Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I defo think people need to get over themselves in regard to the 'rant', there has been a lot worse put on here by keyboard warriors than what  Terry was supposed to have said....

People are jumping on the bandwagon here... And if they've made up on this then let it be... The elections should be interesting... More so than any other year!! May the best candidates win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

podge

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2015, 11:33:27 PM
I defo think people need to get over themselves in regard to the 'rant', there has been a lot worse put on here by keyboard warriors than what  Terry was supposed to have said....

People are jumping on the bandwagon here... And if they've made up on this then let it be... The elections should be interesting... More so than any other year!! May the best candidates win

I don't think you need the 'supposed to have said'.   The point is the keyboard warriors who may have posted a lot worse on here are not , as far as we know, putting themselves up there as the ones who are bringing forward a fresh new start and professional approach for county Antrim.  I would have a lot more time for the whole SV things if they made a point of it by accepting it wasn't an acceptable way to do business and for that reason he is withdrawing his nomination.  But no, we will just plough ahead even if we are tarnished as a result.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on November 23, 2015, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2015, 11:33:27 PM

I don't think you need the 'supposed to have said'.   The point is the keyboard warriors who may have posted a lot worse on here are not , as far as we know, putting themselves up there as the ones who are bringing forward a fresh new start and professional approach for county Antrim.  I would have a lot more time for the whole SV things if they made a point of it by accepting it wasn't an acceptable way to do business and for that reason he is withdrawing his nomination.  But no, we will just plough ahead even if we are tarnished as a result.

My supposed was to do with actually how bad it really was?  had he been talking to under 18's and not a man in his latter years I'd be more worried.. I haven't heard it but during my time (like yesterday I had a difference of opinion with a club man of hurling issues!!)  with discussions with club colleagues/committee men things get very heated ... that's passion.. yes I'd say some things can go over the top but generally both people want the same thing...... a decent Antrim set up!! or in my case yesterday a decent future for mine clubs senior teams..

And Podge there are people on here who are putting themselves or backing others for both camps
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Our club had the pleasure of welcoming delegates from SV tonight to our club. Very impressive case made and talked in a language that everyone can understand. No bluster or big promises - just a sincere appeal for support to be allowed to put proper and meaningful structure together that will facilitate sustainable growth.

Based on accountability, transparency and respect. No bad mouthing of current officialdom, all very dignified.

I would know most of these men personally and I am genuinely excited about Antrims prospects if these men are given their head to deliver.

Overall, in a nutshell this initiative is singularly  the best thing to happen to Antrim Gaa in my lifetime. We are now in a position to put in place a coiste bainisti  who will start to make us proud again

Aontroma Abu..

NAG1

Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2015, 12:09:52 AM
Our club had the pleasure of welcoming delegates from SV tonight to our club. Very impressive case made and talked in a language that everyone can understand. No bluster or big promises - just a sincere appeal for support to be allowed to put proper and meaningful structure together that will facilitate sustainable growth.

Based on accountability, transparency and respect. No bad mouthing of current officialdom, all very dignified.

I would know most of these men personally and I am genuinely excited about Antrims prospects if these men are given their head to deliver.

Overall, in a nutshell this initiative is singularly  the best thing to happen to Antrim Gaa in my lifetime. We are now in a position to put in place a coiste bainisti  who will start to make us proud again

Aontroma Abu..

::) ;) :D

culchie11

so bannside our footballers reaching the ulster final in 2009 or our hurlers reaching the ai final in 1989 are bypassed by this group amalgamating to clear the decks at county board level lol

u should get out more often bannside!!

so u know these men personally, that explains it, why did they not consider u to stand for a position then, seems to be if ur a friend or a friend of a friend u could get the nod!

who answered the questions last night?!

bannside

89 and 09 were good teams by our standards and gave us a few great days out. But that's the point Culchie. Think about it man. It's too sporadic. Not nearly nearly enough for a county of our size. And no structures whatsoever to sustain it.

We need to be aiming a lot higher than that and I am confident this SV initiative has kick started our recovery already. Sure look at the interest there is this year. I believe it will result in multiple positions on coiste bainisti and furthermore will in due course begin to deliver those the type of sustainable structures we so badly need.

