Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Windmill abu on March 27, 2023, 11:23:48 PM
When Karrie Heatherington  won her gold medal, we all celebrated without wondering about her personal views.
Her opinions about immigration are her own and do not devalue her achievements as an Irish athlete.
We should not let the politically correct agenda pushed by the  sjw's deminish her achievements.

I stopped reading at "SJW."

gallsman

Quote from: Windmill abu on March 27, 2023, 11:23:48 PM
When Karrie Heatherington  won her gold medal, we all celebrated without wondering about her personal views.
Her opinions about immigration are her own and do not devalue her achievements as an Irish athlete.
We should not let the politically correct agenda pushed by the  sjw's deminish her achievements.

Nobody has suggested her achievements have been de-valued. However, even if she wasn't being presented as a diversity advocate (this diversity is grand but that diversity isn't, eh?) it's a perfectly legitimate line of questioning. Embarrassing response from Harrington and the advisor in the background presuming they can dictate the direction of the interview. Her team certainly seemed to think they'd made a big enough balls of things that they had to rush out a statement.

Dark times ahead when asking someone about racist views is classified as being a "social justice warrior". Gimp.

Kidder81

clarshack

She kept saying she wanted to move on and next question but the interviewer wouldn't let it go. I thought he came across as an activist on the matter and not a journalist tbh.

tonto1888

Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2023, 08:25:06 AM
She kept saying she wanted to move on and next question but the interviewer wouldn't let it go. I thought he came across as an activist on the matter and not a journalist tbh.

did she actually answer him?

clarshack

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 28, 2023, 08:19:00 AM
What did she tweet ?

She retweeted about a 12 year old French girl who was raped and mutilated by immigrants last October.

clarshack

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 28, 2023, 08:39:56 AM

did she actually answer him?

You should watch it.

Itchy

Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2023, 08:43:14 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on March 28, 2023, 08:19:00 AM
What did she tweet ?

She retweeted about a 12 year old French girl who was raped and mutilated by immigrants last October.

Yes she said it was the 12 such attack where immigrants murdered someone and that was only in France.

I wonder if i found the stats on gay people who have murdered someone would Kelly put up a tweet saying "this is the x amount of murder committed by gay people and that is only in France"
I think she lacks basic intelligence that girl and thats a great shame that she has used her position to peddle such intolerant bullshit.

gallsman

It's precisely the job of a journalist to push for an answer where an interviewee tries to avoid giving one. It's not his job to give her a platform or put her in the spotlight unchallenged, especially given the hypocrisy of her being presented as a diversity ambassador.

What cause was he being an activist for? Who or what was he acting on behalf of? The woke mob? Tofu eating liberals? Leftie lawyers?

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on March 28, 2023, 09:35:13 AM

It's precisely the job of a journalist to push for an answer where an interviewee tries to avoid giving one. It's not his job to give her a platform or put her in the spotlight unchallenged, especially given the hypocrisy of her being presented as a diversity ambassador.

What cause was he being an activist for? Who or what was he acting on behalf of? The woke mob? Tofu eating liberals? Leftie lawyers?

Journo did his job. He pushed her on her opinion when she was acting as an ambassador for Spar. This is exactly what we want from Journos. She is free to have an opinion but she has to be prepared to defend it.
Cathal McCarron, Lance Armstrong all have had tough interviews on Off The Ball and it caught them off guard which says a lot about the type of interviews they are used to.

Captain Scarlet

Once they continue to do their job so...
Newstalk banned Irish Times journalists because big boss man said so. Not a peep.
Katie McCabe was on slating Qatar wearing her Emirates top and her holidays in Dubai where being gay is illegal.

Lookit Kellie was horrendous there, but whoever was handling her should have had her ready for that. This notion she has a PR team is a joke. That was some account manager for Spar from an agency who probably hasn't a clue about what was said at all.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

clarshack

he gave his own personal view on immigration, he should have kept impartial.

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on March 28, 2023, 09:50:18 AM

Journo did his job. He pushed her on her opinion when she was acting as an ambassador for Spar. This is exactly what we want from Journos. She is free to have an opinion but she has to be prepared to defend it.
Cathal McCarron, Lance Armstrong all have had tough interviews on Off The Ball and it caught them off guard which says a lot about the type of interviews they are used to.

If only the politicians could get questioned as hard on matters.

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2023, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 28, 2023, 09:50:18 AM

If only the politicians could get questioned as hard on matters.

I agree. 100%
He gave his own personal opinion but was very clear that it was his personal opinion.

Harrington was caught completely off guard and was not ready for the question. If she had have had an answer prepared she'd have been fine.

Kidder81

Why is it only coming up now if it was from October ?