Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

So if an unvetted migrant murdered and raped someone would he have given Philly McMahon a grilling on his support for open borders?

trailer

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 12:26:12 PM
So if an unvetted migrant murdered and raped someone would he have given Philly McMahon a grilling on his support for open borders?

What has being a migrant got to do with it? Plenty of Irish people are murderers.

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on March 28, 2023, 12:32:08 PM

What has being a migrant got to do with it? Plenty of Irish people are murderers.

Dont waste your time arguing with that fool. He doesnt even live here and is a migrant himself, irony of which is way over his head.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 28, 2023, 05:07:00 AM
Quote from: Windmill abu on March 27, 2023, 11:23:48 PM
When Karrie Heatherington  won her gold medal, we all celebrated without wondering about her personal views.
Her opinions about immigration are her own and do not devalue her achievements as an Irish athlete.
We should not let the politically correct agenda pushed by the  sjw's deminish her achievements.

I stopped reading at "SJW."
There were only 3 words left
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

smelmoth

Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2023, 08:25:06 AM
She kept saying she wanted to move on and next question but the interviewer wouldn't let it go. I thought he came across as an activist on the matter and not a journalist tbh.

That is what a journalist is supposed to do.

Journalists who just move on to another subject because the interviewee might be exposed in answering the first question isn't really a journalist. They are just a stooge

smelmoth

Well no because that would be a completely over the top reaction.

Harrington on the other hand specifically retweeted (with her own added comments) a reactionary figure who cherrypicks stats to spread hate.

whitey

So because we have Irish murderers we should let foreign murderers into the country without vetting them. That makes sense. Thanks

Gmac

Gilroy makes sure the otb guys all sing off thx same hymn sheet.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on March 28, 2023, 12:42:56 PM
When Karrie Heatherington  won her gold medal, we all celebrated without wondering about her personal views.
Her opinions about immigration are her own and do not devalue her achievements as an Irish athlete.
We should not let the politically correct agenda pushed by the  sjw's deminish her achievements.

Thought this myself. He'd have got the entire point before taking a stand and refusing to read anymore.

whitey

Quote from: smelmoth on March 28, 2023, 12:47:47 PM

Harrington on the other hand specifically retweeted (with her own added comments) a reactionary figure who cherrypicks stats to spread hate.

Do you think she did extensive background research into the person who's tweet she retweeted

Does retweeting one tweet means she agrees with 100% of the positions that person holds

Maybe emotions were high in light of that girl getting murdered down in Tullamore and in the cold light of day she took the tweet down....I don't know, but it sounds like an ambush to me

Dag Dog

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 28, 2023, 12:52:14 PM

Thought this myself. He'd have got the entire point before taking a stand and refusing to read anymore.
Instead of putting in "Spoiler Alert", put in "SJW" to halt people from reading on.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Dag Dog on March 28, 2023, 12:57:15 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 28, 2023, 12:52:14 PM

Instead of putting in "Spoiler Alert", put in "SJW" to halt people from reading on.

Sorry dagdog i dont get you, i too stopped reading at SJW

smelmoth

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 12:53:41 PM

Do you think she did extensive background research into the person who's tweet she retweeted

Does retweeting one tweet means she agrees with 100% of the positions that person holds

Maybe emotions were high in light of that girl getting murdered down in Tullamore and in the cold light of day she took the tweet down....I don't know, but it sounds like an ambush to me

I don't know if she did extensive research. But she would be well advised to do some research before endorsing the comments of a hate spreader.

Retweeting does not automatically endorse the original message but as you have seen (and I have previously referenced) she did not simply retweet. She reiterated the message in her own words and called for our politicians to act.

Doesn't look remotely like an ambush to anyone sane.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 12:53:41 PM

I suppose we will never know her true views, as she was given the platform to air them, and never did. 

I think the question was fair.  She is of course entitled to an opinion regardless, but shouldn't be afraid to get asked about them. 

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

smelmoth

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 12:50:22 PM

So because we have Irish murderers we should let foreign murderers into the country without vetting them. That makes sense. Thanks

Did anyone say that?

I think the point being made is that the fraction of murders committed by immigrants is tiny and sometimes when such an atrocity is committed the reaction of some idiots to focus on the migrant status of 1 perpetrator rather the overall murder level and the causes of those. This allows officials to get away with failure. But they are happy to exploit the idiocy of some people. And you don't have to look very far for idiots. Sure the internet is full of them.