Alan Brogans Tweet

Started by Baile Brigín 2, February 07, 2019, 09:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The football Counties would be expected to vote for Donegal's motion.
The Top table plus Dublin will be against it.
That leaves Hurling Counties and Overseas delegates.
I presume it will need 60% as it's amending a rule?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 08, 2019, 11:16:27 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2019, 09:55:34 AM
Dublin should have their own 20000-30000 capacity ground to cater for their games. I think most Dublin gaels would prefer this. I hope the Donegal motion succeeds.

I really doubt it. Where are we looking at? Rathcoole? Crokers location is half the crowd.

And there is no money for stadia until Franks bag o shyte is cleaned up.

The Spawell, you already own the site. Dublin I think needs at least a 30k stadium, maybe 40k, it would be sold out for the home league and early leinster games as it would be an event to be at due to the atmosphere instead of a smaller crowd feeling lost in Croker.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 08, 2019, 11:31:30 AM
Dublin should have their own 20000-30000 capacity ground to cater for their games. I think most Dublin gaels would prefer this. I hope the Donegal motion succeeds.

I really doubt it. Where are we looking at? Rathcoole? Crokers location is half the crowd.

The Spawell, you already own the site. Dublin I think needs at least a 30k stadium, maybe 40k, it would be sold out for the home league and early leinster games as it would be an event to be at due to the atmosphere instead of a smaller crowd feeling lost in Croker.

DCB say not for a stadium and planning would never happen.

But lets suppose it did. If 14 000 went to a city center location surrounded by bars, how many do you reckon will take the 90m trip on a bus to suburbia? You are on la la land if you think 26,000 more

DUBSFORSAM1

I actually hope this motion gets passed and Dublin play one of the counties who vote for it such as Donegal/Tyrone/kerry etc get drawn to play Dublin and the game gets moved to Parnell Park and they get 2-300 tickets and get smashed at the same time and when they come looking for funding next season they get told - sorry the attendance/income dropped last year so there is no money available for you.

From the Bunker

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on February 08, 2019, 12:17:46 PM
I actually hope this motion gets passed and Dublin play one of the counties who vote for it such as Donegal/Tyrone/kerry etc get drawn to play Dublin and the game gets moved to Parnell Park and they get 2-300 tickets and get smashed at the same time and when they come looking for funding next season they get told - sorry the attendance/income dropped last year so there is no money available for you.

You see that there is the BULLY BOY tactics that money has brought to the GAA. A Dublin supporter who has got so used to having to do little or nothing in the way of travelling to go see Dublin come Championship. All home games and on tap! And when there is a threat to this, they just throw their toys out of the pram. Nice!

Cunny Funt

If this motion is passed. Dublin will have one home game,one away game and one game played in a neutral venue in the super 8s and the latter will not be played in Croke park or Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 08, 2019, 12:35:12 PM

If this motion is passed. Dublin will have one home game,one away game and one game played in a neutral venue in the super 8s and the latter will not be played in Croke park or Dublin.

Yes, it just a way of having a more level playing field for the Super 8's, with Dublin have one game at home (Like all the rest)! Donegal had to word the motion carefully as the GAA throw back to us year after year that Croke Park is a neutral venue when it comes to Dublin.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 08, 2019, 11:36:15 AM

But lets suppose it did. If 14 000 went to a city center location surrounded by bars, how many do you reckon will take the 90m trip on a bus to suburbia? You are on la la land if you think 26,000 more

Maybe some of the others might be coming from outside Dublin? Of course they never occurred to you.

johnnycool

90m? Minutes?

I could be in Banbridge in 90 minutes if leaving from the Drumcondra road....

exaggerate much?

Plus it's difficult for the Dubs but every other county can do it no bother.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 08, 2019, 12:43:43 PM

90m? Minutes?

I could be in Banbridge in 90 minutes if leaving from the Drumcondra road....

exaggerate much?

Plus it's difficult for the Dubs but every other county can do it no bother.

Even on a Saturday its 45 mins on a bus to Templeogue.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2019, 12:42:16 PM

Maybe some of the others might be coming from outside Dublin? Of course they never occurred to you.

If you are seriously suggesting Dublin would get bigger crowds in the Spawell than Croker you need testing.

There are arguments for a Dublin venue, but that is not one of them.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 08, 2019, 01:58:21 PM

If you are seriously suggesting Dublin would get bigger crowds in the Spawell than Croker you need testing.

No, that's not what I was suggesting. I must have picked you up wrong. They'll get more people into a ground in the Spawell than Parnell Park. And there's no shortage of money in Dublin to build it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2019, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 08, 2019, 01:58:21 PM

No, that's not what I was suggesting. I must have picked you up wrong. They'll get more people into a ground in the Spawell than Parnell Park. And there's no shortage of money in Dublin to build it.

How many games do Dublin get, in both codes, crowds between 15k and 30k?

Is it worth a 50m stadium build?

That said, there are plenty of neighbouring counties who could make use of the hall.

armaghniac

Why should Kerry, who have provided themselves with a stadium well suited to the super 8s lose money because Dublin have not done so?  Dublin could move to Navan or Kilkenny and accommodate a bigger crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B