The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It's nothing new, Trump is a cheer boy for the ultra right mobs, that's his base.

The thing is, nothing has worked for Trump, he can't get close to Biden in the polls in the  3 or 4 States that matter. Biden is so far ahead that only if all the undecided in those States suddenly decide to vote Trump, would it be on a knife edge. And it is unprecedented that the undecideds  will decide to vote for the incumbent on the day in any great numbers.   

That's why Trump is in full sabotage disruption mode, he knows he's going to lose. Biden only has to stay on life support to beat this idiot and his VP  should be able to chop up Pence in the next debate.

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on September 30, 2020, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2020, 07:54:52 AM
Biden refusing to condemn Antifa.
Trump refusing to condemn proud boys.

How did America get to this point?

There is key difference.

Proud Boys exist as a structured group. Trump blew the dog whistle and the boys stood proud. Shameful stuff.

Antifa provide a very different. I'm anti-fascist. Many years ago I was a paid up member of an anti fascist organisation. Hopefully everyone on here is anti fascist. Trump and the right cannot bring themselves between anti fascists like myself who can recognise racism when we see it and a minority within antifa and the wider left that probably do go to unacceptable extremes. I don't think Biden would have the least problem condemning those extremes. But the right never ask that question do they?
Anybody who is not antifa has abhorrent views

Because anybody who is not antifa is a fascist sympathiser at least

Punching Nazis should always be encouraged because they're, well, Nazis

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on September 30, 2020, 02:53:41 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 30, 2020, 01:30:37 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2020, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 30, 2020, 12:16:29 PM
Quote from: omochain on September 30, 2020, 05:00:43 AM
Democracy is on a knife edge. Unhinged Trump.. Media trying to be fair and it ain't working.
The media have enabled Trump for his whole life

They are enablers of fascism with constant false balance, false equivalence and deference

They are biased in favour of ratings even if it means they enable fascism

There will be many books written about the shameful failure of media in the face of Trump and his fascism over the last five years

No matter how many times you say Trump is a fascist, it won't make it true.

Has Biden denounced the Antifa terrorists yet? Or is he still telling people to bail them out? I mean, not even Trump said anything like that.
Some people said that about Hitler in the 1930s
'
We are living through equally dangerous times, frankly anybody who isn't invoking the historical spectre of Hitler as regards Trump isn't paying attention at all

Trump's own defence secretary invoked comparisons to the Nazis about him

I hope you can sleep, actually I hope you can't - I wouldn't if I was so shamelessly on the wrong side of history like you, but I suppose in your case the shamelessness takes care of the sleeping

Another NI Catholic who rejects the lessons of their own their Irish history and then some

People like you were the natural allies of the Glennane Gang and the likes

Wise the f**k up Sid - coming out with that shite
I see no reason to spare feelings

What I wrote is entirely legitimate opinion and believe me, I would that tell that person the exact same thing to their face

The only confusion I have is what the user name "Red Hand 88" refers to

Given this is a GAA forum I would have assumed it referred to Tyrone and perhaps the year of birth of that poster or maybe significant year in their lives

But perhaps I was mistaken in that

Given the actual views of that poster one would have to say it's not impossible that "Red Hand 88" may refer to the Red Hand Defenders and "Heil Hitler"

The poster's views are typical of the sort you would expect from people who believe in such stuff

Who knows

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: sid waddell on September 30, 2020, 04:47:31 PMGiven the actual views of that poster one would have to say it's not impossible that "Red Hand 88" may refer to the Red Hand Defenders and "Heil Hitler"

Maybe take a few days off Sid - holy f**k 

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Statisticians: Trump interrupted 71 times, Biden interrupted 22 times
Conservatives: Both sides are as bad as the other!

An Watcher

When is the vice-president debate? Could be worth a watch as well

Blowitupref

Can forget about any further debates if the moderator is as poor Chris Wallace. Trump as usual came out with some daft comments. To quote Dana Bash it was a shit show.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eamonnca1

They'll need to put them in soundproof booths with mutable microphones next time.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 30, 2020, 07:07:24 PM
They'll need to put them in soundproof booths with mutable microphones next time.

