Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: laoislad on September 29, 2021, 08:29:26 PM
Quote from: Rich Ricci on September 29, 2021, 04:27:40 PM
Big game for Utd tonight given our run of form (3 defeats in 4) and in terms of qualification from the group. You'd generally want to be taking 7 minimum from your home games but having lost probably our most winnable (on paper) away game will probably need to take maximum points at home.

AWB and Maguire out, shaw doubtful so could be looking at a defence of Dalot, Varane, Lindelof and Telles.
Could do with Man United winning the odd game here and there alright, don't think anyone wants to see Ole get the sack..!

Never in doubt  ;) 8)

Rich Ricci

Christ the night that was lucky. Took bit of brilliance from Telles to get them back into it. CR7 was fairly quiet all night but he got his chance at then end and thankfully he converted it.

Good to see De Gea back playing well, a few good saves in the first half kept Utd in it.

Dalot got roasted all night. Sancho really needs something to happen for him shortly, looks really short of confidence.

Armagh18

Ronaldos knack of goals at vital moments really is something else.

Cunny Funt

Late drama and you could say a trademark Champions league like win for United.

To be honest I expected a draw at best with such a patched up defence and record against Villarreal but Ronaldo as Gerry Armstrong said on the commentary is always capable of popping up with the winner. All subs introduced Cavani, Lingard and Fred was involved in that winner.

The win shouldn't cloud over what was a truly dreadful 1st half performance by United and only for Degea and a wasteful Villarreal they would have led about 3-0 at half time.

BennyCake

Big Ron is fond of taking the aul  shirt off.  Mind you , if I had a similar physique, I'd take me shirt off at every available opportunity  ;D

dec

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2021, 10:26:11 PM
Big Ron is fond of taking the aul  shirt off.  Mind you , if I had a similar physique, I'd take me shirt off at every available opportunity  ;D

Will the yellow cards he picks up for that come back to get him later in the season.

Gmac

Great little nudge out to Ronaldo by lingard , kept his head when easy to try hit yourself.

Armagh18

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2021, 10:26:11 PM
ffs if i was built like that i'd just paint a 7 on my back and not bother with the jersey.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 29, 2021, 10:12:21 PM

To be honest I expected a draw at best with such a patched up defence and record against Villarreal but Ronaldo as Gerry Armstrong said on the commentary is always capable of popping up with the winner. All subs introduced Cavani, Lingard and Fred was involved in that winner.

The win shouldn't cloud over what was a truly dreadful 1st half performance by United and only for Degea and a wasteful Villarreal they would have led about 3-0 at half time.

Agree with that. First 50 mins was shambolic. When Villareal scored, I found it very hard to see Utd coming back. But they did and a very, very welcome 3 points and it might be a bit of a confidence booster also.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2021, 09:09:34 AM

Agree with that. First 50 mins was shambolic. When Villareal scored, I found it very hard to see Utd coming back. But they did and a very, very welcome 3 points and it might be a bit of a confidence booster also.

With the squad they have (baring the obvious DM) they shouldn't need a confidence booster, they need to find the right team selection with the right style of play to facilitate the players they have. Who's job is that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2021, 09:12:47 AM

With the squad they have (baring the obvious DM) they shouldn't need a confidence booster, they need to find the right team selection with the right style of play to facilitate the players they have. Who's job is that?

Olé's of course and the coaching staff.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2021, 09:19:49 AM

Do you feel that he's had a winning formation or a consistent style of play since starting?

There has been moments of magic that have won games, and purely because they are better players that has worked, but when they come up against a better TEAM playing outfit they have been found out and struggle to score or go behind, they have went behind in so many games, and to be fair to them have also won probably the most games from going behind, its just not fluent enough for me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

To be honest, I haven't seen enough of them over the last 5 years to warrant an opinion on them. I don't have sky sports, but from what I read about them since OGS took over they do seem to have relied on individual moments to see games through and win.

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2021, 09:23:48 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2021, 09:19:49 AM

Do you feel that he's had a winning formation or a consistent style of play since starting?

There has been moments of magic that have won games, and purely because they are better players that has worked, but when they come up against a better TEAM playing outfit they have been found out and struggle to score or go behind, they have went behind in so many games, and to be fair to them have also won probably the most games from going behind, its just not fluent enough for me

I posted something similar the other day on the fact that there was no obvious style to United's play which is something you would expect from a manager in the job for 3 years. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2021, 09:31:40 AM
To be honest, I haven't seen enough of them over the last 5 years to warrant an opinion on them. I don't have sky sports, but from what I read about them since OGS took over they do seem to have relied on individual moments to see games through and win.

That's essentially it, along with an over dependence on penalties. There is a talented bunch there but there is no direction from what I can see. No structured game plan as such. Play on the break and hope to score.