Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: burdizzo on March 28, 2023, 09:54:28 PM
Pushing multiculturalism makes more a less cohesive, more fragmented community, where trust levels are lower. Why would you want that?

Bet you won't get to the last sentence, by the way.  (And, fair enough - I don't have all night, either.)
Oh please f**k off with your right wing bullshit. Having right wing governments makes "less cohesive, more fragmented communities"

burdizzo

Quote from: smelmoth on March 28, 2023, 10:04:34 PM
Pushing multiculturalism makes more a less cohesive, more fragmented community, where trust levels are lower. Why would you want that?

Bet you won't get to the last sentence, by the way.  (And, fair enough - I don't have all night, either.)
At this rate of going it will take a while. Regrettable but we will get there.

We are still stuck on the first sentence.

You say "pushing" multiculturalism is a sin. I'm not sure who is pushing it but we can deal with that as part B of dealing with this infernal first sentence. 

What is sinful about multiculturalism? Need multiculturalism necessarily fragmented a community? Personally I prefer cosmopolitanism to multiculturalism but latter really shouldn't be keeping people awake at night.

Should I be trusting someone less because where they are from, or their skin pigmentation or their culture? I'm not sure you are going as you are not yet making a lot of sense. But I'm very patient. Whatever your culture. Have another go

We were on about Philly McMahon and his pro-refugee stance, and comparing it to Kellie Harrington. That's the who. Need it necessarily? There are plenty of studies to show it does - the idea being that different value systems that are not compatible lead to less trust. Most people seek out those they have more in common with.

By the way, cut out the condescending tone.

burdizzo

Quote from: general_lee on March 28, 2023, 10:11:52 PM

Oh please f**k off with your right wing bullshit. Having right wing governments makes "less cohesive, more fragmented communities"

You're probably on about the British Tories. I can assure you, I don't think they're anything to aspire to.

smelmoth

Quote from: burdizzo on March 28, 2023, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 28, 2023, 10:04:34 PM

At this rate of going it will take a while. Regrettable but we will get there.

We are still stuck on the first sentence.

You say "pushing" multiculturalism is a sin. I'm not sure who is pushing it but we can deal with that as part B of dealing with this infernal first sentence. 

What is sinful about multiculturalism? Need multiculturalism necessarily fragmented a community? Personally I prefer cosmopolitanism to multiculturalism but latter really shouldn't be keeping people awake at night.

Should I be trusting someone less because where they are from, or their skin pigmentation or their culture? I'm not sure you are going as you are not yet making a lot of sense. But I'm very patient. Whatever your culture. Have another go

We were on about Philly McMahon and his pro-refugee stance, and comparing it to Kellie Harrington. That's the who. Need it necessarily? There are plenty of studies to show it does - the idea being that different value systems that are not compatible lead to less trust. Most people seek out those they have more in common with.

By the way, cut out the condescending tone.

I will try to decipher.

I asked you who is pushing multiculturalism. You seem to answering: Philly MacMahon. So multiculturalism in Ireland is being "pushed" by Philly MacMahon. What power he wields!

You were asked what was "sinful" ( your words) about multiculturalism. You seem to be answering: TBC. Hardly impressive.

You were asked need multiculturalism "fragment a community" (your words). You seem to be answering: Yes and it's been proven in studies. Care to point to these studies? I'm hoping for the sake of your credibility that these Studies are not from some opaque think tank that promotes hate.

You were asked should we trust people less because of cultural differences. You seem to be answering: Yes. What is this based upon? Have you tried trusting people? What has the problem been? Or is it that people from other cultures find you untrustworthy?

And you throw in a line that most people seek out those they have more in common with. There is no inherent truth in what you state. Many, many seek out new and interesting conversations, experiences and relationships. Those in the latter camp seem to be happier and live more fulfilled lives. It would strange to tell these people they are wrong. These people also find it less difficult to be compassionate. It's very sad when humans lose compassion. It makes them less human in the sense that they fall tragically short of what humanity can achieve. Very saddening. Such a waste.

smelmoth

Quote from: burdizzo on March 28, 2023, 10:25:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 28, 2023, 10:11:52 PM

You're probably on about the British Tories. I can assure you, I don't think they're anything to aspire to.

Nor mimic

johnnycool

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 28, 2023, 07:46:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2023, 01:28:46 PM
If you want to publicize your opinions, you need to be prepared to defend them. That's the way free speech works. Obviously she was not prepared or able to defend herself. Next time hopefully she'll be smarter about what she says or tweets.

