Creating an A4 booklet

Started by theticklemister, March 15, 2024, 04:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

What program/software did you use to create booklets so you can just go into a printing office and hand them it?

I have used the free version of Canva for years for making gaa programmes and it's been great but would Canva Pro be good. They have excellent templates which are not available  on basic Canva .

Is it worth the 100 quid?

Thanks in advance

armaghniac

I suppose the question is what is mostly in the booklet: text, drawn images, photographs, tables etc?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

Quote from: armaghniac on March 15, 2024, 04:47:02 PMI suppose the question is what is mostly in the booklet: text, drawn images, photographs, tables etc?

A short history of a GAA club

Itchy

Quote from: theticklemister on March 15, 2024, 05:06:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 15, 2024, 04:47:02 PMI suppose the question is what is mostly in the booklet: text, drawn images, photographs, tables etc?

You'd probably be better going to local printing company as it will look shit doing it yourself.

Orior

Quote from: Itchy on March 20, 2024, 08:23:37 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 15, 2024, 05:06:50 PM

You'd probably be better going to local printing company as it will look shit doing it yourself.

Agreed. It is worth the expense, and seek out funding grants under the heading of capturing and recording history or community engagement.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

if you spend the time then you can do this in Word or Libreoffice and it will look fine. But you would need to be organised, have a template set up in advance, and manage the images carefully.

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 20, 2024, 10:38:39 AMif you spend the time then you can do this in Word or Libreoffice and it will look fine. But you would need to be organised, have a template set up in advance, and manage the images carefully.

Now in fairness, and with all due respect to the OP, the guy doesnt know what software to use for the job so I am going to hazard a guess that he is not hugely competent in this field. You would be surprised how reasonable print houses are these days.

theticklemister

So I fire the company photos and text and they put it into certain layouts and I pick the best? How much would it cost?

I have actually started myself on Canva. I have used canva for posters and local programmes for years and getting better as years go on. I've got until November so I think I might give it a wee rattle. The wife says it's good and she tells me straight!

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on March 20, 2024, 04:21:00 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 20, 2024, 10:38:39 AMif you spend the time then you can do this in Word or Libreoffice and it will look fine. But you would need to be organised, have a template set up in advance, and manage the images carefully.

Now in fairness, and with all due respect to the OP, the guy doesnt know what software to use for the job so I am going to hazard a guess that he is not hugely competent in this field. You would be surprised how reasonable print houses are these days.

No, but if he has done the hard work of getting the stuff together there may be someone not too far away with  skills to help.