasn't even in the squad,I don't think it has anything to do with resting him ahead of the match mid week either.
Great bit of skill for the goal by Torres even if he was quite overall in the game,I thought Dossena had a good game today btw

This seems to be Liverpool's moto at present :D

Unfortunately so. Of course United had a similar sort of run in the first part of the season when they were dropping points.

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on January 26, 2009, 01:03:54 PM
Has he been stubborn though?

Bar the dropping after he scored the double, has he not deserved to come off in the MAJORITY of the matches he has been. He hasn't exactly been brilliant to be fair.

Rafa's interview would suggest that it may be a bit of scare-mongering and that Keane may still be part of the plans.
Taking him off first so often only damages his confidence. And he hasnt been the worst man all the time.

Not using Robbie as a subsitutue against the likes of Hull and Stoke was very strange. It is beyond my comprehension how he could do that when we really needed a goal. Its awful to think that the reason might be stubbornness, i.e. I decided not to play Robbie, and I don't want to be proved wrong by him coming on and scoring a goal. That surely can't be the reason, but there no logical reason

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2009, 01:11:29 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Happy not to lose but we should really have won that game,A extra game is not want was needed at this stage of the season.
Stevie G was brilliant today,I can't fathom why Keane wasn't even in the squad,I don't think it has anything to do with resting him ahead of the match mid week either.
Great bit of skill for the goal by Torres even if he was quite overall in the game,I thought Dossena had a good game today btw

This seems to be Liverpool's moto at present :D

Always is....So boring...always only play 1 striker even when playing at home....And before anyone starts Dirk Kuyt is not a striker!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: corn02 on January 26, 2009, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 26, 2009, 12:53:38 PM
So your saying from the above figures Kuyt is a better player :D

No I said he has been better this season, do you disagree with that?

Kuyt started the season in decent form compared to last season but it has been dropping at an alarming rate recently.  My main problem is that in games were we have to be more attack minded he offers nothing to us on the wing. Keane imo has just as much energy and workmanship as Kuyt yet we have never seen him thrown out wide were his speed and trickery could cause more problems than Kuyt.  Why does Babel not get a chance on the right? seeing he is mostly right footed i would prefer to see him on that side.
Really hope Keane hasnt walked out, my comment yesterday may have been more out of frustration. Would be bad for both player and club if he did.  What odds is he to score first Wednesday?

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 26, 2009, 01:18:42 PM

Kuyt started the season in decent form compared to last season but it has been dropping at an alarming rate recently.  My main problem is that in games were we have to be more attack minded he offers nothing to us on the wing. Keane imo has just as much energy and workmanship as Kuyt yet we have never seen him thrown out wide were his speed and trickery could cause more problems than Kuyt. Why does Babel not get a chance on the right? seeing he is mostly right footed i would prefer to see him on that side.
Really hope Keane hasnt walked out, my comment yesterday may have been more out of frustration. Would be bad for both player and club if he did.  What odds is he to score first Wednesday?

I would play El Zahar before Babel, at least he seems willing to take the man on, Babel neither has appetite nor desire. I think he is a lost cause, wasnt a great sign from him that he was willing to throw in the towel and go to Ajax.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

Kuyt started the season in decent form compared to last season but it has been dropping at an alarming rate recently.  My main problem is that in games were we have to be more attack minded he offers nothing to us on the wing. Keane imo has just as much energy and workmanship as Kuyt yet we have never seen him thrown out wide were his speed and trickery could cause more problems than Kuyt.  Why does Babel not get a chance on the right? seeing he is mostly right footed i would prefer to see him on that side.
Agree with that.

Babel would be so much better on the right than he is on the left. Tell him to get to the endline and get crosses in. On the left all he does is cut inside almost every time. Very frustrating having Kuyt on the right. Typical example early v Everton. He was putting a cross in from about 30 yards out from the endline, over on the wing, aiming for around the peno spot I'd say. He clears the crossbar  ???

corn02

Kuyt has dropped his levels, but not alarmingly. The goals have dried up at present but he has still been grand. There is no question he has been better than Keane when you take the season as a whole.

Which brings me to another point, I hate people judging Keane on half a season. For how shit he has been he still has five goals. If thingsd rectify he could easily hit 8 or 9 in the run in, even in a secondaryt role. 14 league goals would be a decent retunrn.

Watcher Pat, boring it may be, but 4-4-1-1 is our best formation. The balance of the team is spot on with it.

peterquaife

Bar the dropping after he scored the double, has he not deserved to come off in the MAJORITY of the matches he has been. He hasn't exactly been brilliant to be fair.

Rafa's interview would suggest that it may be a bit of scare-mongering and that Keane may still be part of the plans.

Of course he has been stubborn. Makes much more sense as to why he has been stubborn if there is any thruth in that it was Parry who signed Keane and not Rafa. Stubborn like he was / is (Cahill's headers) with the zonal defence, squad rotation etc....

Keane hasnt deserved to come off anymore than another half dozen players. Why not have him on the bench last night and bring him on for a well below Freddie Towers after he ran out of derv? These fu$king decisions need to be made on a professional rather than personal level.

At present, I'd much rather have Stephen Kenny managing Liverpool...fact

PQ

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Hound on January 26, 2009, 01:23:20 PM
Agree with that.

Babel would be so much better on the right than he is on the left. Tell him to get to the endline and get crosses in. On the left all he does is cut inside almost every time. Very frustrating having Kuyt on the right. Typical example early v Everton. He was putting a cross in from about 30 yards out from the endline, over on the wing, aiming for around the peno spot I'd say. He clears the crossbar  ???

:D Funny thats the one that stands out for me yesterday, there was some nice language used after that one!

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on January 26, 2009, 01:24:22 PM

PQ

You might have been able to argue until you said that. Jesus wept.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2009, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 08:03:45 PMKeane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out.

If he did something on the pitch - then he deserves a shot, but he hasn't - he's been shocking all year - bar 1 or 2 games

Talking about getting shot, was there a sniper in Anfield yesterday. Just was amused how easily and how often  your man  Mascherrano went down compared to his compratriot at Old trafford

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on January 26, 2009, 01:27:49 PM

PQ

you tell me why then Kenny could not do a job with the resources Rafa has? A highly intelligent young manager who knows the game inside?

PQ

Minder

Quote from: gorm agus bui on January 26, 2009, 01:31:16 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2009, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 08:03:45 PMKeane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out.

If he did something on the pitch - then he deserves a shot, but he hasn't - he's been shocking all year - bar 1 or 2 games

Talking about getting shot, was there a sniper in Anfield yesterday. Just was amused how easily and how often  your man  Mascherrano went down compared to his compratriot at Old trafford

So were you amused, upset, curious or otherwise ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: peterquaife on January 26, 2009, 01:33:40 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 26, 2009, 01:27:49 PM

PQ

you tell me why then Kenny could not do a job with the resources Rafa has? A highly intelligent young manager who knows the game inside?

PQ
Peter, you need to go and lie down in a darkened room until this wears off. Come back on when you are feeling a bit better.

anportmorforjfc