Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

J70

Quote from: Stalin on October 19, 2008, 10:32:28 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ySLAipswRgQ

soccer at its finest  :D

watch til end  :D :D

Talk about degrading... You can hardly watch the game with the NY Giants markings - I don't how they can play it!

I think the Red Bulls are moving to their own more modest, but suitable, ground next season.

Juan Pablo Angel has certainly come down in the world!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on October 19, 2008, 10:46:59 PMTalk about degrading... You can hardly watch the game with the NY Giants markings - I don't how they can play it!

I think the Red Bulls are moving to their own more modest, but suitable, ground next season.

Juan Pablo Angel has certainly come down in the world!

I know - it hurts my eyes watching that.

The Red Bulls have a nice little stadium under construction in New Jersey somewhere - a more modest 25,000 seat place

full back

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has confirmed he is checking on Wigan star Ami Zaki, after the African hit-man scored a memorable double at Anfield on Saturday.

The Egyptian striker has taken the Premier League by storm this season with seven goals in his first eight game making him top scorer in England's top-flight.

He highlighted his form with a brilliant brace at Liverpool, which included a stunning volley at the Kop end.

Wigan signed the forward on loan from El Zamalek in his homeland and they always stated that they had secured first refusal on him.

No deal
However, in recent days, Zamalek have insisted that they will sell the player to which ever club they want, and Manchester City are already thought to have made contact via their new Abu Dhabi-based owners.

"We will have the right to sell Zaki to any club," Zamalek president Mamdouh Abbas stated.

But Benitez, who looks set to be in the market for a new front-man come January, has intriguingly admitted that he will also be taking a close look at Zaki after his outstanding display against the Spaniard's side on Saturday.

"Everybody will be checking his situation now," Benitez admitted in The Times.

Bet Wigan arent too happy about this
If the scousers were to get Zaki, would Keane be Liverpool's most expensive sub ever?

AZOffaly

I think this is paper talk, and a red herring. Benitez's quote, after being asked would he buy Zaki, was 'I'm sure everybody will be checking his situation now, but we are not unhappy with Torres'.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

How come this DIC capital of whatever they are called were very interested in Liverpool 6 months ago and now have no interest when approached?    Have they found something out?

gawa316

Javier Mascherano returns to Liverpool's starting line-up for tonight's Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid.
The diminutive midfielder comes into the side after missing Saturday's 3-2 win over Wigan and is one of the two changes made by boss Rafael Benitez.

Yossi Benayoun also returns to the starting line-up with Jermaine Pennant and Dirk Kuyt dropping to the bench. :o :o :o

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Carragher, Agger, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Riera, Benayoun, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Lucas, Babel, Darby, Pennant, Kuyt, Aurelio.

lurganblue

feck, sloth was near making my dream team this week too! sure you only need him for the last ten anyway  ::)

The Real Laoislad

Diego Forlan playing for Madrid..Just as well Dudek isn't in goals for us anymore  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Yes I Would

Another c**k up by a linesman.
Should have been 1 each.

mackers

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 22, 2008, 09:00:25 PM
Another c**k up by a linesman.
Should have been 1 each.
Absolutely........but we've dodged a couple of bullets ourselves thanks to the other linesman.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

The Real Laoislad

Going have to defend better than they are tonight against Chelsea on sunday
You'll Never Walk Alone.