The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Uladh on September 11, 2008, 12:01:08 PM
Soccer players should mostly be banned from publishing autographies. full stop.

if you disgree, take a gander at ashley cole, gerarrd or one of michael owen's autobiographies

Its about the only bit of sense that has come out of Joey Bartons mouth, " i played s*it heres my book" rant when Gerrard, Rooney Lampard et al released books around Euro 04.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stevo-08

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2008, 11:43:53 AM
Well you can add 99% of Liverpool supporters to that so. I remember coming on here criticising Liverpool supporters for not being out protesting against the takeover by these men and wasn't giving much of a hearing. At least there was significant opposition to the Glazers taking over United right from the off.

I think most Liverpool fans knew that the main reason the yanks wanted control was to make a tidy profit. They're businessmen after all. But also, most Liverpool supporters knew that we were going nowhere under Moores & Parry and would never compete in the PL. A takeover was needed if we were ever going to get near man utd or chelsea - thats why there was little protest when the club was being sold. Unfortunately for the club, as Bingobus pointed out, Moores sold it to the highest bidder instead of DIC. But I suppose everyone has 20-20 vision in hindsight...

magpie seanie

Unconvinced that DIC would be a lot better. They are businessmen too. They're not like the buck who took over Man City.

Norf Tyrone

Thought the papers were harsh today on Gerard, claiming that England looked a better side with him not in it, and that it allowed Lampard and Barry to run the show. Some even questioning his international future!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2008, 12:19:17 PM
Unconvinced that DIC would be a lot better. They are businessmen too. They're not like the buck who took over Man City.

Bingo. You talk about 99% faloing for the Yanks, I admit to being one. People don't seem to havce learned their lesson and think DIC are just taking it over for the love of the club.

ULADH- I enjoyed Keanes book. Gerrards was a borefest. Fowlers still remains the best I have read from a footballer.

Uladh

Keane's book was fine but i felt he was holding back quite a bit and was largely diappointed for that reason.

corn02

Ture. Would have been a nicer read a few years from now with the whole management angle as well.

Over the Bar

QuoteThought the papers were harsh today on Gerard, claiming that England looked a better side with him not in it, and that it allowed Lampard and Barry to run the show. Some even questioning his international future!

Hardly surprising.  England have been sh*te for years so they need a scape-goat to blame past failures on when it all goes right!   Can't really blame Paul Scholes for telling them to shove their England cap where the sun don't shine.

Uladh

J70

Hopefully they won't risk him unless he's 100%. Same with Torres.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 11, 2008, 01:33:02 PM
QuoteThought the papers were harsh today on Gerard, claiming that England looked a better side with him not in it, and that it allowed Lampard and Barry to run the show. Some even questioning his international future!

Hardly surprising.  England have been sh*te for years so they need a scape-goat to blame past failures on when it all goes right!   Can't really blame Paul Scholes for telling them to shove their England cap where the sun don't shine.

Obvioulsy my sarcasm has been lost!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

A blind man could see that Gerrard and Lampard are just incompatible in midfield together. It's as obvious as hell. Looks like from now on that Gerrard and Lampard will be battling for that second midfielder slot, and rightly so.

Uladh

I'd say it will also be a three way battle betwen barry, hargreaves and carrick for the DM spot too. Hargreaves will probably be first choice when fit.