The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Babel starting to show some form,About time too
Good performance tonight,The team should remain settled now until the end of the season..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stevo-08

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 05, 2008, 11:16:34 PM
Babel starting to show some form,About time too
Good performance tonight,The team should remain settled now until the end of the season..

in fairness for a young lad in his first season, i think he's played alright.

I think rafa will keep a settled enough team for the remainder of the season. But he'll still mix it, depending on the opposition - the likes of benny, penant, lucas, aurelio & crouch will all have parts to play. the crucial period will be at the end of the month when we have utd, everton & arsenal & maybe a CL q-final in 14days.

AZOffaly

I think Babbel has been inconsistent, but has shown flashes. I still prefer him to Kew-ill. As a young lad, he has time to develop, but he has to be given games.

I note Rafa has adopted my 4-5-1 formation BC1 :D

brokencrossbar1

More a 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-2-1.  Who really gives a fcuk if they keep playing well ;D  Great result, but lets not get over excited and cum in our trousers.  Still only 4th in the league and have a tight away fixture in the CL.  As Stevo said potentially tough games over a two week period could break the season as much as make it.

As regards Babel, I have said it from the very start and will continue to say it he will be a star!  I see him  as a serious player and when he gets a bit of consistency he will be top class.  As for El Nino, what odds on a Liverpool striker ending up topof the Premier Legaue Charts this year.  3 behind Ronaldo at the top so it may happen.  It would be something in his first season and more than we could have hoped for.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on March 05, 2008, 10:59:10 PM
Torres is the best striker in the world at the minute........

Now lets not get carried away :D :D :D :D

Liverpool seemed to have turned a corner lately. Can they maintain it? Are 2 goals enough to get them into next round of CL. It will be an exciting next few games for the scousers...

AZOffaly

QuoteGreat result, but lets not get over excited and cum in our trousers.

Lovely  :o

I don't think there is any danger of getting carried away. My overriding emotion is of frustration. The results and displays over the past two weeks are the sort of week-in week-out performances we should be seeing all the time.

Inconsistency is the most sickening thing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on March 06, 2008, 09:34:28 AM
Quote from: Minder on March 05, 2008, 10:59:10 PM
Torres is the best striker in the world at the minute........

Now lets not get carried away :D :D :D :D

Liverpool seemed to have turned a corner lately. Can they maintain it? Are 2 goals enough to get them into next round of CL. It will be an exciting next few games for the scousers...

Torres is certainly playing well at the moment, and there is a dearth of out and out strikers in world football at the moment, in the old #9 mould, like Drogba and Adabeyor.

Anyway, I hate that phrase I bolded above, remember the latter days of Houllier? We were turning so many corners we were going around in circles.

Minder

Lads the frustrating thing is how many times have we been here before? Underperforming in the middle part of the season and realistically eliminating ourselves from the title race only to make a late season surge when it does not really matter. It seems to be part of some of our players makeup. As for Torres, what makes it more impressive is (correct me if im wrong) all his goals have been from open play.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2008, 09:40:46 AM
Lads the frustrating thing is how many times have we been here before? Underperforming in the middle part of the season and realistically eliminating ourselves from the title race only to make a late season surge when it does not really matter. It seems to be part of some of our players makeup. As for Torres, what makes it more impressive is (correct me if im wrong) all his goals have been from open play.

100% Minder.

Mind you, I don't think it's in the players 'make up' as such. I think it stems from the rotation policy. One of the benefits of rotation is that players are fresh at the end of the season, and in good condition for a tilt at the CL.  The bad thing is that we don't have the players to afford ourselves that luxury, and as a result of 'resting' players or making a large amount of changes, LFC drop points and go through a bad phase.

It's another reason why I think Rafa just doesn't 'get' the Premiership fixation.

I wouldn't mind giving a lad a rest, if the other 10 were the same, or bringing lads off early if the game is won, but large amounts of changes, coupled with facing teams who have 'bedded in' to their seasons, is a recipe for stupid dropped points, frustration, lack of confidence, stop-start seasons and no title challenge.

gawa316

Uladh

In fairness to rafa (not words lightly typed), he said consistently in the early part of the season that his rotation policy is aimed at being operating on full power from this part of the season to the end. the first part of the gamble obviously was to be within striking distance of the top of the league at this point, which has failed. the second part was to get through the CL group, which has obviously come off. The pool could once again be serious CL contenders for that reason

Shrewdness

I definitely expect Liverpool to progress and 2 goals of a cushion is a very adequate .

I didn't rate Inter Milan as potential winners before the Anfield match, and i certainly don't foresee them knocking Liverpool out.

In fact, i believe the tie is perfectly set up for Liverpool to replicate Arsenal's feat and actually win on the night in the San Siro.

Inter are under pressure from the word go on this one, and are going to be tempted to push bodies forward in search of goals.

This will definitely leave gaps for the likes of Gerrard, and pacy players such as Babel and Torres, to hit on the break and finish Inter's chances.

Expect Liverpool to complete an English quartet in the Quarter Finals.

EC Unique

imtommygunn

1 champions league goal in how many games - 15 or 16?

Not best in the world material...

gawa316

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 06, 2008, 11:47:46 AM
1 champions league goal in how many games - 15 or 16?

Not best in the world material...

How do you work that one out...15 or 16 games? ???

He has actually started 5