The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Where did Ryle Nugent go?  Pleasure watching RTE Rugby now.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 02, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
England's heavies getting beat up the real heavy Mob. Obvious now England played exceptional against New Zealand who themselves were very poor on the day.

Fair to say that South Africa played exceptional and England very poor today. What odds were the springboks before this tournament  started? Many Irish thought they could beat them if they played them in the quarter finals.

gallsman

Any Irishman who believed that is a moron. SA win the rugby championship and drew away to NZ. Their form was ominous.

Tony Baloney

Most Irish I know believed a 1/4 vs RSA or the All Blacks was the end of the road.

Capt Pat

A surprising result today. I really thought England had it in the bag after the New Zealand performance. Tuilagi hardly got the ball today. South africa controlled most of the game.

under the bar

Typical English media. First question to Eddie Jones at pitch-side was "do you view that as success or failure?"

Gmac

Field position is nearly as important in rugby now as it is in Amercian football sa played a lot of the game in England's  half , scrum and line out still very important won them the game .

Wildweasel74

That's team or Alot of it lost a game 57_nil 2yrs ago

Milltown Row2

There was about 6 times they asked the players about not getting on the pitch for warm up due to being in traffic! That was the excuse the media was pushing!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 03, 2019, 09:23:54 AM
Heaslip clarifies. Very strange stuff

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/jamie-heaslip-apologises-for-unintentional-error-of-detail-after-confirming-that-he-did-not-fail-drug-test-38655719.html

Yeah this is just a strange affair all round - Heaslip does not come off very intelligent in this, but from what I know about him he's not exactly undereducated either.

AZOffaly

Just a pity it's not until next season.

Estimator

Saracens docked 35 points and fined £5.3m for breaching salary cap rules - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50300756

Just looking at their line up:
George, Farrell, Vunipola brothers, Itoje, Kruis, Daly

Plus:
Williams (Wales)
Maitland and Taylor (Scotland)
Koch (SA)

No wonder they have breached the salary cap.

Will they lose any titles won over the last few years??
Ulster League Champions 2009