The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Would love to know what some of the players are doing now.
For example Steve Harkness,Rob Jones,David Speedie,Titi Camara etc
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Think David Speedie is a football agent

Rob Jones runs a nursery

The Real Laoislad

Just read on the german website sport1.de that schalke 04 are interested in buying riise
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Lets not write off a player because he was free. Jesus at least reserve judgement until you see him a few times. Wasn't Hyypia less than a million?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minus15

no corn hyypia was 2.6 million but a bargain all the same! agree we must reserve judgement on the player just yet. lets hope hes as good as our last free transfer right back- Markus Babbel.

The Real Laoislad

Well whatever he is like he can't be as bad as Arbeola,And in fairness to Finnian he is getting on a bit so i wouldn't see him as a regular starter next year if he is still with us at all
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 20, 2008, 08:01:17 PM
Well whatever he is like he can't be as bad as Arbeola,And in fairness to Finnian he is getting on a bit so i wouldn't see him as a regular starter next year if he is still with us at all

the same Arbeloa that's in Spain's squad for Euro 2008?

brokencrossbar1

Good business whatever way you look at it.  He is an young international player (albeit it with Switzerland). With no fee all he costs is the wages.  If it frees money up for other players I am all for it, and lets not forget how well the last Swiss defender played for Liverpool?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 20, 2008, 08:02:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 20, 2008, 08:01:17 PM

the same Arbeloa that's in Spain's squad for Euro 2008?

Aye that would be him,Doesn't make him into a good player in my eyes though...
He hasn't played well for Liverpool,He is prone to mistakes and makes them a lot more regularly than Finnan ever did,He doesn't offer much going forward and gives the ball away more often than not,And i have never seen him deliver a good cross
I really can't understand your love affair with him but sure each to their own i suppose I'm not gonna argue with you over it
I don't rate him,you do...end of
You'll Never Walk Alone.

el_cuervo_fc

Reds close on Dossena deal
Liverpool winning race for Italian defender
By Nadia Carminati   Last updated: 21st May 2008

Udinese defender Andrea Dossena is close to agreeing a move to Liverpool, according to reports in Italy.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is on the lookout for a left-back to bolster his squad as it is expected John Arne Riise is set to leave Anfield this summer.

Tottenham are also chasing £9million-rated Dossena's signature and it is understood that the North London club had a bid rejected in the January transfer window.

However, it is rumoured that Udinese sporting director Pietro Leonardi recently flew to England to discuss a possible transfer with Liverpool.

The Reds, though, would face a battle to land 26-year-old Dossena as Serie A giants Juventus are also seeking close-season reinforcements.

Dossena, who has made one appearance for Italy, has played 63 games for Udinese since joining from Treviso in 2006 and he has scored two goals in that time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3591713,00.html

Hound

Quote from: new devil on May 20, 2008, 03:11:47 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 20, 2008, 01:28:13 PM
Favourite team:

Grobbelaar
Nicol - Hansen - Lawrenson - Beglin
Whelan - Souness - McDermott - Barnes
Dalglish - Torres

Torres!!!!!! After 1 year ::)
What's your problem?

Dalglish is my favourite Liverpool striker since I started watching them in the early 80s. And Torres is my second favourite. Ahead of Fowler, Owen, Beardsley, Aldo, Rush, Collymore etc.   

Minder

Quote from: Hound on May 21, 2008, 01:43:56 PM
Quote from: new devil on May 20, 2008, 03:11:47 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 20, 2008, 01:28:13 PM
Favourite team:

Grobbelaar
Nicol - Hansen - Lawrenson - Beglin
Whelan - Souness - McDermott - Barnes
Dalglish - Torres

Torres!!!!!! After 1 year ::)
What's your problem?

Dalglish is my favourite Liverpool striker since I started watching them in the early 80s. And Torres is my second favourite. Ahead of Fowler, Owen, Beardsley, Aldo, Rush, Collymore etc.   

How long have you got?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

I see Paul Ince's son has been called up to the academy for next season