Fraudsters/Con men (or women :D )

Started by Milltown Row2, November 28, 2018, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

I remember reading that when the credit interest rates are so low you should considered using your savings to knock abit of your mortgage as it 'could' work out better in the long run. Rather than letting savings sit idle. As well as keeping a rainy day fund.

An Watcher

Not sure if there has been a topic on this or not but found this one.  Would many people on here see scams or frauds.  I've had 3 or 4 in the last year eg dd done through sky TV, mobile phones trying to be set up etc.  Pain in the back side getting them resolved but after the most recent one I think I'm going to change banks.  Not sure if this will work though.  Thankfully 8 haven't lost any money but happening a little too often for my liking.  Any experiences of this or advice?

imtommygunn

How do you think they are getting details? Has it specifically been one account?

I had my bank details leaked on the "dark web" by a previous workplace and they setup an equifax account which alerts on fraud. I haven't closed and opened because of that but if I hadn't that I would have amended my account. That would only work if it's one account though.