The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

they are fakes - very high quailty fakes, but fakes nonetheless

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 20, 2008, 12:16:44 AM
they are fakes - very high quailty fakes, but fakes nonetheless

Jeez didn't know that. It's feckin hard to tell the difference then. i checked it with my brothers (real) top with it and they're exactly the same

Hank Everlast

i was thinkn about orderin one for xmas(off thefootballshirt.com), do they take long delivering?

Hank Everlast

Yossi hints at Anfield departure
Out-of-favour Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun has stated that he is prepared to leave Anfield in order to find regular first-team football.
Benayoun has had a frustrating time this season and has had to make do with a place on the bench, starting just two of the last 10 games.

The Israeli signed from West Ham in the summer of 2007 and recorded an impressive 11 goals and 10 assists in his first season at the club.

The midfielder is currently away on international duty, where he is preparing to face the Ivory Coast, but he admits he has thought about a move away from Anfield.

He told The Sun: "The fact that I'm not involved and always come on as a sub tells you something. Even if it's Liverpool, if I don't get to play in the next few months I will not want to be here.

"I enjoy my time in England but maybe it is time to learn a new language, maybe Italian, French or Russian.

"When I came here it wasn't so I could tell everyone, 'Hey I play for Liverpool'.

"My purpose was to prove myself, and in the first year I think I did. I understand that I am at one of the biggest clubs in the world and that this year there are better players."

One of Benayoun's rare starts came in the 2-1 win over rivals Manchester United at Anfield but the 28-year-old found himself back on the bench for the following game.

"After our win over Manchester United I lost my place. Everyone wants to play and it is no fun sitting on the bench or playing just a few minutes.

"I'm part of the rotation but I hope in the next few months it will change."

Minder

I would play Benayoun more often.......If he was any good.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stiffler

I see Torres got on the scoresheet for spain last night in their 3 nil win over chile. The run out will have done him no harm at all.

Also, there were 5 Liverpool players on the spanish team at 1 stage of the game!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stiffler

Quote from: Hank Everlast on November 20, 2008, 09:04:16 AM
Out-of-favour Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun has stated that he is prepared to leave Anfield in order to find regular first-team football.
Benayoun has had a frustrating time this season and has had to make do with a place on the bench, starting just two of the last 10 games.

The Israeli signed from West Ham in the summer of 2007 and recorded an impressive 11 goals and 10 assists in his first season at the club.

The midfielder is currently away on international duty, where he is preparing to face the Ivory Coast, but he admits he has thought about a move away from Anfield.

He told The Sun: "The fact that I'm not involved and always come on as a sub tells you something. Even if it's Liverpool, if I don't get to play in the next few months I will not want to be here.

"I enjoy my time in England but maybe it is time to learn a new language, maybe Italian, French or Russian.

"When I came here it wasn't so I could tell everyone, 'Hey I play for Liverpool'.

"My purpose was to prove myself, and in the first year I think I did. I understand that I am at one of the biggest clubs in the world and that this year there are better players."

One of Benayoun's rare starts came in the 2-1 win over rivals Manchester United at Anfield but the 28-year-old found himself back on the bench for the following game.

"After our win over Manchester United I lost my place. Everyone wants to play and it is no fun sitting on the bench or playing just a few minutes.

I doubt any liverpool player would give an interview to the scum.

brokencrossbar1

Sounds a bit like Crouch last year. Fcuk him away back to the Hammers, as Minder says he would play more if he was any good >:(

stevo-08

Quote from: stiffler on November 20, 2008, 09:18:50 AM
I see Torres got on the scoresheet for spain last night in their 3 nil win over chile. The run out will have done him no harm at all.

Also, there were 5 Liverpool players on the spanish team at 1 stage of the game!!

Yep, just glad no injuries were picked up. now hopefully we'll see a much sharper torres on saturday. with gerrard probably a non-starter, it's a chance to play 4-4-2 with keane & torres leading the attack. I think robbie will always struggle when playing upfront on his own - would like to see himself & torres get a chance to form a decent partnership.

Unfortunately the problem for robbie is that Rafa will always prefer to play gerrard in a supporting striker role with Alonso & Masch holding the middle. However, there should be some games particularly at home, when Rafa should try a more attacking 4-4-2 formation - resting Mascherano and dropping gerrard into midfield with Alonso.

corn02

Quote from: stiffler on November 20, 2008, 09:27:26 AM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on November 20, 2008, 09:04:16 AM

I doubt any liverpool player would give an interview to the scum.

Eh pretty sure it was to Israeli TV, not the Sun. Unless he did do another interview, in which case, stupid boy.

It is not that he is shite. He has the tools, his footballing brain  is just a notch below big-four standard. If he learned to release the ball a split second earlier he would be a much better player. Goal tally was double figures last season. A good player, but, for Liverpool and their ambitions, should be at the far end of the squad player scale.

P.S Kuyt also scored last night.

brokencrossbar1

corn, if I am not mistaken but the most of those goals were in the game against Besiktas and the non league team in the FA Cup.  He has to take 3 touches every time he palys the ball and slows the whole game up.  Road him is what I say, get £5m back and call it quits.  Get money for Pennant, promote El Zhar to the first team squad proper and use the money raised to buy a decent full back.

Minder

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 20, 2008, 10:55:54 AM
corn, if I am not mistaken but the most of those goals were in the game against Besiktas and the non league team in the FA Cup.  He has to take 3 touches every time he palys the ball and slows the whole game up.  Road him is what I say, get £5m back and call it quits.  Get money for Pennant, promote El Zhar to the first team squad proper and use the money raised to buy a decent full back.

Agreed, was reading an anecdote about Pennant on YNWA forum, when he was in "digs" at Arsenal he was running up a huge phonebill and treating the place like a hotel, the landlady pulled him about it and he pulled out a wad of notes that would have choked a donkey, starting peeling off twenties and throwing them on the floor beside the landlady.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 20, 2008, 10:55:54 AM

I don't want to be misintepreted, I agree and if we were offered five million I would bite the offerers' hand off. What I am saying is that there is some talent there, but it falls below Liverpool standard. Goals are goals, but I take your point.

If we got 7million comined for Yossi and Pennant (anyone see him with the whiskey this week?), we would be doing good business.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on November 20, 2008, 11:23:26 AM
If we got 7million comined for Yossi and Pennant (anyone see him with the whiskey this week?), we would be doing good business.

Would that be this?

Waster >:(

stiffler