She has a blue collar job and left school at 14

She's a boxer

She's not some privately educated and  polished politician with an army of handlers and PR people to prep her for an interview like this

I'm all for holding her accountable for her views, but this is punching down of the highest order IMO

She literally had a PR handler. Literally

I watched that interview myself and if anything the interviewer gave her ample opportunity to clarify her views on immigration considering she was promoting a Spar community and diversity project, she didn't backtrack on her October tweet so you have to assume she still holds those views whether she's taken a load of blows to the head or not..

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on March 29, 2023, 09:45:20 AM
https://gript.ie/kellie-harrington-apologies-dont-work-for-bullies-and-woke-fanatics/

Lololololol your dedication to the cause is remarkable. Ben Scallan was having a big cry on twitter the other day about place names around the world updating, e.g. Calcutta to Kolkatta. And you lot think everyone else is a snowflake!

Bunch of f**king West Brit gobshites.

square_ball

Shane Hannon will be cancelled too going by the tweets dug up from 10+ years ago.

Rudi

Quote from: gallsman on March 29, 2023, 09:51:39 AM
https://gript.ie/kellie-harrington-apologies-dont-work-for-bullies-and-woke-fanatics/

Lololololol your dedication to the cause is remarkable. Ben Scallan was having a big cry on twitter the other day about place names around the world updating, e.g. Calcutta to Kolkatta. And you lot think everyone else is a snowflake!

Attacking the Gript again & not the article content.

Real classy bit of stuff calling lads on here gimps etc. I see wee tommy cheerleading you yesterday. I posted an article thats factually correct, that doesn't make me anti immigrant. I have sympathy for all decent ones, who arrive here looking for a better life. Those that come here to rape & pillage can f**k off back where they came from.
Your very reactionary, slow down take a few deep breaths before you vomit you own bile.

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on March 29, 2023, 10:06:14 AM

Real classy bit of stuff calling lads on here gimps etc. I see wee tommy cheerleading you yesterday. I posted an article thats factually correct, that doesn't make me anti immigrant. I have sympathy for all decent ones, who arrive here looking for a better life. Those that come here to rape & pillage can f**k off back where they came from.
Your very reactionary, slow down take a few deep breaths before you vomit you own bile.

Factually correct! Christ almighty there's nothing factual in it whatsoever. Bluster, nothing but rabid bluster. Matt Treacy is upset that journalists haven't demanded more of a musician who killed someone, to which he admitted, was tried and sentenced. He was in the Ra ffs!

"Rape and pillage". Despicable. If only the likes of you could be made to f**k off as well, the country would be a much nicer place. We could find somewhere nobody else wants and ship you, Enoch, McGuirk, Barrett, Gemma, Nolan, Dr. Ciara, Wooly etc. all off togehter and you could shout and roar in your echo chamber without anyone challening you. You'd have a great time.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on March 29, 2023, 10:05:31 AM
Shane Hannon will be cancelled too going by the tweets dug up from 10+ years ago.

So he has been found out to be a hypocrite. No way!

quit yo jibbajabba

Why is everyone so angry these days

Rudi

Quote from: gallsman on March 29, 2023, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: Rudi on March 29, 2023, 10:06:14 AM

Factually correct! Christ almighty there's nothing factual in it whatsoever. Bluster, nothing but rabid bluster. Matt Treacy is upset that journalists haven't demanded more of a musician who killed someone, to which he admitted, was tried and sentenced. He was in the Ra ffs!

"Rape and pillage". Despicable. If only the likes of you could be made to f**k off as well, the country would be a much nicer place. We could find somewhere nobody else wants and ship you, Enoch, McGuirk, Barrett, Gemma, Nolan, Dr. Ciara, Wooly etc. all off togehter and you could shout and roar in your echo chamber without anyone challening you. You'd have a great time.

;D What are you on! You know anything about self awareness. Get out of the head shops.

whitey

Quote from: johnnycool on March 29, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 28, 2023, 07:46:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2023, 01:28:46 PM
If you want to publicize your opinions, you need to be prepared to defend them. That's the way free speech works. Obviously she was not prepared or able to defend herself. Next time hopefully she'll be smarter about what she says or tweets.

She has a blue collar job and left school at 14

She's a boxer

She's not some privately educated and  polished politician with an army of handlers and PR people to prep her for an interview like this

I'm all for holding her accountable for her views, but this is punching down of the highest order IMO

She literally had a PR handler. Literally

I watched that interview myself and if anything the interviewer gave her ample opportunity to clarify her views on immigration considering she was promoting a Spar community and diversity project, she didn't backtrack on her October tweet so you have to assume she still holds those views whether she's taken a load of blows to the head or not..

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd1yjelekggo.amp

"Addressing Monday's interview, she said she was "not prepared for a question unrelated to my sport" and had been "caught off guard"."