The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: ONeill on January 20, 2009, 11:48:48 PM
It's like saying I don't eat chips. I eat chips and eel.

Liverpool zonal mark. It's a massive part of their defensive set-up.

Yes that is why I say they use a mixture, so I still don;t understand the snigger?

Chrisowc

Quote from: Hound on January 21, 2009, 08:44:05 AM
10 consecutive games without a goal for Kuyt. 6 as striker, 4 as right midfielder.

According to BBC's rumour page Italian media saying that Juve are in for the Diggler this summer.  £10m.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

corn02

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 21, 2009, 11:28:07 AM
Quote from: Hound on January 21, 2009, 08:44:05 AM
10 consecutive games without a goal for Kuyt. 6 as striker, 4 as right midfielder.

According to BBC's rumour page Italian media saying that Juve are in for the Diggler this summer.  £10m.

No chance.

corn02

GBB
I would be more worried about Keane to be honest right now. He barely touched the ball last night. Was completely anonymous and he's getting slaughtered on the forums today because of it. Granted the service wasn't great to the front two but Torres still had a good game bar the miss in the first half. I know Keane is in and out of the team but when he gets a chance to play he has to take it and last night he was nowhere to be seen.

Kuyt didn't have a good game but in true Dirk style still worked hard and put himself about. After a good start to the season though he's been pretty poor the last month or so. A decent squad player but that would be it in an ideal world.

In hindsight we would probably have been better served keeping Crouch and spending the money we spent on Keane on a proper right winger.

Really? If you have been following the Benitez contract saga, you would see the stumbling block is Rafa having autonomy over transfers, something which he does not have at the minute. So how can he be to blame?
[/quote]

he's spent over 30m on wing men (40m if you include kuyt), and we still dont have a decent right sided midfielder. Now i do think Rick Parry is a terrible chief exec espec when it comes to transfer dealings, but surely Rafa must shoulder some of the blame for the right sided problem. He mightnt have autonomy when it comes to transfers, but surely he has a significant input!!

by the way, i would be in the pro Rafa camp, but I am just pointing out some of the mistakes I think he's made.
[/quote]

Don't disagree with either. Certainly an attacking full back could take advantage of the space Kuyt creates. And, as I said, I would rather have Ypissi or Babel starting at home to Stoke etc.

AZOffaly

QuoteCertainly an attacking full back could take advantage of the space Kuyt creates.

Again with that?? :D

corn02

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 21, 2009, 01:50:14 PM
QuoteCertainly an attacking full back could take advantage of the space Kuyt creates.

Again with that?? :D

quoted wrong Stevo-08 post again. Opps.

Ah yes, AZ that old argument. We'll not get back at it.  :P

Final Whistle

corn02

anportmorforjfc

Big game for uses again on sunday. cant lose or it looks like another season with no trophies. I expect Madrid to win easy. Everyone knew yous would drop points in the league but not this soon after christmas. Rafa out at the end of the season.

Chrisowc

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 21, 2009, 04:58:00 PM
Big game for uses again on sunday. cant lose or it looks like another season with no trophies. I expect Madrid to win easy. Everyone knew yous would drop points in the league but not this soon after christmas. Rafa out at the end of the season.

Another Tumbleweed.....
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

EC Unique

There will be plenty of tumbleweeds about this thread for the rest of this season I think...

AZOffaly

QuoteThere will be plenty of tumbleweeds about this thread for the rest of this season I think...

That's one thing that won't happen anyway. Win lose or draw there's always a pile of posts on this thread, and if Rafa implodes, it could reach critical mass on here :D

Minder

Was in Paris for a few days there at Disneyland so didnt see any of the match. My mate was textin me updates, when it stayed 1-0 without any further correspondence from him i got a bad feeling, but the hammer blow came from another mate, a Rangers/Glentoran supporting Liverpool hating bollocks text me saying how good a player Tim Cahill was. I worked the rest out myself, it was fuckin gutting but not totally unexpected. As AZ said earlier we are going to be sitting in May/June after finishing 2nd or 3rd saying "If, if, if". We have had our chances over the last 6 weeks to get 5-8 points clear and didnt take it. We will not get those chances again.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

full back

Are you sure it was Disneyland & not Lourdes you went to minder?
Changed man