Gizzy15

Quote from: culchie11 on November 24, 2015, 09:50:09 AM
so bannside our footballers reaching the ulster final in 2009 or our hurlers reaching the ai final in 1989 are bypassed by this group amalgamating to clear the decks at county board level lol

u should get out more often bannside!!

so u know these men personally, that explains it, why did they not consider u to stand for a position then, seems to be if ur a friend or a friend of a friend u could get the nod!

who answered the questions last night?!

Jeeez C11 think you need to get out more if a hurling final 26 years ago and a provincial final almost 7 years ago is enough for you to think the garden is Rosie and all is well. and considering the thread I don't think the Hurling final in 89 was much to do with the current CB nor the SV ticket.

culchie11

gizzy maybe if u would read the thread before commenting, i was merely remarking that bannside thought that sv was the best thing to happen for antrim gaa in his lifetime, which is obvious not true, think he has lsot the run of himself a bit lol

where did i say that those two ocassions made everything rosy!

bannside

When the votes are cast on Monday week and many SV nominees are elected to Coiste Bainisti, I think we will have finally drawn a line in the sand and our county can begin to move forward.

Make no mistake it will take fresh faces to deliver, and a fresh new message that for once Antrim people have stood up and finally done something for themselves.

For years no one has cared about our county. Businesses wouldn't touch the damaged brand with a bargepole, as one horror story after another was played out in public. As a result there is little trust or respect of board officials to represent us properly.

County Committee meetings have become a place where sarcasm reigns, and where a delegate ran the risk of being castigated for asking a sensible question. If you had the audacity to continue you ran the chance of getting thrown out of the building. But now those crows are coming home to roost.

There are hundreds of really good gaels in county Antrim who are working well at club level but with zero interest in anything county. Most have a very poor opinion of our county board, or worse, couldn't give a toss one way or the other. These are the people who need to be galvanised for things to kick start, and Saffron Vision has began that process.

Yes, I firmly stand by my assertion that SV is singularly the best thing to happen to Antrim Gaa in my lifetime. The people are talking.

culchie11

Bannside u t good craic I give u that lol

A small bit premature with ur chest thumping victory speech too lol

I didn't realise u attended county meetings to hear what goes on?!
But then terry the phantom caller goes and sure he knows a thing or two about how meetings should run and how manners costs nothing!

Reilly and hart r two who should not get a position as they have done themselves no favours, hart for down right telling a lies on his cv. The fact that McCann only paid his membership recently also sits uneasy with me. All true Gaels u will tell me!

The rest of the positions will be keenly fought!

I hope whoever gets in can sort casement as we all have seen last night and today that the press release says early next year consultation will happen again before plans submitted. Whoever gets in needs to deal with the outstanding issues of Getting agree to with residents and social club alignment.

bannside

Wouldn't fancy being a delegate last few years Culchie to tell you the truth. Good chance I will get to a few next year though lol.

Here's a true story in the meantime. There was a matter about a football appointment that I had an interest in and asked our club delegates to ask a question or two from the floor. I think one was had the incoming manager a level playing field budget wise versus the hurling manager. That was only the warm up question the next two were a bit more sensitive and of which I had inside knowledge having spoken to other candidates who had been interviewed.

By coincidence I got a phone call from our club chairman saying that neither delegate was available that night...but if I wanted to I could represent the club as our delegate on that occasion and ask whatever questions were on my mind. Happy enough.

I signed in and took my seat and waited on a chance to speak. When I rose to make my point I was told to sit down and keep quiet. I explained that I was officially standing in for our delegates who could not attend, but was told to "sit down and keep quiet" again.  I stood up again for about the fourth time and asked why as an official representative of my club why I could not make my point......and the answer was...." because the county needed an hours notice prior to the meeting about a change of club delegate". They really did not want to hear what I may or may not say.

A very well respected and experienced club gael who was sitting nearby told me to stand my ground as there was no such rule. I stood for a while longer until I was shouted down for the last time and told to keep quiet. To this day I don't know if that is a rule or not??

