UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: yellowcard on June 20, 2017, 09:11:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2017, 08:31:10 PM
I think Labour will win next time. Corbyn bashing didn't work. People want change.

The Corbyn bashing will continue from The Express, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Times. However what the last election showed is that the daily newspapers do not have the same hold over people's opinions as they once had. With the advent of Social Media, many people now don't buy newspapers, particularly a younger generation. A lot of people also despise how the country is effectively run by Rupert Murdoch and his ilk for the benefit of themselves.

I don't see any other outcome from Brexit negotiations other than a complete dogs dinner, so Labour have a relatively good chance of at least being in a position to form a coalition government next time around.

You forgot our very own Owen Brannigan

Avondhu star

I think Labour will win next time. Corbyn bashing didn't work. People want change.

The Corbyn bashing will continue from The Express, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Times. However what the last election showed is that the daily newspapers do not have the same hold over people's opinions as they once had. With the advent of Social Media, many people now don't buy newspapers, particularly a younger generation. A lot of people also despise how the country is effectively run by Rupert Murdoch and his ilk for the benefit of themselves.

I don't see any other outcome from Brexit negotiations other than a complete dogs dinner, so Labour have a relatively good chance of at least being in a position to form a coalition government next time around.
Never underestimate the Lefts ability to self destruct. I think Corbyn has more enemies inside the party than outside. Having restored some respectability to Labour he will need to watch the ambitious me feiners around him in Westminster
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

johnneycool

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 21, 2017, 08:28:23 AM

Never underestimate the Lefts ability to self destruct. I think Corbyn has more enemies inside the party than outside. Having restored some respectability to Labour he will need to watch the ambitious me feiners around him in Westminster

Corbyn won't be facing Theresa May in the next election that's for sure. So it depends who they can come up with to lead the Tories. If its the likes of a Gove, a Boris or even Hammond I'd fancy Corbyn to do it although he needs to boot the Scottish Labour party up the hole and win a few more MP's.

Corbyn certainly had a lot of the Blairite era detractors in the party who ridiculed his leftist policies as electoral suicide but that wasn't the case a month ago. Corbyn has touched a nerve in the ruling classes that has them running scared with the young out voting and needing to be heard. The next Tory leader needs to tap into that or I can see Corbyn winning.

Applesisapples

The gutter press don't have the same influence they once had. Their headlines just reinforce the views of an ageing readership. Where labour and Corbyn scored was on social media and it was predominantly a younger voter they attracted who get news form mobile sources.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

DUP want £2 billion off Big T for NI. That's about £1100 each. What will you spend your share on?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

ziggysego

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 21, 2017, 01:13:26 PM
DUP want £2 billion off Big T for NI. That's about £1100 each. What will you spend your share on?

Flags for outside my house
Testing Accessibility

sid waddell

I'd advise anybody who lives in a tower block, especially ones that have been clad in flammable material, to spend it on a sprinkler system for their flat.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on June 21, 2017, 02:20:10 PM

A gay cake

A gay cake in the shape of a fleg!!

GJL

They have probably told her for every billion they give her they will get 1.6 billion back.

yellowcard

If she gives £2billion to the DUP to save her own skin, the electorate in England/Scotland/Wales will be on her back straight away. She is caught between a rock and a hard place and the DUP know this. I imagine they will get somewhere in between which should at least pay for the £400m RHI debacle with the remainder going towards a bridge between Scotland and the north, cultural bonfire and flag funding and scrapping the Air Passenger Duty. If there is any spare cash left over after that it might go towards the health service and schools. 

BennyCake

Maybe there's £1100 for each resident of the Garvaghy Road to allow the march from Drumcree to get home?

screenexile

Was the Queen having a go with her EU Flag outfit this morning??

Fair play if she was!

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on June 21, 2017, 03:14:13 PM
Was the Queen having a go with her EU Flag outfit this morning??

Fair play if she was!

I doubt it but with her family tree sure they are more euro than British any way.

Wildweasel74

you can fire my £1100 to policing overtime at the  Ardoyne lol, easy come , easy go