FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 11, 2011, 08:38:32 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 11, 2011, 08:36:59 PM
When is the play-off draw?

I think Thursday

Plenty time to rig it then.  Where will Ryanaiir be hoping for?  What chances Montenegro?

Milltown Row2

What happens if they are one of the top seeds? Home last match or a lesser team to play against?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Job done tonight i wouldn't fancy us v anyone in the play offs. 2nd leg at home?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

dec

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 11, 2011, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: thejuice on October 11, 2011, 08:32:59 PM
this is worse than watching Donegal.

do we qualify if we win or whats the story?

Qualify to get beaten in a 2 leg play-off

Playoff record for major tournaments.

1996 Netherlands 0-2
1998 Belgium 1-1, 1-2
2000 Turkey 1-1, 0-0
2002 Iran 2-0, 0-1
2010 France 0-1, 1-1

If they get drawn against an Asian team in the playoffs they might have a chance.

muppet

Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 11, 2011, 08:40:00 PM

I think Thursday

Plenty time to rig it then. Where will Ryanaiir be hoping for?  What chances Montenegro?

Perfect, they will drop you off in Doncaster.
MWWSI 2017

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2011, 08:40:13 PM
What happens if they are one of the top seeds? Home last match or a lesser team to play against?

I belive Bowl A has top 4 seeds and can play any of the 4 in bowl B.  Bowl A team has second leg at home.

All subject to confirmation, of course.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

Quote from: muppet on October 11, 2011, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 11, 2011, 08:40:00 PM

I think Thursday

Plenty time to rig it then. Where will Ryanaiir be hoping for?  What chances Montenegro?

Perfect, they will drop you off in Doncaster.

Why Doncaster?

laoislad

Great to get the win,I'd rather see them winning playing poor than losing playing well.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Doyle missing as we have good options up front now with the likes of Long,Best,Cox and Walters.
Midfield is a problem, Whelan is awful imo as is McGeady. I'd have Coleman and Fahy in instead.
Good chance of qualifying now,it be just great to qualify.
Brilliant to see the stadium almost full and the place rocking.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

2nd game at home not as big an advantage.  Anyone fancy France in a play off?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Declan

Lads we are an absolute shambles. Outplayed by 10 men. Experienced players panicking when we should have closed out the game in a canter.   

Bensars

Won't qualify. Poor side. 2 gifted goals. No attacking flair. Shots on goal are like hens teeth

laoislad

Denmark beating Portugal 2-0 so we could have France and Portugal in the draw if we don't get to be a top seed.
France only need draw v Bosnia so hopefully they can get an equaliser which should make us a top seed.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
Denmark beating Portugal 2-0 so we could have France and Portugal in the draw if we don't get to be a top seed.
France only need draw v Bosnia so hopefully they can get an equaliser which should make us a top seed.

Bosnia just scored, so it is still on !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AFS

Funny game, nice result.

Thought Cox was decent and Walters looked very useful when he came on. Duff put in a good shift. Delighted Dunne got his goal.

Doyle looked to be in one of his moods and deserved to be lined. McGeady was largely shite, but has had a good campaign and is still better than Hunt.

With Doyle and Keane out for the first playoff game, wouldn't mind seeing a front two of Walters and Long. Nice mix of strength and pace there. Cox could be a great addition if he could do two good things in a row a bit more often.