The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 05, 2018, 01:36:48 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 05, 2018, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2018, 03:23:52 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 05, 2018, 03:04:13 AM
More bullshit waffle from the forum's chief Trump sycophant.

A cheerleader with a short skirt and pom poms without a trace of balls to admit what they are.

Like Richard Hammond and Jeff Flake, you're trapped between two different forms of cowardice.

Why did Hillary lose?

For exhibit A please see above
You and all the other far right fruitcakes need to abandon your irrational obsession with the Clintons. It's really unhealthy. Sort of Gemma O'Doherty-esque.

Believing in law and order/innocent until proven guilty = "far right fruitcake"?

I know none of us here affect American elections but if conversations like this are occurring across the states then we are in for two terms of Trump. Democrats are isolating themselves from the middle/swing voter by indulging these people.

Can you tell me whether you believe John Paul Stevens believes in law and order or not?

Or whether he believes in the principle of innocent until proven guilty?

I won't bother asking whether you think Donald Trump belives in the principle of innocent until proven guilty, because the answer to that is patently obvious.

Are you able to debate using anything other than straw men?

seafoid

A cheerleader with a short skirt and pom poms without a trace of balls to admit what they are.

Like Richard Hammond and Jeff Flake, you're trapped between two different forms of cowardice.

Why did Hillary lose?

You and all the other far right fruitcakes need to abandon your irrational obsession with the Clintons. It's really unhealthy. Sort of Gemma O'Doherty-esque.

Believing in law and order/innocent until proven guilty = "far right fruitcake"?

I know none of us here affect American elections but if conversations like this are occurring across the states then we are in for two terms of Trump. Democrats are isolating themselves from the middle/swing voter by indulging these people.
Does Law and order include presidential taunts? The GOP is no longer a Conservative party.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

pbat

I think the clip of Trump getting onto the plane with loo roll stuck to his shoe  says a lot about how even his staff and secret service view him that not one of them told him.

It may seem trival but you can't imagine that ever happening to Obama, May, Merkel. Jesus am at Gatwick now and if I seen it happen someone I would point it out.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2018, 01:45:51 PM

Why did Hillary lose?

Does Law and order include presidential taunts? The GOP is no longer a Conservative party.

He shouldn't have done that. It was wrong. But I look at policy more than rhetoric.

joemamas

Why did Hillary lose?

I live in the US, so I will give you my two cents.

you are so correct on last point.

What do dems stand for, they don't even know. they don't have a leg to stand on regarding the economy.

Reality is that the economy is booming, the unemployment rate fell to 3.7% this morning, lowest since 1969.
Corporate tax cuts and less regulation across all industries are helping capital spending= more jobs being created by small to mid sized companies=higher salaries, I sincerely doubt that Amazon upped their minimum wage to $15 this week just because they wanted to be nice. The most likely did it to hold on to workers. That is a huge positive, and from what you read salary increases are occurring industry wide, which is great. wages and benefits for lower paid workers were too low to sustain a decent living.

In Short;
Dem strategy appears to be pro worker but anti-business. Reality it does not work.
Republician strategy is to cut corporate and individual taxes, reduce regulations, encourage companies to set up shop here hire more people, and the increased tax receipts from higher GDP will hopefully pay for additional services.

At the moment here, despite all the negative sh*t you are bombarded with on the TV,  consumer confidence is very high, I travel a good bit for work and it genuinely seems to be not just in the North East.

Finally, Can Trump take all the credit, no. Do I agree with everything he does, absolutely not, However he has a business background and he has listened (sometimes) to some bright people and two years into his presidency his pro business policies are now paying dividends for workers.

As for the Dems, (my wife is a registered one), and she has even admitted that the current strategy of trying to stop Kavanaugh is all about getting their base motivated ahead of the mid-term elections. As for their economic strategy, non existent.

J70

Quote from: joemamas on October 05, 2018, 02:16:02 PM

Why did Hillary lose?

What do dems stand for, they don't even know. they don't have a leg to stand on regarding the economy.

Reality is that the economy is booming, the unemployment rate fell to 3.7% this morning, lowest since 1969.
Corporate tax cuts and less regulation across all industries are helping capital spending= more jobs being created by small to mid sized companies=higher salaries, I sincerely doubt that Amazon upped their minimum wage to $15 this week just because they wanted to be nice. The most likely did it to hold on to workers. That is a huge positive, and from what you read salary increases are occurring industry wide, which is great. wages and benefits for lower paid workers were too low to sustain a decent living.

