The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Laoislad, is Arbeloa winning you around yet?

I wouldn't say winning me around,Though he certainly is improving..
I still think we need a new left and right back if we are to mount a serious title bid after christmas.
If Arbeloa gets injured there is no one to replace him,also if Aurelio gets injured all they have is Dossena..
It was a huge mistake to let Finnan go,even if he was only going to be used as cover this season he should have been kept
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 01, 2008, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Laoislad, is Arbeloa winning you around yet?

I wouldn't say winning me around,Though he certainly is improving..
I still think we need a new left and right back if we are to mount a serious title bid after christmas.
If Arbeloa gets injured there is no one to replace him,also if Aurelio gets injured all they have is Dossena..
It was a huge mistake to let Finnan go,even if he was only going to be used as cover this season he should have been kept

Yeah can't disagree with any of that. Wasn't having a pop or anything it is just that he has certainly steadied himself. I have been impressed with him this season, the quiet player who gets on with the job. of course having Carragher there would make most look excellent, but good to see our first-choice full-backs heading in the right direction.

Minder

Its time for a few players to satrt showing their worth, expecting a big game from Keane tonight. If Babel starts he has to start delivering, he cant always have the "impact sub" tag. I would give Mascherano a rest as he looks knackered, play Babel on the right and Keane and Kuyt up front.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nifan

Id go with that alright Minder.
Id like to give Insua a go at left back ahead of Dossena, but I doubt Rafa will go for that,

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nifan on December 01, 2008, 01:49:05 PM
Id go with that alright Minder.
Id like to give Insua a go at left back ahead of Dossena, but I doubt Rafa will go for that,

Said same thing myself a few weeks back..
I would like to see Babel get a role up front with Keane tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Aye well you could swap Babel and Kuyt, as long as Benny Hill isnt playing i will be happy enough.

gawa316

Would love to see Babel on the right but has Rafa ever played him there? (not from the start anyway)

I'd played Insua at left back, Dossena in his recent games (infact 90% of games) looks the biggest liability ever. Never tracks his man into the box, heads it across goal, makes the rest of the defence look dodgey etc etc.

Hope to god we can score in the 1st half tonight because the longer these games go on we get very nervous and are a threat to our title challenge

Minus15

Rafa definitely won't start with Insua. He hasn't really shown a great deal as yet for me to say he would be any better than dossena. And you don't spend 7million on a left back to not play him. Rafa has acknowledged that he has had a rocky start but he's giving him the chance to gain some confidence in a new position and a new league. I can't say I have much faith in Dossena yet but I don't mind Rafa giving him a chance to change my mind and i really hope i do. Aurelio wasn't great when he signed but look at him now. He's a class act at times, pity about the injuries. And its not just a case of appreciating him more due to how bad Dossena's been!

My team for tonight. (what i think Rafa could do)

Reina
Arbeloa
Carragher
Agger
Dossena
Benayoun
Gerrard
Alonso
Riera
Keane
Kuyt

corn02

Quote from: Minus15 on December 01, 2008, 05:46:41 PM
Rafa definitely won't start with Insua. He hasn't really shown a great deal as yet for me to say he would be any better than dossena. And you don't spend 7million on a left back to not play him. Rafa has acknowledged that he has had a rocky start but he's giving him the chance to gain some confidence in a new position and a new league. I can't say I have much faith in Dossena yet but I don't mind Rafa giving him a chance to change my mind and i really hope i do. Aurelio wasn't great when he signed but look at him now. He's a class act at times, pity about the injuries. And its not just a case of appreciating him more due to how bad Dossena's been!

My team for tonight. (what i think Rafa could do)

Reina
Arbeloa
Carragher
Agger
Dossena
Benayoun
Gerrard
Alonso
Riera
Keane
Kuyt

Totally agree, Insua has looked sloppy in the bit of Premeirship football he has played. Also, when did we become such a club of c***ts that we are demanding a player be shipped out less than six months after he signed? I remember one Patrice Evra having a brutal start to his seaosn, but he wasn't sent packing to his 20 brothers and sisters and is now one of the best around. Obviously I am not going to say Dossena is going to flourish but, for those at Anfield at least, get behind him nd Lucas instead of knocking their confidence.

corn02

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Carragher, Hyypia, Alonso, Gerrard, Benayoun, Riera, Keane, Kuyt. Subs: Cavalieri, Insua, Agger, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Ngog.

Interesting.

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 07:11:57 PM
The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Carragher, Hyypia, Alonso, Gerrard, Benayoun, Riera, Keane, Kuyt. Subs: Cavalieri, Insua, Agger, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Ngog.

Interesting.

Strange to start hyypia and drop agger, especially with bellamy starting upfront for the hammers. of all our centre backs, agger seems to have a bit of pace and more suitable for marking bellamy.

corn02

Quote from: stevo-08 on December 01, 2008, 07:53:10 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 07:11:57 PM

Interesting.

Strange to start hyypia and drop agger, especially with bellamy starting upfront for the hammers. of all our centre backs, agger seems to have a bit of pace and more suitable for marking bellamy.

Exactly what I was thinking, but Sami rarely lets us down. I said rarely so not jinxing him.

Fun Bobby

anyone have a good links, justintv not working properly :'(

Minder

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009