Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Canalman on October 11, 2013, 09:54:25 AM
General  Vo Nguyen Giap died last week I just heard. Thought he was dead years ago tbh. Vietnamese general with a fairly impressive cv.

Aye there were some people killed during his time alright.

AQMP

Convicted Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke aged 100.

mouview

Ed Lauter, character actor. You knew his face.

T Fearon

Tommy Mc Conville Dundalk FC and Clan Na Gael.Watched him at Oriel Park many times in the late 70s early 80s,against PSV Eindhoven(Van der Kherkov twins) Spurs (Hoddle Ardliles etc), Celtic (Bobby Lennox) in European competition,and none of those three sides won there.Played until the age of 42.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: T Fearon on October 25, 2013, 07:47:13 PM
Tommy Mc Conville Dundalk FC and Clan Na Gael.Watched him at Oriel Park many times in the late 70s early 80s,against PSV Eindhoven(Van der Kherkov twins) Spurs (Hoddle Ardliles etc), Celtic (Bobby Lennox) in European competition,and none of those three sides won there.Played until the age of 42.

I dread this thread at times, really saddened by Tommy's death. Some player and held in the highest regard throughout the Island of Ireland and beyond. May he rest in peace.

Remember the Spurs game well, lost on away goals, that was some team, I doubt we will ever see their likes again, 'mon the town.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

T Fearon

Great team alright! I remember Tommy's late brother,Brian,dying in his 30s.Blackmore,Martin and Mick Lawlor,Dunning,Leo Flanagan,Hilary Carlyle,Jimmy Dainty and Dermot Keeley,teak tough defender and captain.Used to travel regularly from Portadown to watch them.

Incidentally Spurs won the tie 2-1 on aggregate (not on away goals), 1 all at Oriel before Dundalk lost narrowly 1 nil at White Hart Lane.The closest of all was Celtic,3-2 down from the first leg in Glasgow,Dundalk missed a glorious goal scoring opportunity late on in the second leg at Oriel,which finished 0-0.A 1 nil win would have put them into the quarter finals and a tie with Real Madrid.

AQMP

John "Gypie" Mayo, guitarist with Dr Feelgood.  He replaced Wilko Johnson in the band.  Sadly Wilko too has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

ziggysego

Marcia Wallace, who voiced Edna on "The Simpsons," died last night at 70.
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

Kadir Nurman. One of the men credited with inventing the doner kebab has died in Germany at the age of 80.

:-\

Gaffer

Lou Reed  has taken a walk on the wild side!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Tony Baloney

As a mark of respect to Lou Reed, I have had his initials inscribed upon my headphones*.

*Shamelessly ripped off from Twitter.

Lecale2

RIP. Still good Tony!

mouview

Nigel Davenport, British actor, Chariots Of Fire, A Man For All Seasons etc.

ballinaman

The man who collapsed at the finish line of the Dublin Marathon on Monday passed away today.

RIP

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dublin-marathon-runner-dies-following-collapse-on-monday-29712049.html

moysider