Should have been obvious that was needed.
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 30, 2020, 05:49:48 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 30, 2020, 04:47:31 PMGiven the actual views of that poster one would have to say it's not impossible that "Red Hand 88" may refer to the Red Hand Defenders and "Heil Hitler"

Maybe take a few days off Sid - holy f**k
You might say "holy f**k" but the poster in question is a pure Trump propagandist, so it's not much of a leap to imagine this stuff

Trump and his regime have consistently dog whistled or offered succour to open white supremacists - as he did last night

Michael Moore was totally accurate when he said "Trump is always lying and yet always telling the truth" - and those dog whistles of support to open white supremacists are the grotesque truth of what he is about - and they are obvious and meant to be heard and understood by everybody

Open white supremacists are his base and it's a very, very short hop from open white supremacists to neo-Nazis - I would say the difference between open white supremacists and neo-Nazis is so small that it is pretty much invisible, as white supremacism is based on all the same assumptions as Nazism

Given that the poster in question is a consistent Trump propagandist who will defend him to the last, come what may, and constantly tell others that they are not really hearing what they actually are hearing, one has to question or surmise what the the real beliefs of such a poster would be

That poster is obviously comfortable with a US president supporting white supremacist organisations (and let's face it - dog whistles are open support, Trump knows it, the media knows it, white supremacists know it, their potential victims know it, everybody knows it)

What does that say about that poster?

It certainly says that the term "Heil Hitler" would not necessarily be an affront to their moral compass, because we already know their moral compass is pretty much non-existent - as it is for all fervent Trump propagandists

We as a people, ie. the people of the world, have sadly have become inured and desensitised to this stuff by constant repetition and we as a people have tended too much to fool ourselves that what is happening isn't really happening, "it couldn't happen there", perhaps because to face up to the truth is too depressing and too frightening

We shouldn't be desensitised - Trump and his regime are genuinely evil

We may not be shocked any more because the barrage of fascist rhetoric and dog whistles is so constant, but that does not make it any more acceptable, it never does

Some may call what I said to the poster in question "abuse" - I say there are legitimate questions to be asked about what to me seem to be obvious abhorrent beliefs that should be an affront to anybody with a shred of humanity

We have long since passed the time where it might have been appropriate to hold back on Nazi comparisons as regards Trump, his regime and his supporters

His own former Defence Secretary James Mattis invoked the Nazis as a comparison to the Trump regime FFS

RedHand88

You don't have the first idea who I am or what my political allegiance is you absolute nutjob. 88 is the year I was born.
It does not mean heil Hitler you clown.

Put down the phone and take a break ffs, this is not healthy for you.

Is there no moderator to stamp out this sort of abuse?

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 01, 2020, 12:11:39 AM
You don't have the first idea who I am or what my political allegiance is you absolute nutjob. 88 is the year I was born
It does not mean heil Hitler you clown.

Put down the phone and take a break ffs, this is not healthy for you.
That's good to hear and what I had originally assumed

Still doesn't change the fact your views are horrible

Taylor

Dont take this personally Sid as I dont know you but if what you post is what you believe and it is typically the way of many Democrats behave it is clear to see why some moderate Republicans or undecided voters go with Trump.

I know you may not see this, but the anti Trump supporters seem to be as crazy and fanatical as some of the moderate Trump supporters.

It truly is a fucked up situation

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 09:29:42 AM
Dont take this personally Sid as I dont know you but if what you post is what you believe and it is typically the way of many Democrats behave it is clear to see why some moderate Republicans or undecided voters go with Trump.

I know you may not see this, but the anti Trump supporters seem to be as crazy and fanatical as some of the moderate Trump supporters.

It truly is a fucked up situation
I am fanatically anti-fascist, fanatically anti-the widespread denigration of science and reason and fanatically anti-the targetting of minorities for othering

I see no reason why everybody shouldn't be fanatically anti-those things because the evidence is pretty clear those things are disastrous for humanity

This is a discussion forum and if people are not fanatically anti-those things it is up to them to explain why they are not

It is up to them to explain why they are in favour of ideologies which are demonstrably disastrous for humanity