The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 31, 2017, 10:31:27 PM
By the way, how good was Kante tonight, he was bloody everywhere. I thought it wasn't Hendersons best night in general play, but he put in a great ball for the goal, had another couple of really dangerous deliveries and made a vital, vital tackle on Pedro. He's no World beater, but he is very important to that team and they are far better when he is there .

Was gonna post similar, he was head and shoulders motm

supersub

Henderson was excellent tonight. He really gels the team together. Hopefully he can continue to excel over the second half of the season and lead by example.

The Stallion

Quote from: supersub on January 31, 2017, 10:39:50 PM
Henderson was excellent tonight. He really gels the team together. Hopefully he can continue to excel over the second half of the season and lead by example.

Lol. Delusional

laoislad

Quote from: supersub on January 31, 2017, 10:39:50 PM
His pass to Milner for the goal was excellent.  Also made a brilliant last ditch tackle on Pedro I think. Have seen him play better but he certainly had a decent game tonight. 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minus15

Was watching that delayed and just finished it. If only Firmino had his finishing boots on today.

Can seemed to push up in the second half which helped going forward rather than him and Henderson getting in each other's way.

It was much better tonight and is just a pity they couldn't sneak the win. At least that is January over.

A couple of things, Mignolet wouldn't have saved the free kick but he needs to be more switched on in those situations. The Liverpool goalkeepers are easy targets for criticism but you can't say that his error caused a goal in that situation. If that happened to Courtois there wouldn't be the same I told you so bull. The backpasses and posession between him, Matip and Lovren give me the heebie jeebies.

Matip was careless and poor in possession many times and seemed to be rattled by Costa. A nervous performance from him culminating in the penalty. Great save by Mignolet.

I thought Lallana's work off the ball was immense. If we can get Coutinho and Firmino sharp again the team will do alright.

Origi on at the end ahead of Sturridge confirms what we have been saying about him. Crying out for a goal but once Mane was on the field none of the other subs were going to make the team stronger. I wasn't disappointed that Sturridge didn't come on at all.

Chelsea are an excellent side though and you would have to say that nobody else looks capable of catching them at this stage.

On a side note, as annoying as the man love was between Gerrard and Terry, I enjoyed their wee interview prematch.

AZOffaly

Jays lads as frustrating as it is supporting Liverpool at times I can honestly say I can't remember then not trying. I've seen them careless, unimaginative,  brainless (hi Lucas) and chronic bad but I always felt like they are doing their best. That Arsenal first half performance v Watford was shameful.

Minus15

Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2017, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Caught the last 20 mins.. Decent enough without being sharp  enough in the final third from what I seen.  Can still see Liverpool finishing 2nd tbh
Spurs Arsenal and City are 3 of the next 6 games.  Will be interesting to see where we are after that!

Does anyone know if Spurs Or Manchester United win the Europa League and also finish in the top 4 do England get an extra Champions League place?

Not sure for definite, laoislad but I think the only way you get 5 is if a team wins the Europa league and finishes outside top 4 as would have been the case last season had Liverpool won it. Pretty sure that rule is to award the team with a greater prize rather than the country they come from.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2017, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Caught the last 20 mins.. Decent enough without being sharp  enough in the final third from what I seen.  Can still see Liverpool finishing 2nd tbh
Spurs Arsenal and City are 3 of the next 6 games.  Will be interesting to see where we are after that!

Does anyone know if Spurs Or Manchester United win the Europa League and also finish in the top 4 do England get an extra Champions League place?

Yes, rule was changed a few years back. Europa league winners place is independent of domestic league quotas. Dont think Seville finished in top 4 of La Liga last year?

Boycey

Sorry I think I may have misinterpreted question, no 5th won't get in regardless.

johnneycool

Quote from: Boycey on January 31, 2017, 10:39:18 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 31, 2017, 10:31:27 PM
By the way, how good was Kante tonight, he was bloody everywhere. I thought it wasn't Hendersons best night in general play, but he put in a great ball for the goal, had another couple of really dangerous deliveries and made a vital, vital tackle on Pedro. He's no World beater, but he is very important to that team and they are far better when he is there .

Was gonna post similar, he was head and shoulders motm

Kante has some engine in him, never stopped running and tackling and not the worst at passing forward. MOTM for me irrespective of Glenn Hoddle giving it to Luiz.

Henderson getting a hard time from some and he has his problems, but he bailed Milner and the centre backs (Loveren in particular) on several occasions.

Firmino should have got the hook rather than Coutinho, terrible effort just after half time and shit header at the end.

Gabriel_Hurl

Kante has made more tackles than anyone in the Premier League over the last 3 seasons.

He's actually only played in 1 and a half seasons in the league 

Boycey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 01, 2017, 01:40:48 PM
Kante has made more tackles than anyone in the Premier League over the last 3 seasons.

He's actually only played in 1 and a half seasons in the league

I saw that this morning but wondered was it one of those internet myths that gain traction every now and then..

Minus15