Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Deja Vu with a home defeat to Palace. Palace got the bit of luck on the penalty but deserved their win as simply fitter and sharper than United who had loads of passengers. The woeful defending by Lindelof on the 3rd goal summed up United's display.  Will that defeat tonight waken up a clueless Woodward to get a least 3 signings in before the window closes?

Ed Ricketts

Brutal. If that sort of shite doesn't open the coffers then nothing will.

The bizarre craic with the penalty and the short pre-season are no excuses, that sort of performance has been commonplace for years.

The reason United drop so many points to the likes of Palace is simply that so many of the current team is of that standard. James, Shaw, Lindelof, Fosu-Mensah, McTominay - the idea of any of those guys lining out for City or Liverpool is laughable. But that's what United are using to compete. Upgrades immediately needed for James, Shaw and Lindelof at the very least.

City and Liverpool were miles ahead, and have strengthened. Chelsea have brought in half a team of new players. How do the money men at United expect the gap to the top to be closed without fresh blood? Unless, of course, they're not really bothered with competing, and it's really about nothing more than hitting the CL money and associated sponsorship deals.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

BennyCake

Quote from: Helix. on September 19, 2020, 07:30:36 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 19, 2020, 07:23:13 PM
Don't know what the value of each team but imagine CP worth a lot less, but their players are much more technically better. Zaha just class.
Is there a buyback clause for him I doubt it. Same shite again dreadful in defence. Queue the smartarses on the forum!

Zaha seems to want to leave Palace for a year or two, but nobody seems to want to take a chance on him. He'll be putting himself in the window with his performances until the transfer deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at United before it closes.

snoopdog

Add Maguire to that list also.  How he is club captain .

screenexile

United falling behind other teams you look at Arsenal/Everton/Spurs/Chelsea all improving their squads and United will struggle if they don't bring in some new players to make a difference!!

Seems strange nobody wants to play for "the biggest team in the world".

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on September 19, 2020, 07:52:16 PM
Don't know what the value of each team but imagine CP worth a lot less, but their players are much more technically better. Zaha just class.
Is there a buyback clause for him I doubt it. Same shite again dreadful in defence. Queue the smartarses on the forum!

Zaha seems to want to leave Palace for a year or two, but nobody seems to want to take a chance on him. He'll be putting himself in the window with his performances until the transfer deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at United before it closes.

There was a reason Zaha was sold the first time. Just like there was a reason Pogba was sold the first time!

square_ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 19, 2020, 08:02:12 PM

There was a reason Zaha was sold the first time.

Because of what Evra said on sky sports?

snoopdog

Quote from: square_ball on September 19, 2020, 08:08:10 PM

There was a reason Zaha was sold the first time.

Because of what Evra said on sky sports?
Sky apologised for evra saying that. But yes I heard that at the time. He wasnt given any chance by moyes.

thebigfella

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2020, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 19, 2020, 07:10:18 PM
They deserve to be at least 2-0 down.

But not like that.

Football seems determined to ruin itself as a form of entertainment.
100%

Utd definitely 2nd best but penalty and retake a joke. Was same last week with Liverpool and Leeds.

Switched over to the golf after that. Although Just meant the golf was promoted from the iPad with game going other way   ;D

BennyCake

There was a reason Zaha was sold the first time. Just like there was a reason Pogba was sold the first time!

Players develop and improve though.

rodney trotter

Zaha probaly flourishes being the main man at Palace. The same with Grealish at United. Though Zaha was never given a chance at United,  maybe wasn't performing in training.  Fergie signed him when Palace were in the championship.
Didn't see eye to eye with Moyes

LCohen

Quote from: thebigfella on September 19, 2020, 08:11:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2020, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 19, 2020, 07:10:18 PM
They deserve to be at least 2-0 down.

But not like that.

Football seems determined to ruin itself as a form of entertainment.
100%

Utd definitely 2nd best but penalty and retake a joke. Was same last week with Liverpool and Leeds.

Switched over to the golf after that. Although Just meant the golf was promoted from the iPad with game going other way   ;D

I get the problem with the penalty decision but what's the problem with the retake?

trileacman

Woodward should just cut his losses and fire Ole now. Be saving a lot of this season instead of waiting till Christmas.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dar31

Its probably a bit early to draw any conclusions as id say with the covid protocols most of that squad came back in dribs and drabs but united deserved to lose  to be fair

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on September 19, 2020, 08:17:03 PM

Players develop and improve though.

Has there ever been a case of a player sold and was brought back and was a success?