Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on November 04, 2021, 07:49:59 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 04, 2021, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 05:41:37 PM
I don't rate Rashford at all. My front 3 would probably be Cavani, Greenwood and Sancho, with Ronaldo and Martial coming off the bench.

Can't understand the hatred for Pogba. He is one of the few world class players Utd have. It's not his fault he has to work with crap like McTominay and Fred. He showed for France that he is a brilliant footballer when he can be arsed which isn't too often
Fixed that

Yes , I agree. First game v Leeds he set up 3 or 4 and scored,  and looked like he was finally going to be the player people thought he was capable of. But what else has he done until now? I think even Europe s big teams don't want to touch him as they can clearly see he is a huge liability

I would say you have to build the team around him to take advantage of his vision and passing ability, but his carelessness in possession, especially with all the top team pressing these days, is a big issue.

nrico2006

Pogba has been at United years now and has had a handful of excellent performances. Just isn't as good as we hoped.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Saffronaldo

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 05, 2021, 08:47:54 PM
Pogba has been at United years now and has had a handful of excellent performances. Just isn't as good as we hoped.

I would suggest quite the opposite, he's clearly too good to be wasting his time playing with Fred and McTominay.

Capt Pat

After releasing him for nothing and buying him back for 90 million they are going to let Pogba go for nothing in the summer. Who is running that club?

nrico2006

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 09:30:53 PM

I would suggest quite the opposite, he's clearly too good to be wasting his time playing with Fred and McTominay.

I used to think he was going to be a superstar, but doesn't have all the attributes. If he worked as hard as Fred or McTominay he would have realised his potential.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Saffronaldo

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 05, 2021, 09:42:02 PM

I used to think he was going to be a superstar, but doesn't have all the attributes. If he worked as hard as Fred or McTominay he would have realised his potential.

Have to laugh at this nonsense. The man has won League titles, cups, the WORLD CUP! And all sorts of individual honours.  He has nothing to prove to anyone. It's not his fault Utd couldn't buy a half decent midfield to build around him.

Armagh18

If he was as good as you're making out he'd be dragging those lads up with him. Look at his attitude compared to the likes of Bruno or Cavani.

snoopdog

Pogba was never a keane or a Vieira type footballer he needs to have workers around him like he does with france. This utd team has too many individuals and the grafters aren't good enough around them. Fred and mctominay it's all last minute tackles and not losing the ball. I don't think pogba isn't trying that's just his game. Italy prob suits him better as he gets more time on the ball. He just didn't work at utd but I think that's as much a fault of utds transfers and his work rate. There are more problems at utd than just pogba. He will leave in the summer. No one would pay the fee for him as the likes of real barca and juve don't have the cash. But they won't hesitate to take a player of his quality for free.

JoG2

Whatever system you play, especially in the Premier League, I think the days are gone when you can accommodate a couple of luxury players in the team. Ronaldo, phenomenal player who's pushing on in age is producing the goals, Utd's others are not and the better teams like Liverpool and City who aren't carrying these type of players  will exploit this lack of graft

From the Bunker

Quote from: snoopdog on November 06, 2021, 06:38:29 AM
Pogba was never a keane or a Vieira type footballer he needs to have workers around him like he does with france. This utd team has too many individuals and the grafters aren't good enough around them. Fred and mctominay it's all last minute tackles and not losing the ball. I don't think pogba isn't trying that's just his game. Italy prob suits him better as he gets more time on the ball. He just didn't work at utd but I think that's as much a fault of utds transfers and his work rate. There are more problems at utd than just pogba. He will leave in the summer. No one would pay the fee for him as the likes of real barca and juve don't have the cash. But they won't hesitate to take a player of his quality for free.

He won't be cheap, even on a free. You'd wonder would he go to Newcastle if he was offered a bundle of money? He seems to lack ambition and drive.

Armamike

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 11:36:44 PM

Have to laugh at this nonsense. The man has won League titles, cups, the WORLD CUP! And all sorts of individual honours.  He has nothing to prove to anyone. It's not his fault Utd couldn't buy a half decent midfield to build around him.

And after the team is built around this one individual, what happens when the individual gets injured or decides to leave the club?  Where does this leave the 'team'.  Never understood the logic of building a team around one individual.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Saffronaldo

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 06, 2021, 08:56:29 AM

He won't be cheap, even on a free. You'd wonder would he go to Newcastle if he was offered a bundle of money? He seems to lack ambition and drive.

World Cup winner  best Young player at World Cup, multiple title winner lacks ambition. People are strange.

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 06, 2021, 09:38:24 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 06, 2021, 08:56:29 AM

World Cup winner  best Young player at World Cup, multiple title winner lacks ambition. People are strange.
Watch him play. Doesn't give a shite.

Armagh18

Quote from: Armamike on November 06, 2021, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 11:36:44 PM

And after the team is built around this one individual, what happens when the individual gets injured or decides to leave the club?  Where does this leave the 'team'.  Never understood the logic of building a team around one individual.
You do that with someone like Ronaldo or Messi in their prime who will score 50 or 60 goals a year. Not some prima donna.

Saffronaldo

What makes you think he's a prima donna? Are you just buying into the lazy racist punditry favoured by British ex-players?