Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Everton may actually get out of danger if they keep playing like they did last night. They can forget about the next 2 games (Brighton and City), but they may pick up points from their last 2 games against teams on the beach.

imtommygunn

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2023, 09:54:39 PM
6 from 6 for Frank now...
Frank Lampard  Last 20 Games as manager : 1W 2D 17L

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Surely he's not employable after this? I think six league but maybe fa cup or champions league another.

gawa316

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2023, 10:18:13 PM
Surely he's not employable after this? I think six league but maybe fa cup or champions league another.

You would think so...maybe drop down a division but then would he get the paycheck he would want?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on May 02, 2023, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2023, 10:18:13 PM

You would think so...maybe drop down a division but then would he get the paycheck he would want?

You think he needs a decent paycheque? Probably needs to try out being a pundit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Has lost 17 out of last 20 matches....

Captain Scarlet

If top top bloke Lamps dropped a division he'd be shown up, unless Chelsea were willing to loan out serious young payers again.
All the poor Potter shite talk and you look at the team sheet. No excuse to be playing THAT badly.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

smort

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 03, 2023, 09:30:28 AM
If top top bloke Lamps dropped a division he'd be shown up, unless Chelsea were willing to loan out serious young payers again.
All the poor Potter shite talk and you look at the team sheet. No excuse to be playing THAT badly.

Tbf he had a decent record at derby.
Saying that, I just don't think he has what it takes to be a Premier league manager. He is living on name and playing reputation

lurganblue

Quote from: smort on May 03, 2023, 09:52:44 AM

Saying that, I just don't think he has what it takes to be a Premier league manager. He is living on name and playing reputation

It was just ok.  And his team included the likes of Mount and Tomori who were well above that level.

Garry Neville was completely laughed out of management forever and the same should happen here.

imtommygunn

Quote from: smort on May 03, 2023, 09:52:44 AM

His record was worse at derby than it was in his first stint at chelsea. The average points per game was lower and he got sacked at chelsea though different demands I guess.

trailer

Fat Frank hasn't a notion. And he'll probably never manage again.
But Chelsea are a mess. A bigger mess than Utd ever where. Enzo Fernandes is contracted until 2030!! Never mind the on field problems and by God they have plenty, there are massive off field problems coming fast this summer. A huge fire sale for sure. How deep are Todd Boehly's pockets? Is he willing to write off half a billion? Will he dump in another 0.5b? It is entirely possible that they go bust.

An absolute shitshow.

J70

Can Big Sam save Leeds?

City and Newcastle up next for them...

They are lucky in that given the fixtures they may only need a few points.