The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Is ROTATION not the reason why Liverpool are fighting for their lifes to get 4th? Or is it just a weak squad?

GalwayBayBoy

stevo-08

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2008, 01:11:14 PM
I care to be honest. I think it's okay to rest/rotate one or 2 people every so often, but a team needs to get settled. Changing 5 or 6 lads does not breed consistency, and only undermines confidence.

Theres 'rotation' and ROTATION. Rafa doesn't do lower case.

fair point AZ. Actually in the PL, Rafa makes on average 3 changes per game. Bear in mind that we've had a few injurys this season and players were rested around CL games. and also a lot of new faces came into the side in the summer & 1 in january so it takes time for some of those players to settle. Taking all that into account, I dont think rotating 3 players per PL game is too bad. Certainly I dont subscribe to the rotation hype being thrown around in the media.

QuoteIs ROTATION not the reason why Liverpool are fighting for their lifes to get 4th? Or is it just a weak squad?

I believe its a weak squad. IF we had 2-3 more players of the Torres calibre, rotate all the f**k you want, we'd still be up there challenging for the title. Just my opinion.

stevo-08

Just a further point  - this season, Rafa has selected Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Finnan, Riise, Gerrard, Mascherano, Kuyt & Torres in his starting team on a very consistent basis in the PL (only Finnan & Riise starting fewer than 20 games).

Thats 10 players. The problem is that the likes of Hyypia (due to age), Riise, Kuyt & possibly Arbeloa just arent good enough players to be starting consistently in a winning PL team.  :(

Minder

Would be more worried about Arsenal if they were still producing their early season form, but they clearly arent. I also think people are over playing the Milan result, Milan have won something like 4 league games at the San Siro this season so it isnt the fortress of old and they are clearly a team in decline.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Uladh

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2008, 11:40:37 AM
He was playing for the reserves last week against Man United.

If he is on the comeback trail we will see him in the first team squad soon enough, if there is anything to that rumour, which I hadn't heard, then he'll stay in the reserves I'd say. That might give us a hint.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3301341,00.html

Gabriel_Hurl

I fail to see the hate towards Arbeloa on this board - it truly baffles me

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2008, 02:17:36 PM
I fail to see the hate towards Arbeloa on this board - it truly baffles me

Me too. He always looks a solid decent player to me.

Minder

Therein lies the problem, too many "solid, decent " players . . . .

corn02

Spot on Minder. Decent players won't win the League.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: corn02 on March 15, 2008, 02:47:18 PM

Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea would indicate otherwise

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2008, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: corn02 on March 15, 2008, 02:47:18 PM

Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea would indicate otherwise
they are not regulars at man united and they have more players of a higher quality that can carry them when they do get a run out

J70

Quote from: Minder on March 15, 2008, 02:44:37 PM

What do you want from a Liverpool full-back?

It is not a position I'd expect a manager to be spending 10-15 million pounds to fill.

corn02

O'Shea and Fletcher are hardly ever presents. I do not mean Arbeloa in particular, for me he is good enough. I mean wingers in particular.

Minder

Quote from: J70 on March 15, 2008, 02:53:16 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 15, 2008, 02:44:37 PM

What do you want from a Liverpool full-back?

It is not a position I'd expect a manager to be spending 10-15 million pounds to fill.
someone fast,athletic,decent going forward,something we dont have at the minute. Sagna, Eboue or glen johnson at pompey would do grand