In Short;
Dem strategy appears to be pro worker but anti-business. Reality it does not work.
Republician strategy is to cut corporate and individual taxes, reduce regulations, encourage companies to set up shop here hire more people, and the increased tax receipts from higher GDP will hopefully pay for additional services.

At the moment here, despite all the negative sh*t you are bombarded with on the TV,  consumer confidence is very high, I travel a good bit for work and it genuinely seems to be not just in the North East.

Finally, Can Trump take all the credit, no. Do I agree with everything he does, absolutely not, However he has a business background and he has listened (sometimes) to some bright people and two years into his presidency his pro business policies are now paying dividends for workers.

As for the Dems, (my wife is a registered one), and she has even admitted that the current strategy of trying to stop Kavanaugh is all about getting their base motivated ahead of the mid-term elections. As for their economic strategy, non existent.

Seriously??

I keep asking my GOP acquaintances who are forever boasting about the employment rate or using it to justify their support of Trump to point out the inflection point in the unemployment trends, Still waiting...

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

As for what the Dems stand for? (I'm a little rushed, but can expand later).

Opposition to the extremism of Trump and his minions is justification alone, whether its on his callous treatment of and rhetoric on immigrants or muslims, his appalling record on the environment, his support of corporatism over the rights of the individual at every turn, LGBT stuff and so on and on. That's before you even get into his personal conduct and corruption.

seafoid

Quote from: joemamas on October 05, 2018, 02:16:02 PM

Why did Hillary lose?

In Short;

The deficit is now $1 tn
The GOP want to slash Medicare and Medicaid spending to cover the tax cuts.
Real unemployment is a good bit higher than 3.7% when you include all the people who dropped out of the job market
There's going to be another crash because of all the mispriced debt. Every minute $11 million in debt is pumped into the global economy by the ultra rich. It pumps up asset prices in the world's biggest ever asset bubble. Asset bubbles are good for consumer confidence but they all burst.
As Albert Edwards says the Fed tightens until something breaks. In 2008 it was Lehman Brothers.

seafoid

Guardian

"Judiciary committee chairman Chuck Grassley said the report contained "nothing that we didn't already know".

The investigation worked beautifully

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2018, 03:03:32 PM
Guardian

"Judiciary committee chairman Chuck Grassley said the report contained "nothing that we didn't already know".

Apart from the fact that (seemingly) Fords attorneys contacted potential witnesses and pressured them to change/alter their testimony

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2018, 03:12:37 PM
Guardian

Apart from the fact that (seemingly) Fords attorneys contacted potential witnesses and pressured them to change/alter their testimony
The GOP refused to release reams of docs re Kavanaugh who lied under oath

Michael Gerson

@MJGerson

"The GOP is being rallied to an important public purpose by a total creep. The president has written misogyny into the Republican platform. It is impossible to take his side without the slime rubbing off."

You would wonder what Lincoln would say about the state of the party.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2018, 03:23:11 PM
Guardian

Michael Gerson

@MJGerson

"The GOP is being rallied to an important public purpose by a total creep. The president has written misogyny into the Republican platform. It is impossible to take his side without the slime rubbing off."

They had more documentation than the prior 5 justices combined

They had over 300 rulings he had written

They had a 12 year track record on the 2nd highest court in the land

Do you want his drawings from junior infants too?

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2018, 03:40:46 PM
Guardian

Michael Gerson

@MJGerson

Let's hope you and your fellow travelers are similarly cavalier when some Democratic administration veteran-turned judge is up for consideration.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2018, 03:40:46 PM
Guardian

Michael Gerson

@MJGerson

Do you believe the President is above the law, Whitey?
Do you believe environmental protection is unconstitutional?

Gabriel_Hurl

Carrying water for a raging drunk - never change whitey

Kickham csc

Guardian

But that was always going to be the case. On CNN they have an ex FBI law enforcement contributor, and he said that without a date / time / location info, it was impossible for law enforcement to collaborate Prof Fords allegation.

And her friend at the party state that she didn't know of anything happening

So it was always going to be difficult to collaborate her story.

For me, this is why the Dems needed to provide the letter during the screening process in June, and in doing so, possibly give the  FBI extra time to find collaborating evidence.

As a dem voter, I'm disappointed at how this played out. As I've said before, this sham doesn't help Prof Ford, and tarnishes the judges reputation without giving him the change to clear his name (if innocent).

If also provides the GOP a rallying call for the mid terms and in 2 years.