The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt will lead the Liverpool forward line in Marseille tonight as the Reds bid to keep their European dreams for this season alive.
Harry Kewell also starts on the left side of midfield while Yossi Benayoun is recalled down the right.

The team in full for the clash in the Stade Velodrome is:

----------------------Reina--------------------

----Arbeloa-----Carragher-----Hyypia-----Riise----

---Benayoun-----Gerrard-----Mascherano-----Kewell----

---------------Torres-----------------Kuyt

Subs:

Itandje, Finnan, Aurelio, Crouch, Babel, Lucas , Hobbs

Farrandeelin

Liverpool will probably go through to the next round tonight.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ExiledGael

Cheyrou to score first, Liverpool to win.

Gabriel_Hurl

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

Who is that new lad out on the left wing?  :D

ExiledGael

Has to be said Torres is world class. Porto one up so Liverpool would finish second as it stands. Can English sides meet in the next round?

The Real Laoislad

Torres is a genius...
Had to laugh at Dunphy before the game when he really confirmed his Anti-Liverpool bias by saying only two Liverpool players would get on the first eleven of the other 3 Top 4 teams in Premiership Torres and Gerrard and the rest wouldn't even make the other 3 squads
I reckon he forget to mention Alonso,Masherano,Carragher,Renia and maybe even Finnan and it was even a stupid comment to make because really every club in the Top 4 has players who wouldn't make the other teams XI does anyone think O'Shea,Ferdinand,Wes Brown,Louis Saha,Gary Neville,Hargreaves,Silverstre are any better than what Liverpool have?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

As someone who doesnt like liverpool, at least now they have become half decent to watch. Kewell is playing great stuff right now, hes a new man. Torres is a class act.
Whats the deal with the marseille kit, did they lose a bet or something?

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 11, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
O'Shea,Ferdinand,Wes Brown,Louis Saha,Gary Neville,Hargreaves,Silverstre are any better than what Liverpool have?

Ferdinand would make the Liverpool team - the rest wouldnt

Just as well Liverpool are going through - that Marseille defence is woeful
Gerrard playing very very well
Torres - what can you say. He has a superb burst of speed & is showing how good he really is tonight. Why the fcuk isnt he playing every minute of every game??
Get the good game out of the system tonight lads ;)
BTW, who is the skinny lad on the left wing.....

bignifanatic

Quote from: full back on December 11, 2007, 09:02:25 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 11, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
O'Shea,Ferdinand,Wes Brown,Louis Saha,Gary Neville,Hargreaves,Silverstre are any better than what Liverpool have?

Ferdinand would make the Liverpool team - the rest wouldnt

Just as well Liverpool are going through - that Marseille defence is woeful
Gerrard playing very very well
Torres - what can you say. He has a superb burst of speed & is showing how good he really is tonight. Why the fcuk isnt he playing every minute of every game??
Get the good game out of the system tonight lads ;)
BTW, who is the skinny lad on the left wing.....

Jamie carraher is a tremendous asset to Liverpool and to me would walk on to any national team in the world, he is that good. Ferdinand is a gifted athlete who has a poor attention span and makes big blunders at bad times and to me he is vastly over rated as a central defender.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotedoes anyone think O'Shea,Ferdinand,Wes Brown,Louis Saha,Gary Neville,Hargreaves,Silverstre are any better than what Liverpool have?

Ferdinand is better than either of Liverpool's central defenders. Gary Neville is a better right back than Steve Finnan. Hargreaves would definitely get on for Liverpool - better than Sissoko or Mascherano.

None of the rest of the players you named would be in United's best XI
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Gabriel_Hurl

4 nil - lovely.

16 goals in our last 3 CL games  :D :D

J70

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 11, 2007, 09:16:30 PM
Quotedoes anyone think O'Shea,Ferdinand,Wes Brown,Louis Saha,Gary Neville,Hargreaves,Silverstre are any better than what Liverpool have?

Ferdinand is better than either of Liverpool's central defenders. Gary Neville is a better right back than Steve Finnan. Hargreaves would definitely get on for Liverpool - better than Sissoko or Mascherano.

None of the rest of the players you named would be in United's best XI

Hargreaves better than Mascherano? Doubtful. No debate with Sissoko though.

Ferdinand has improved greatly over the past few years he's been at United. I wouldn't swap him for Carragher or Agger though.

As for Neville, he's solid I suppose, but Finnan (and lately, Arbeloa) are perfectly capable players there for Liverpool. The position is not exactly a weak one for Liverpool either.