62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 01:18:17 PM
Christie and Edouard turning it on.

Sadly too little too late.

Edouard has been operating at 50% all year and then when the league is over he starts playing ffs.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 14, 2021, 01:30:03 PM

Edouard has been operating at 50% all year and then when the league is over he starts playing ffs.

The issue is why is the team solely reliant on one player to play. We have the best squad in the league. We saw how good the likes of McGregor, Christie, Ajer, Rogic and Forrest were under Rodgers so why is it since Lennon has came in we have had to rely on whether Edouard does the business or not. Why is our form dependent on his form alone.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on February 14, 2021, 01:26:59 PM

Eduoard is a class act.  Has never really looked interested this year but has scored loads of goal.

Just imagine he was at a club where he enjoyed it.

And we'll be flogging him for less than £20m this summer because of our biscuit tin mentality. He should have been handed a bumper contract during last season that would allow us to demand his market rate this summer if he does want to leave.

Edouard is worth a minimum of 40m in today's market.

Villa paid £35m for Watkins this summer, a 25 year old English striker who doesn't even have an underage international cap, never played top flight football before, never won a trophy.

Edouard is contrast is a player who has a cabinet full of trophies, is two years Watkins junior, is a French u21 international who has scored double figures at that level - France being the current World Champions, has experience at European level. He's worth an absolute minimum of £40m but we'll cash in this summer for £20m or under.

skeog

Angelo DDs house in Shrewbury Road is being finished off to the highest standard.Need to sell ED for the final renovations.

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 13, 2021, 12:07:44 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 13, 2021, 08:52:17 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:09:02 PM
Surprised there's been no mention of the report into paedophilia in Scottish football being released yesterday

You'd think the forum's self-appointed Celtic superfan would have been all over this, especially given that Celtic came out of it by far the worst of any Scottish club

But no

Really does smack of the sort of institutional cover up we saw from the Catholic Church in this country

It was a report into paedophillia in Scottish Football. It was not a report on Celtic football club. Have you made a similar post in the ra gets thread? If you really are that concerned open a thread about it.

Most people know about the horrible abuses that went on at Celtic. Nobody wants to sweep them under the rug. It was reprehensible what happened and should never have happened. A dark mark on Celtic and their history and one which they will never be able to erase no matter what they do going forward.  But don't come across like those on twitter who try to use it as a point scoring exercise because that's exactly what this post reads like.
It was a report on paedophilia on Scottish football - and Celtic came out by far the worst of any club from of it

Unless you think you know more than Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News, who has been covering this story for years, who specifcally made this point

Again, another Celtic supporter whose default reaction on hearing the story is to protect Celtic FC and their airbrush their disgraceful Catholic Church type closing of ranks behaviour

Did you actually read my post? I am guessing not because you can clearly see I did not at any stage protect Celtic.
Sid, I have genuine sympathy for what you have been through. I lost my father a few years ago to cancer and know what you're going through. I also know what it does to you. I'd recommend you take time and spend it with your family and not on an Internet forum. For your own good
Thanks for the concern trolling

Calling a reference to a report on paedophilia at your favourite football team (among others) "a point scoring exercise" is Catholic Church closing ranks behaviour

Your default reaction (and the reaction of the one caricatured idiot that plagues this forum) was to ascribe a bad faith motive to  the person who referenced it

That's not just trolling, it's an attempt at online crisis management

I'd thoroughly expect it from the other moron

But it's pretty disappointing to see that reaction from any other Celtic supporter

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 14, 2021, 09:16:35 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 13, 2021, 12:07:44 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 13, 2021, 08:52:17 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:09:02 PM
Surprised there's been no mention of the report into paedophilia in Scottish football being released yesterday

You'd think the forum's self-appointed Celtic superfan would have been all over this, especially given that Celtic came out of it by far the worst of any Scottish club

But no

Really does smack of the sort of institutional cover up we saw from the Catholic Church in this country

It was a report into paedophillia in Scottish Football. It was not a report on Celtic football club. Have you made a similar post in the ra gets thread? If you really are that concerned open a thread about it.

