European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You would feel sorry for him until you remember that he's one of the sneakiest about for diving.

From the Bunker

Bayern lost to third-tier FC Saarbrücken in the The DFB-Pokal (German Cup) in November. I still think they could take the Bundesliga. Big clubs can deal with the pressure of squeeky bum time as the games get bigger and their squad comes into effect.
They have a moderate draw of Lazio in the Champions league.

ONeill

Some story - Ivory Coast. Chaotic early on, lifted the title.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Man City v Copenhagen on RTE 2. Who wants to watch that?

Puckoon

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 13, 2024, 09:29:27 PMMan City v Copenhagen on RTE 2. Who wants to watch that?
There was only one other option?

statto

The champions league which was once a great competition has lost its appeal over last few years with traditional powers like Barcalona not being what once where and the Italian league dropping in standard.competition will only get worse with the new format coming.

Capt Pat

That penalty for Lazio and red card for Upemecano of Bayern has changed things. It was a stupid rash tackle from Upemecano.

Bayern are struggling now in a game they had the upper hand in.

imtommygunn

Against the run of play too.

It was odd watching that - the commentators didn't cop on at all a penalty had been given and then were shocked when a red card was given as they barely even seemed sure play had been stopped.

Very little urgency in that Bayern team. Kane gave it away a lot.

HiMucker

Quote from: statto on February 14, 2024, 06:56:52 AMThe champions league which was once a great competition has lost its appeal over last few years with traditional powers like Barcalona not being what once where and the Italian league dropping in standard.competition will only get worse with the new format coming.
I agree with what your saying but I actually fancy Inter to lift big ears this year.

markl121

Quote from: statto on February 14, 2024, 06:56:52 AMThe champions league which was once a great competition has lost its appeal over last few years with traditional powers like Barcalona not being what once where and the Italian league dropping in standard.competition will only get worse with the new format coming.
Inter and Roma both made the champions league and europa league finals last year? This year two of the premier league teams have been an embarrassment in the competition.

statto

Quote from: markl121 on February 15, 2024, 09:50:55 AM
Inter and Roma both made the champions league and europa league finals last year? This year two of the premier league teams have been an embarrassment in the competition.
The Europa league is a significant downgrade on the Champions League.  Inter beat benfica, porto, milan in the knockouts, so had a pretty hand run to the final compared to City who beat leipzig, bayern and madrid. 

Milltown Row2

If Liverpool don't win that competition then it will go down as the worst bottling job in history  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2024, 04:03:19 PMIf Liverpool don't win that competition then it will go down as the worst bottling job in history  ;D

Man Utd won that accolade already with their multiple bottle jobs in a gimme Champions League Group.

And all this with the most expensive football team in history.  ;D

Most expensive football team in history

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 15, 2024, 06:08:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2024, 04:03:19 PMIf Liverpool don't win that competition then it will go down as the worst bottling job in history  ;D

Man Utd won that accolade already with their multiple bottle jobs in a gimme Champions League Group.

Just the one bite... I'll take it  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2024, 06:40:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 15, 2024, 06:08:31 PM

Just the one bite... I'll take it  ;D

........and a big bite it was, thanks for leaving yourself open for a massive Dig ....... ;D