glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

My cousin's son plays lead guitar in The Idles, they played Glastonbury on Saturday i think it was. They're on the iPlayer, clean mad, say they are not punk but they as well be. Fair play to them though

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Tyrdub on July 02, 2019, 04:28:08 PM
My cousin's son plays lead guitar in The Idles, they played Glastonbury on Saturday i think it was. They're on the iPlayer, clean mad, say they are not punk but they as well be. Fair play to them though

Fist time I seen/heard of them watching the BBC clips, thought their Tune 'Danny Nadelko' (?) was excellent. Also enjoyed Chemical Brothers/ Jon Hopkins / Jorga Smith / Christine & the queens / Lizzo / Wu tang /  The Killers (when Johny Marr came on). Wouldn't have wasted to much time around the Pyramid stage to be honest. Fair play to Kylie but how anyone could stand and watch that for and hour and a half with so much else going on is beyond me.

lurganblue

This lad who jumped up on stage to do a bit of rapping is getting a few minutes of fame out of it. I watched the clip and i am astounded that people consider that a hit song, or even music.

screenexile

Quote from: lurganblue on July 02, 2019, 04:55:02 PM
This lad who jumped up on stage to do a bit of rapping is getting a few minutes of fame out of it. I watched the clip and i am astounded that people consider that a hit song, or even music.

I'm sure your parents loved all the music you were into going through your teens/early twenties as well!!!

Nothing wrong with the music just the ones listening to it!!!  :P :P

lurganblue

Nah my parents probably hated it. I've no problem with a bit of rap music. My parents would have had to endure some of that too. That Thiago Silva is still shite.

Anyway, set up or not?

screenexile

Watched Miley Cyrus there... apart from the ridiculous amounts of swearing it was quite good.

Pop country rap rock she covered a lot of genres. She's talented but seems a bit mental!

Ed Ricketts

Idles are excellent. Been listening to them for a couple of years now. Knew from hearing yer man's accent that he was from over here, but never found out where exactly. Any help?
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

michaelg

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on July 02, 2019, 08:01:26 PM

Idles are excellent. Been listening to them for a couple of years now. Knew from hearing yer man's accent that he was from over here, but never found out where exactly. Any help?
Guessed they had a link here from opening sample of crazy 'No Surrender' woman from City Hall fleg protest on first track on their debut album.

The Gs Man

He's a dentist from Belfast living in London playing in a band from Bristol.
Keep 'er lit

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2019, 07:48:12 PM
Watched Miley Cyrus there... apart from the ridiculous amounts of swearing it was quite good.

Pop country rap rock she covered a lot of genres. She's talented but seems a bit mental!

She's a decent talent but needs to cut out some of the over the top attention seeking stuff she does.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 03, 2019, 12:48:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2019, 07:48:12 PM

She's a decent talent but needs to cut out some of the over the top attention seeking stuff she does.

Funny when her Da came on and his singing started yet wasn't at the microphone yet, you could see her usher him across.

screenexile

Him and Lil Nas X were both miming!!

Tyrdub

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 03, 2019, 08:28:36 AM
He's a dentist from Belfast living in London playing in a band from Bristol.

That's him alright, like his dad

Watched The Cur set last night, the hit songs were brilliant but the other stuff was more for their hardcore fans.

also watched Bastille, thought they were brilliant. Have seen them live here, would definitely go back again

screenexile

Well what's the verdict on the first day?

Didn't see as much as I'd like thought Sam Fender was very good and was showing my age with Billie Eilish she's not my cup of tea at all really.

Those who like her seemed to enjoy the show though.

God14

Quote from: screenexile on June 24, 2022, 11:40:50 PM
Well what's the verdict on the first day?

Didn't see as much as I'd like thought Sam Fender was very good and was showing my age with Billie Eilish she's not my cup of tea at all really.

Those who like her seemed to enjoy the show though.

Same as that screen. Thought Sam fender was excellent. He will be back headlining in a few years