Most people know about the horrible abuses that went on at Celtic. Nobody wants to sweep them under the rug. It was reprehensible what happened and should never have happened. A dark mark on Celtic and their history and one which they will never be able to erase no matter what they do going forward.  But don't come across like those on twitter who try to use it as a point scoring exercise because that's exactly what this post reads like.
It was a report on paedophilia on Scottish football - and Celtic came out by far the worst of any club from of it

Unless you think you know more than Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News, who has been covering this story for years, who specifcally made this point

Again, another Celtic supporter whose default reaction on hearing the story is to protect Celtic FC and their airbrush their disgraceful Catholic Church type closing of ranks behaviour

Did you actually read my post? I am guessing not because you can clearly see I did not at any stage protect Celtic.
Sid, I have genuine sympathy for what you have been through. I lost my father a few years ago to cancer and know what you're going through. I also know what it does to you. I'd recommend you take time and spend it with your family and not on an Internet forum. For your own good
Thanks for the concern trolling

Calling a reference to a report on paedophilia at your favourite football team (among others) "a point scoring exercise" is Catholic Church closing ranks behaviour

Your default reaction (and the reaction of the one caricatured idiot that plagues this forum) was to ascribe a bad faith motive to  the person who referenced it

That's not just trolling, it's an attempt at online crisis management

I'd thoroughly expect it from the other moron

But it's pretty disappointing to see that reaction from any other Celtic supporter

Seriously. Take some time out. It will benefit you.

sid waddell

More concern trolling, thanks for that

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 14, 2021, 09:33:38 PM
More concern trolling, thanks for that

You're one to talk about trolling. A report comes out about child abuse at clubs in Scotland. Your first reaction is to run to a Celtic discussion and post about it. Despite being told what happened at Celtic was abhorrent your first instinct is to attack the poster. Even when concern is expressed about your recent loss your first reaction is to attack.
I asked this already tho you probably missed it as you clearly didn't read my post. Did you post on the rangers thread? This is not a Celtic issue alone. Did you start a thread about it if you really cared so much about the victims? Don't worry. I already know the answers.

dublin7

This is the Celtic thread and while  Celtic were not the focus of the report they do come out of it very badly. Not one person thought this was worth mentioning until Sid pointed out everyone was very quiet about it.

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on February 14, 2021, 10:06:02 PM
This is the Celtic thread and while  Celtic were not the focus of the report they do come out of it very badly. Not one person thought this was worth mentioning until Sid pointed out everyone was very quiet about it.

No club came out of it well. If he was that concerned, or if you are, start a thread on it.
I will be honest, I didn't know the report was due out but I don't need a report to know how badly Celtic handled everything about the abuse. And that's before you consider the fact that it happened in the first place. As I said a dark stain on Celtics history and one which will never fully be erased no matter what they do going forward.

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:08:56 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 14, 2021, 10:06:02 PM

No club came out of it well. If he was that concerned, or if you are, start a thread on it.
I will be honest, I didn't know the report was due out but I don't need a report to know how badly Celtic handled everything about the abuse. And that's before you consider the fact that it happened in the first place. As I said a dark stain on Celtics history and one which will never fully be erased no matter what they do going forward.

Neil Lennon might not be a good manager but he gets serious abuse on here for doing his best. It probably won't be good enough to win the league but that's not a crime

Some shocking stuff has gone on in Scottish football and in particular at Celtic. When you see that former senior manager and board member suspected issues but said nothing, I would have thought that was worth mentioning by someone on here or is that less relevant to the 10 in a row hopes and what Niel Lennon did today?

tonto1888

Is that in the report? Well then it begs the question why have you or Sid not brought this up before because that's been known for a long time.
I will ask again have you posted about this in the rangers thread? Or are you being selective in which victims you care about?

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:31:31 PM
Is that in the report? Well then it begs the question why have you or Sid not brought this up before because that's been known for a long time.
I will ask again have you posted about this in the rangers thread? Or are you being selective in which victims you care about?

dublin7 is a noted troll.

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:31:31 PM

I didn't even know about the report until Sid mentioned it. Then I did do a google search and seen how bad it was. Celtic did try to deny responsibility but the report shatters that defence. Does no one think that's worth mentioning?

To be fair to Celtic they have made a statement on it since the report was released even if its f**k all use to the victims. I've no idea if Rangers have said anything on it, but I didn't see any statement in the reports online.

This isn't a specific attack on Celtic. Frankly Scottish football from the very top down comes out of it badly and from what I've now read from people who do know what they're talking about the report could have been alot harsher on the clubs/SFA.

I would have thought though someone would have said something about it on here.