Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 03, 2017, 10:08:13 PM
Some of the posters going back and forward on this are clearly St Josephs and/or Barrowhouse. I have one important question.
When Josephs and Barrowhouse seemingly discussed a Gaels amalgamation last year at lenght. What stopped it from happening.
Was it Barrowhouse with unrealistic demands or Josephs refusing to bend?
I think it is an important question. If it was the former, then Barrowhouse have really cut their nose off to spite their face.

No demands were ever made about changing a jersey. This is pure speculation and wholly inaccurate. This is being confused with the juvenile amalgamation who were laughed at when Barrowhouse asked for a change of jersey to reflect the amalgamation. There has been an ill feeling from the majority of the Barrowhouse players about playing with Josephs even at Juvenile level for some time. The Daly situation reinforces this further. The amalgamation was going to kill Barrowhouse. Countless lads left on the line and starting to drift away from the game . Yes the elite prospered but the average player didn't get a run even if he was on a par of his Josephs counterparts. There is no room for development.

Josephs rejected the gaels team. Why only they can answer. Barrowhouse in my opinion didn't really care that it was rejected. There was no real appetite for it.They tried their best to facilitate Brian Daly.
The new amalgamation is a more equal footing. Barrowhouse having a lot of players from under 16 down. They need to be getting games which they were not in Josephs. In reality I know people will argue it suited Barrowhouse (Success etc etc) but it didn't they were the junior party and were treated as such.

Josephs have forced Barrowhouse's hand and they have acted.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 04, 2017, 10:39:51 AM
No demands were ever made about changing a jersey. This is pure speculation and wholly inaccurate. This is being confused with the juvenile amalgamation who were laughed at when Barrowhouse asked for a change of jersey to reflect the amalgamation. There has been an ill feeling from the majority of the Barrowhouse players about playing with Josephs even at Juvenile level for some time. The Daly situation reinforces this further. The amalgamation was going to kill Barrowhouse. Countless lads left on the line and starting to drift away from the game . Yes the elite prospered but the average player didn't get a run even if he was on a par of his Josephs counterparts. There is no room for development.

Josephs rejected the gaels team. Why only they can answer. Barrowhouse in my opinion didn't really care that it was rejected. There was no real appetite for it.They tried their best to facilitate Brian Daly.
The new amalgamation is a more equal footing. Barrowhouse having a lot of players from under 16 down. They need to be getting games which they were not in Josephs. In reality I know people will argue it suited Barrowhouse (Success etc etc) but it didn't they were the junior party and were treated as such.

Thank you.
That answers the questions.
Surely some accommodation could have been made in the juvenile jersey.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 04, 2017, 11:31:58 AM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 04, 2017, 10:39:51 AM

That answers the questions.
Surely some accommodation could have been made in the juvenile jersey.

Just another example of how a junior partner gets treated in a juvenile amalgamation. Go in on equal footing with a compromise jersey or suffer down the line.

High Fielder

It's simply not true to say that the majority of Barrowhouse lads resented playing with Joseph's. Those that were good enough got their game and won medals. I think someone on here is talking for a disgruntled one or two.

The issue with the jersey is an aside, and I would fully expect Barrowhouse to feel wronged if they weren't represented on the kit. But let's not get lost here. It is Dalys decision to request the move. He hasn't been coerced in any way. That is the fact of the matter as much as some people can't swallow it

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: High Fielder on February 04, 2017, 02:24:01 PM
It's simply not true to say that the majority of Barrowhouse lads resented playing with Joseph's. Those that were good enough got their game and won medals. I think someone on here is talking for a disgruntled one or two.

The issue with the jersey is an aside, and I would fully expect Barrowhouse to feel wronged if they weren't represented on the kit. But let's not get lost here. It is Dalys decision to request the move. He hasn't been coerced in any way. That is the fact of the matter as much as some people can't swallow it

Exactly the Elite prospered the rest were left behind. You have answered my question exactly the move happened as many youngsters were not getting games. Daly the Baldwins would have been Laois under 21s/ seniors with or without Josephs. The Daly thing just brought the debate to a head. You can be blinded by success at underage level. When it is really about developing players so that they can contribute to the clubs adult team.

Josephs have caused this by not treating Barrowhouse as an equal partner. The coercion or otherwise of Daly was the straw that broke the camels back.