The vote for the management position was taken.  Those in favour of the coiste bainisti recommendation put your hands up. Less than 20 people on a room of about 100 put their hand up. "That's it passed then", said the county chairman

"No it's not" I jumped up and said. "Clearly there is not a mandate for this appointment". But no one could be bothered either agreeing or disagreeing and I was friendless in the market! In fact it was scary how little interest club delegates had in the matter. The hurling club delegates couldn't be bothered voting one way or the other!

Later on I waited in the foyer to make a point of asking our paid official how on earth the proposal was accepted as there clearly was no majority in favour of the coiste bainisti sponsored recommendation. Here was the answer.

"Heres the way it is. If the delegates put their hands up or kept their hands down it didn't matter. Either way they are voting for the same thing"!! I swear to God that's the answer I was given. That was my only experience Culchie of a fully fledged county committee meeting and it was a pantomime. But thanks for bringing that up I wouldn't have got the opportunity to share that first hand example of how county business is conducted by our esteemed officials.

Keep firing the questions. There's loads more lol.

bannside

Great news about Casement. A brand new start really. We really are at our lowest point right now. A few good years development work on amd off the pitch can see us begin to rise from the ashes.

culchie11

I don't doubt that ur story didn't happen bannside, not sure about the rule but it was one way out of answering the questions u had.

I would be concerned like yourself at how little support u got or how little club delegates question how our county is ran by the paid official. I also would like a level playing field on budgets where hurling and football r concerned. It is a concern that the men who r involved in the sv tickets r mainly from hurling backgrounds! They have a few token gesture football men.

Casement can't be sorted quick enough, but it is good to c some of the appointments ulster have made includes someone who was involved in previous projects that have now been completed.

hurlingstick

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2015, 02:52:28 PM
Wouldn't fancy being a delegate last few years Culchie to tell you the truth. Good chance I will get to a few next year though lol.

Here's a true story in the meantime. There was a matter about a football appointment that I had an interest in and asked our club delegates to ask a question or two from the floor. I think one was had the incoming manager a level playing field budget wise versus the hurling manager. That was only the warm up question the next two were a bit more sensitive and of which I had inside knowledge having spoken to other candidates who had been interviewed.

By coincidence I got a phone call from our club chairman saying that neither delegate was available that night...but if I wanted to I could represent the club as our delegate on that occasion and ask whatever questions were on my mind. Happy enough.

I signed in and took my seat and waited on a chance to speak. When I rose to make my point I was told to sit down and keep quiet. I explained that I was officially standing in for our delegates who could not attend, but was told to "sit down and keep quiet" again.  I stood up again for about the fourth time and asked why as an official representative of my club why I could not make my point......and the answer was...." because the county needed an hours notice prior to the meeting about a change of club delegate". They really did not want to hear what I may or may not say.

A very well respected and experienced club gael who was sitting nearby told me to stand my ground as there was no such rule. I stood for a while longer until I was shouted down for the last time and told to keep quiet. To this day I don't know if that is a rule or not??

The vote for the management position was taken.  Those in favour of the coiste bainisti recommendation put your hands up. Less than 20 people on a room of about 100 put their hand up. "That's it passed then", said the county chairman

"No it's not" I jumped up and said. "Clearly there is not a mandate for this appointment". But no one could be bothered either agreeing or disagreeing and I was friendless in the market! In fact it was scary how little interest club delegates had in the matter. The hurling club delegates couldn't be bothered voting one way or the other!

Later on I waited in the foyer to make a point of asking our paid official how on earth the proposal was accepted as there clearly was no majority in favour of the coiste bainisti sponsored recommendation. Here was the answer.

"Heres the way it is. If the delegates put their hands up or kept their hands down it didn't matter. Either way they are voting for the same thing"!! I swear to God that's the answer I was given. That was my only experience Culchie of a fully fledged county committee meeting and it was a pantomime. But thanks for bringing that up I wouldn't have got the opportunity to share that first hand example of how county business is conducted by our esteemed officials.

Keep firing the questions. There's loads more lol.

Bannside (ironically comes up as backside on auto predict), you've way too much time on your hands. I'm looking forward to the end of this process so we don't have to listen to your one sided, unashamedly bias promotion of the prospective new board. For the next couple of weeks try and be a little more analytical of each candidate.....oh and try and use less words.......Actually I'll settle for less PARAGRAPHS!!