Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

unfortunately sky sports news is not one of the channels you can watch to avoid it !!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 09, 2022, 10:50:08 AM
unfortunately sky sports news is not one of the channels you can watch to avoid it !!!!

There is no sport on so get streaming all the games this weekend around the country, or head out and watch your club, I'll be attending games Friday Sat and Sun.. no soccer distractions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2022, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: general_lee on September 09, 2022, 10:28:11 AM
Anyone who supports the monarchy in this day and age (especially anyone from a working class background) is a f**king moron. £12m of taxpayers' money, as opposed to their own funds, to keep Andy's victim quiet. The monarchy offers absolutely nothing to society, strip them of their assets, let them keep their titles and let them survive in the real world and they can carry out their royal duties as a side hustle.

I agree, any monarchy is or has no real point, I asked the question yesterday are they the richest monarchy, they aint event close it seems, some countries are seem a hell of a lot worse off when it comes to kings/queens ripping them off..

The problem is they don't get to choose, their only way out is what Harry has tried to do and it comes with a heap of shit, the 'original' king who fecked off with Miss Simpson had the right idea and left all that hassle behind him
All they have to do is convert to Catholicism  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2022, 10:55:16 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 09, 2022, 10:50:08 AM

There is no sport on so get streaming all the games this weekend around the country, or head out and watch your club, I'll be attending games Friday Sat and Sun.. no soccer distractions

thanks for the advice...watching SSN or attending local matches or even those further a field or streaming online isn't a one or the other!!! i manage to do both... Also sport happens all over the world, its games just not happening in UK that are likely cancelled...

J70

Anyone who supports the monarchy in this day and age (especially anyone from a working class background) is a f**king moron. £12m of taxpayers' money, as opposed to their own funds, to keep Andy's victim quiet. The monarchy offers absolutely nothing to society, strip them of their assets, let them keep their titles and let them survive in the real world and they can carry out their royal duties as a side hustle.

I think that's the case with most of them these days beyond the immediate succession part of the family.

Even the aforementioned Andy, don't his kids have (relatively) normal jobs and careers?

RedHand88

Well there is a role for the Monarchy. Without it, parliament can pass anything it likes if the government has enough numbers without signing off from the King or Queen, as the UK does not have a constitution. Is that a world you want to live in? It's a scary prospect.

Franko

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 09, 2022, 12:59:43 PM

Well there is a role for the Monarchy. Without it, parliament can pass anything it likes if the government has enough numbers without signing off from the King or Queen, as the UK does not have a constitution. Is that a world you want to live in? It's a scary prospect.

2 Questions before we entertain this 'scary prospect'

How many times has the monarch refused to pass legislation which parliament has approved?

Plenty of countries manage just fine with an elected head of state. So why do we need a monarchy to perform this role? 

Milltown Row2

Will Smith should get an invite, as long as there are no jokes...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Eire90 on September 09, 2022, 10:41:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2022, 09:57:32 AM
Do yourself a favour and don't watch or put it on the radio... you really are silly if you're listening to something you don't want to hear about

exactly there is plenty of other stuff you can watch or listen to if you want to not hear it
I'm delighted to see that Expanded TV and Babenation are broadcasting as normal
Careful now

RedHand88

Quote from: Franko on September 09, 2022, 01:06:30 PM

How many times has the monarch refused to pass legislation which parliament has approved?

Plenty of countries manage just fine with an elected head of state. So why do we need a monarchy to perform this role?

1930s Germany didn't need monarchy approval on legislation.

It did have the Weimar constitution which was supposed to be the oversight. However it was seriously flawed and allowed the Nazis to rise to power without any big fuss.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 09, 2022, 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on September 09, 2022, 10:41:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2022, 09:57:32 AM
Do yourself a favour and don't watch or put it on the radio... you really are silly if you're listening to something you don't want to hear about

exactly there is plenty of other stuff you can watch or listen to if you want to not hear it
I'm delighted to see that Expanded TV and Babenation are broadcasting as normal

Is it still free for ten minutes? Asking for a friend

With all the poems going out for Liz,  I'm hoping Giggsy doesn't pen one! 

Franko

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 09, 2022, 01:20:36 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 09, 2022, 01:06:30 PM

1930s Germany didn't need monarchy approval on legislation.

It did have the Weimar constitution which was supposed to be the oversight. However it was seriously flawed and allowed the Nazis to rise to power without any big fuss.

A harrowing tale.

It doesn't answer any of my questions though.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 08, 2022, 09:55:24 PM
Laughed my balls off there,well know Chuckie from South Derry giving Eastwood dogs abuse on Twitter then Michelle tweets almost identical tweet and he likes it

Which twitter account was that? Had a look at negative replies to Colum and not one of the tweeters had liked Michelle O'Neill's tweet that I could see?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on September 09, 2022, 02:07:55 PM
Laughed my balls off there,well know Chuckie from South Derry giving Eastwood dogs abuse on Twitter then Michelle tweets almost identical tweet and he likes it

Which twitter account was that? Had a look at negative replies to Colum and not one of the tweeters had liked Michelle O'Neill's tweet that I could see?

Lol you gack, you actually went and checked. Sado. There are 10k likes. Away and boil yer head man

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 09, 2022, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 09, 2022, 02:07:55 PM

Lol you gack, you actually went and checked. Sado. There are 10k likes. Away and boil yer head man
I checked too and he's right, you're talking balls. But sure anything to manufacture an untrue dig at SF that you think people won't check eh