High Fielder

More than those 3 lads played with Josephs. Go back a few years and Barrowhouse had at least a third of another winning Under 21 team. They too were good enough and got their game. You're being very economical with your facts and the biggest lie you are telling, the biggest lie of all, is that Josephs went after him. That is simply not true. Brian Daly wants to play for St Josephs.

I'm sure, very sure in fact, that not all Josephs lads got the desired game time. Yes Barrowhouse were the junior partner, but there were no injustices. I think whoever is fuelling your fire has an axe to grind, and that's fair enough, but there is more than a hint of sour grapes about your posts. Still, if there is a silver lining, it is that Barrowhouse by all accounts are now training in numbers. And, they have not only joined with Killeen, but also got Killeen to play with Kilcruise. Good luck to all I say. Quare times in that part of the world.

The Monument Road

Quote from: High Fielder on February 04, 2017, 04:07:09 PM
More than those 3 lads played with Josephs. Go back a few years and Barrowhouse had at least a third of another winning Under 21 team. They too were good enough and got their game. You're being very economical with your facts and the biggest lie you are telling, the biggest lie of all, is that Josephs went after him. That is simply not true. Brian Daly wants to play for St Josephs.

I'm sure, very sure in fact, that not all Josephs lads got the desired game time. Yes Barrowhouse were the junior partner, but there were no injustices. I think whoever is fuelling your fire has an axe to grind, and that's fair enough, but there is more than a hint of sour grapes about your posts. Still, if there is a silver lining, it is that Barrowhouse by all accounts are now training in numbers. And, they have not only joined with Killeen, but also got Killeen to play with Kilcruise. Good luck to all I say. Quare times in that part of the world.
Wait until Kileen start POACHING THE Baldwin boys. :'( :-X

Pablo Escobar

I hear they resisted your attempts Monument Road but then again Killeen are a more talented outfit 😉

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on February 04, 2017, 05:30:09 PM
I hear they resisted your attempts Monument Road but then again Killeen are a more talented outfit 😉
love it... 8)

clonadmad

Under age fixtures due out next Friday

clonadmad

The following is the Laois Under-14 Football Panel for 2017. Congratulations to all the players who were successful in the trials.

The Laois Under-14 management would like to thank everyone who turned up for the trials.

Eoin Connolly (Ballyfin)

Josh Kelly (Crettyard)

Sam Krebs (St Paul's)

Daragh Brennan (St Joseph's)

Thomas Byrne (St Joseph's)

Tiernan Cahill (Ballyroan Abbey)

Adam Delaney (St Joseph's)

Simon Fingleton (Park Ratheniska)

Iarlaith Galvin (Portarlington)

Lochlann Kelleher (Barrowhouse)

Conor Kelly (Graiguecullen)

Ben Lalor (The Heath)

Daire McDonald (Stradbally)

Conor McWey (Ballyroan Abbey)

Davin McEvoy (Ballyroan Abbey)

Joseph Morrin (St Joseph's)

David O'Brien (The Heath)

Dillon Payne (Mountmellick)

Jamie Preston (Portlaoise)

Ben Reddin (Portlaoise)

Darragh Scully (Clonaslee St Manman's)

Jack Tobin (Portlaoise)

Michael Wall (Arles-Killeen)

Dan Daly (The Heath)

Lee Day (Barrowhouse)

Odhran Delaney (Ballyroan Abbey)

Ben Dempsey (Portlaoise)

Michael Downey (Ballylinan)

Colin Dunne (Arles-Killeen)

Shaun Fitzpatrick (Ballyroan Abbey)

Oisin Hooney (St Joseph's)

Luke Kelly (Stradbally)

Alan McWey (Ballyroan Abbey)

Dylan Murphy (Portarlington)

Michael O'Connor (Ballyroan Abbey)

Aaron O'Connor (Portarlington)

Brian Smith (Portlaoise)

Adrian Tynan (St Paul's)

Bryan Walsh (Ballyfin)

PJ Ward (Portarlington)

DJ White (Portlaoise)

Ballyroan Abbey

No athletic spink lads robbing places off the bigger clubs on this panel no sir

clonadmad

At least the football is in place no sign of similar happening with the hurling

clonadmad

Laois Under-15 Hurling Panel has been announced.

The coaches would like to thank everyone who attended the trials.

Aaron
Brennan
Abbeyleix

Adam
Broady
Abbeyleix

Robert
Corkish
Abbeyleix

Eoghan
Dunne
Abbeyleix