The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: new devil on July 29, 2008, 10:18:37 PM
Yous are still buying 2nd string players and thinking yous will win the league  :D :D

yous?

Hound

Quote from: stevo-08 on July 29, 2008, 04:39:39 PM

Seems rafa wants keane to play on the right.... A 4-2-3-1 formation ??? ??? The 3 being - babel, gerard, keane perhaps!!!! Or maybe Rafa's thinking about Barry-Gerrard-Keane if he can finally get his man...

I believe the 4-2-3-1 formation is the one Rafa favours and will use most often. Keane can play in any of the front 4 positions. The "3" would be any from Gerrard, Keane, Babel, Kuyt, Benayoun. Mascherano and Alonso/Barry/Lucas being the "2".  Though with Mascherano, Lucas and Babel all missing, the starting formation/team vs Sunderland in 17 days is anyone's guess, but I think he'll go 4-4-2 with a midfield of Kuyt-Alonso/Barry-Gerrard-Aurelio.

new devil

sorry forgot a couple of these ''...... point still stands  ;)

Mentalman

Picked this up off the Tim Vickery column on the BBC website (always well worth a read each week|)

Do you rate Fabio Aurelio? And do you know why he has never been called up to the Brazilian national team (especially considering the dearth of quality left-backs available to Brazil)? I watched him play last season for Liverpool and I thought he was absolutely terrific. I feel he embodies confidence when he is on the ball and knows exactly where his passes are going plus he isn't a bad tackler and has a pretty good free-kick.
Chris Kelesoglou

I rate him very highly - I think he's probably the most complete left-back Brazil have produced over the last few years. He was one of their few success stories in the 2000 Olympics and looked set for a good international career, pushing Roberto Carlos hard before eventually replacing him.
He has been called up for the senior squad, only to have to drop out through injury. Unfortunately the injuries have been a recurring problem, otherwise I am sure he would have achieved even more than he has with Valencia and Liverpool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7528298.stm

Interesting opinion from a guy who is more often right than wrong about South American players in my experience. Liverpool obviously haven't seen the best of him yet.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

brokencrossbar1

Mental man he's hardly going to turn around and say he is a load of w**k and shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool team. 

For what it is worth he is a handy player but as Vickery says he is injury prone.  That is why he is better in CL games than in th Premier League as there is less contact and he can play ball.

bingobus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2008, 10:15:25 AM
Mental man he's hardly going to turn around and say he is a load of w**k and shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool team. 

For what it is worth he is a handy player but as Vickery says he is injury prone.  That is why he is better in CL games than in th Premier League as there is less contact and he can play ball.

You saying then that he wouldn't have lasted too long at Cross?

Mentalman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2008, 10:15:25 AM

To be fair he always gives his honest opinion when asked about players - he has no interest in courting Premier League teams or their players and isn't likely to show up as a yes man on Skysports as he makes his living in South America. When asked on his column about various players he frequently says whether they are good or not, or whether they wil make it in Europe etc.  - just look back over previous weeks. That's why I thought it was interesting he was so fulsome in his praise of Aurelio. Like yourself I think he's handy, great crosser, but can be bullied and can forget about his defending. Maybe if he gets a full preseason and avoids injuries we might see a bit more from him.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

bingobus

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 30, 2008, 11:16:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7525297.stm

Gerrards gets at least one honour this season

Last weeks news. But at least he has an education now for when his career ends  ;)  :D

Chrisowc

Benni could be on his way back to the Hammers or Man City for £6m.  It seems Rafa is still looking to clear the decks to push forward the Barry deal.

Have also read over the last few days about Pennant £4m , Arbeloa £5m  & Verronin £6m could all be leaving.  I'd be astounded if he gets £6m for Verronin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/2473327/Liverpool%27s-Yossi-Benayoun-in-line-for-West-Ham-return.html

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

AZOffaly

I think you added in an extra 'm' behind the Voronin deal Chris. I'd be surprised if LFC got £6 for the Ukranian goldilocks.

Chrisowc

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 30, 2008, 12:31:00 PM
I think you added in an extra 'm' behind the Voronin deal Chris. I'd be surprised if LFC got £6 for the Ukranian goldilocks.

;D

Chrisowc

I think there are a few German clubs interested.  But sure Saxon are popular there too!

Stalin

Benayoun said a few weeks ago -after seeking assurances from Rafa- that he didnt want to leave, I wonder has the situation changed now with Rafa looking to raise funds. Apparently Arbeloa wants to return home for personal reasons (something about a priest?), but will not be allowed to leave, at least at this stage. Wouldnt be wile surprised if he did leave though in this current climate.

Hope Voronin goes, obv would like to get a few bob for him, but for me its far more important that he just goes. Honestly dont want to see him in a Liverpool jersey ever again.

Think the Villareal match is on SS1 tonight. Pepe has been given time off I think to go and celebrate his new born with the wife.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Chrisowc

Quote from: Stalin on July 30, 2008, 12:42:47 PM
Benayoun said a few weeks ago -after seeking assurances from Rafa- that he didnt want to leave, I wonder has the situation changed now with Rafa looking to raise funds. Apparently Arbeloa wants to return home for personal reasons (something about a priest?), but will not be allowed to leave, at least at this stage. Wouldnt be wile surprised if he did leave though in this current climate.

Hope Voronin goes, obv would like to get a few bob for him, but for me its far more important that he just goes. Honestly dont want to see him in a Liverpool jersey ever again.

Think the Villareal match is on SS1 tonight. Pepe has been given time off I think to go and celebrate his new born with the wife.

The irony being that this game is part of his transfer deal.