Northern Ireland Football Team

Started by Feckitt, March 30, 2015, 12:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Quote from: laoislad on March 30, 2015, 04:24:54 PM
Quote from: naka on March 30, 2015, 12:41:04 PM
don't actually mind NI
don't support them but am ambivalent also towards roi soccer team

both teams sum up what is wrong with this island and why rugby sets a great example
The day that nonsense of a song Ireland's Call is played at an Irish soccer match instead of our Anthem is the day I stop going to Irish soccer matches.
Rugby lads are welcome to it, leave the soccer the way it is imo.

So you support the partitioning of football in Ireland?

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 30, 2015, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 30, 2015, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 30, 2015, 01:37:15 PM
don't actually mind NI

both teams sum up what is wrong with this island and why rugby sets a great example

First, you have to ask yourself why so few Northern Catholics support Norn Iron.

Did they get rid of their anthem yet? That would be a stumbling block, no?

Did anyone else find it amusing how the Scottish fans booed God Save The Queen when it was played as the NI anthem before last week's friendly considering the recent referendum?

They pull out the Braveheart stuff when they need it.

Shouldn't "Flower of Scotland" be on a banned list as it incites violence? How many arrests were there?

I mention this in contrast to the authorities detaining fans at SPL matches for singing songs.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

michaelg

Quote from: stew on March 30, 2015, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on March 30, 2015, 02:02:47 PM
don't actually mind NI

First, you have to ask yourself why so few Northern Catholics support Norn Iron.

As somebody said earlier the "performance" of Billy Bingham and the rabble in Windsor Park in 93 would have quite a lot to do with it.

I got banned from owc for calling Bingham "Billy Bigot" in reference to his antics in the game against the Republic!

He was a disgrace that night and any support of them I had for them was gone after that disgraceful evening, that said I want all teams that pull on the green of Ireland to do well.
What did Bingham do that night?

theticklemister

What I find amusing is that 'Princess'Anne is the patron of Scottish rugby and they all stand for the Flower of Scotland.....

Walter Cronc

Quote from: michaelg on March 30, 2015, 04:44:56 PM
don't actually mind NI

As somebody said earlier the "performance" of Billy Bingham and the rabble in Windsor Park in 93 would have quite a lot to do with it.

I got banned from owc for calling Bingham "Billy Bigot" in reference to his antics in the game against the Republic!

He was a disgrace that night and any support of them I had for them was gone after that disgraceful evening, that said I want all teams that pull on the green of Ireland to do well.

I think he may have stirred the pot before the game. During it all I can remember him doing was waving to the crowd as if he was royalty. 2 cracking goals were scored that night, people forget that.

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 30, 2015, 04:57:00 PM
don't actually mind NI

I think he may have stirred the pot before the game. During it all I can remember him doing was waving to the crowd as if he was royalty. 2 cracking goals were scored that night, people forget that.

Did he not pretend to play the flute at a stage or am I imagining that?

michaelg

don't actually mind NI

To be fair, it was his last match in charge and his last match at Windsor after leading the team to 2 World Cups.  Jackie Charlton seemed to think that NI should have just rolled over.

5 Sams

don't actually mind NI

This is not waving to the crowd...this is stirring them up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI1KuKKY7JU
The Aristocrat Years

Walter Cronc

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 30, 2015, 05:15:21 PM
don't actually mind NI

This is not waving to the crowd...this is stirring them up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI1KuKKY7JU

Ah jeez I dunno about that. If Jack had been doing it in Dublin you wouldnt have batted an eyelid.

Bingo

That was a hell of a goal that Jimmy Quinn scored.

T Fearon

Whatever about the politics I would venture to suggest that not too many Republic players would get into the current North of Ireland team.You would have to concede that Michael O'Neill is enhancing his reputation as an excellent young manager,destined for a big club job in England.

rrhf

Yes he's doing great.  Is the time right to put out the olive branch to the struggling south.

laoislad

I went to a Nordie Ireland game in Windsor Park in a Laois GAA hoodie one night.
Didn't have any problems.
Stayed in a house in Sandy Row the same night actually.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: laoislad on March 30, 2015, 06:30:18 PM
I went to a Nordie Ireland game in Windsor Park in a Laois GAA hoodie one night.
Didn't have any problems.

They are huge Billy Sheehan fans up there!

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

T Fearon

They probably mistook if for a Linfield hoodie!