Car Insurance!!!!!

Started by balladmaker, January 21, 2010, 07:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on July 05, 2024, 04:27:13 PM
Quote from: Delgany 2nds on July 05, 2024, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2024, 12:33:08 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 04, 2024, 11:24:04 PMCheers lads. I'll pass all that info to the boss. Delgany that link looks useful.

Make sure that at least one parent is on the policy, ideally one parent owns the yoke and adds the youth as a named driver.

Fronting a policy can be an issue if something goes wrong !

Yeah I had this issue once when I worked in Insurance. Insurance policy was under the Dad's name with the Mum and daughter named on the policy.

Daughter got into an accident and lo and behold the car was in her name. It was a massive headache and we were lucky the insurance company still covered the accident and only insisted on paying the difference in Premium which was £500.

Quote from: Delgany 2nds on July 05, 2024, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2024, 12:33:08 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 04, 2024, 11:24:04 PMCheers lads. I'll pass all that info to the boss. Delgany that link looks useful.

Make sure that at least one parent is on the policy, ideally one parent owns the yoke and adds the youth as a named driver.

Fronting a policy can be an issue if something goes wrong !

I am not proposing "fronting" a policy. I am suggesting that these people live in the same household and make use of cars there. Plenty of cars are owned by parents and mostly driven by children, but the insurance company think that the offspring might be more careful in that scenario and the parent might insist that they were.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

Who's your house insurance with lads? I paid £270 last year with a company called GetSafe who have now been taken over and won't offer me any cover. The cheapest quote I can get now is £580.

I've tried those not on the comparison sites like Axa/Aviva/Admiral/LV/Direct Line and no luck yet.

JohnDenver

Quote from: screenexile on July 09, 2024, 09:12:53 AMWho's your house insurance with lads? I paid £270 last year with a company called GetSafe who have now been taken over and won't offer me any cover. The cheapest quote I can get now is £580.

I've tried those not on the comparison sites like Axa/Aviva/Admiral/LV/Direct Line and no luck yet.

Had been with axa ni for years and their price was mad this year and no wriggle room. Can't remember exact figures, but there was enough of a difference for me to leave.

Abbeyautoline now for just under £400

Milltown Row2

There is a saving on getting fully comp and third party fire and thief
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Quote from: screenexile on July 09, 2024, 09:12:53 AMWho's your house insurance with lads? I paid £270 last year with a company called GetSafe who have now been taken over and won't offer me any cover. The cheapest quote I can get now is £580.

Same as myself with that GetSafe crowd. To be honest I was never convinced by it as it was so cheap in comparison to others over the last few years. Never had to claim to verify that but just the feeling I got.

Had to take the hit and go with Axa. I think it was around the £600 mark for the year which seems to be the standard now.

RedHand88

Admiral were cheapest for me. Group it in with the wife's car and the house insurance and its 1450 or so. Hasn't changed much in last few years.

tbrick18

I had a similar issue with my insurer and had previously set it to auto renew as it was so cheap so never gave it a thought.
Only to realise I'd gone almost 2 years without insurance as they stopped covering NI. When I went to re-quote, prices were sky high (000s) as I have a gap in my insurance.
Still havent found a replacement for reasonable money.