The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

I think a younger Allardyce is exactly what Everton need right now. Circle the wagons, give them a structure, initial priority defensively focused on clean sheet, clean sheet, clean sheet. Then look at scoring goals and getting up the table. Ideally appointment would have been made a little earlier to get some preferred signings in. Is Dyche that man? Maybe.

Bielsa might be a better long term option or "fit" for Everton but right now they absolutely have to stay in PL. And that will require pragmatism as opposed to steadfastly sticking to a football philosophy.

square_ball

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 27, 2023, 02:42:45 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 27, 2023, 12:23:39 PM
I think at this point Dyche may have a better chance of keeping Everton up than Bielsa. In differnet circumstances Bielsa would be the better appointment I think. On paper their back 4 and keeper aren't bad so Everton fans will just have to enjoy the grind if they're going to survive!
don't know what games you've watched but the back 4 are terrible. Mykolenko is worst left back in the league, Coleman brilliant servant but best days behind him. Mina injured more often then not, Cody limited enough and Tarkowski has been in poor form. Only for Pickford they wouldn't have the points they have.

Not convinced about Dyche, he's definitely got his work cut out, needs a few signings asap

In fairness I did say on paper their goalkeeper and back 4 aren't too bad. Maybe getting a defensive enough manager in will get them organised and a bit more difficult to play against. Lampard looked like he didn't have a clue in that regard.

J70

I think Dyche is a good appointment for them. He will make them hard to beat, well organized, great motivator. And if he keeps them up, good chance for him to prove himself at a bigger club.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2023, 03:02:11 PM
I think Dyche is a good appointment for them. He will make them hard to beat, well organized, great motivator. And if he keeps them up, good chance for him to prove himself at a bigger club.
When he leaves Everton?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 27, 2023, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2023, 03:02:11 PM
When he leaves Everton?

Note, I didn't say "big". I said "bigger".  ;)

A mouse is not big. But its bigger than an ant. :D

bennydorano

Gordon gone for £45m to Newcastle. I've really never understood the hype about him at all. They should move heaven & earth to keep Onana, he will go at some point for about 80m, pure quality.

imtommygunn

Good riddance to Gordon tbh. Another Ross Barkley. Going got a bit tough and he's away.

Captain Obvious

Impressive new manager bounce. Not just beat the leaders, held them scoreless also.

quit yo jibbajabba

An aggressive everton be hard to work with for a week or two for sure. Still not a lot of goals in the team but defence should improve

Ghost

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 04, 2023, 02:44:08 PM
An aggressive everton be hard to work with for a week or two for sure. Still not a lot of goals in the team but defence should improve

Thought similar myself on the goals front but that midfield 3 of Docoure, Gueye and Onana will  be hard to break down.

manfromdelmonte

I never felt more like singing the blues...

Mr. Nakata

🎶when Everton win and Liverpool lose🎶

Suds will taste good tonight...first MOTD I'll watch in months...well played Dyche, well played blues and well played fans...bear pit at Goodison back at last

laoislad

I reckon if today was last day of the season Everton fans would happily be relegated if it meant Liverpool lost.. what a strange bunch of fans.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2023, 06:37:17 PM
I reckon if today was last day of the season Everton fans would happily be relegated if it meant Liverpool lost.. what a strange bunch of fans.
The PEDs aren't working this season then

Ulster Frank

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 04, 2023, 10:32:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2023, 06:37:17 PM
The PEDs aren't working this season then

What are PEDS??