glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2019, 10:41:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2019, 10:18:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 29, 2019, 10:08:52 PM
Killers decent viewing here. Stormzy wouldn't be my cup of tea but apparently he put on a great show.

The Fontaines DC set looked class they'll be great to watch live when they're home later in the year.
Killers not big enough to headline a Saturday night imo. Stormzy was good when he did the handful of songs I recognise but there were large parts where I didn't recognise the music and I was bored. Watched a wee bit of The Charlatans last night and Tim has A LOOK going! Liam's set earlier was decent enough in spite of him being a poor vocalist.

Strange statement one of the top bands around for nearly 20 years and enough easily enough anthems to cope with top billing.

They've been excellent so far!!
Recording it and will watch it back later. I've always found them a bit bland for my tastes but I recall they were good when they actually were a top band 10 years or so ago when they headlined. They'll get a fair hearing.  ;)

FermGael

Killers have been superb so far
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

StephenC

Amazing set from the Killers and guests  :D

Tony Baloney

Take back what I said earlier. I'm only a couple of songs in (Spaceman) and Flowers is on it. Great frontman although he's bound to have some sweaty 🍒 in that suit 

StephenC

Ronnie Vannucci is an amazing drummer. Love him.

quit yo jibbajabba

That was great hi. Strong ending. Always leave them wantin more  :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 30, 2019, 12:01:24 AM
That was great hi. Strong ending. Always leave them wantin more  :D
Apply that to all aspects of life  ;D

Over the Bar

Killers very good and the addition of God that is  Johnny Marr just made the whole thing!

thejuice

Just saw Gojira tonight in Birmingham. They played a set at Glastonbury the night before. Even as a fan of metal I'm not sure having it a Glastonbury makes any sense. I get the idea of being open minded etc but metal music was always supposed to be out on its own or has evolved that way. Gojira were amazing tonight in a packed venue of their fans whereas in front of a non invested festival crowd it's going to fall a bit flat like a Leinster football final.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Newbridge Exile

Killers were brilliant tonight , this charming man with Johnny Marr was an unexpected bonus

ONeill

The encore saved that last night. He needed a couple of guests. Up til then they were.....The Killers. Bland enough.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

charlieTully

Quote from: thejuice on June 30, 2019, 01:26:58 AM
Just saw Gojira tonight in Birmingham. They played a set at Glastonbury the night before. Even as a fan of metal I'm not sure having it a Glastonbury makes any sense. I get the idea of being open minded etc but metal music was always supposed to be out on its own or has evolved that way. Gojira were amazing tonight in a packed venue of their fans whereas in front of a non invested festival crowd it's going to fall a bit flat like a Leinster football final.

Brilliant band.

mrdeeds

The Miley Cyrus set looked class. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Main Street

Sunday's line up on all stages is weak. Is this year's Glastonbury  the poorest of them all?  Headline act of the whole festival are The Cure? as Gary Moore said, I knew it was time to quit that (Metalish music) when I was asked to put make-up on. The last headline act I thought fitted the occasion were the Foo Fighters.

Tony Baloney

Robert Smith sounds f**king amazing. They are a perfect Sunday night closer.

MS agree about The Foo Fighters.